• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I love Smash Bros

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
The number of music tracks are amazing, and they alone makes this game worth the money. I often think about it as getting Nintendos whole collection on one gam card. Also, the spirits make a lot of sense instead of the trophies. Who rotated the trophies anyway? You most often give them a quick look, which stickers are perfect for.

Why do you love Smash Bros.?

D

Deleted member

The number of music tracks are amazing, and they alone makes this game worth the money. I often think about it as getting Nintendos whole collection on one gam card. Also, the spirits make a lot of sense instead of the trophies. Who rotated the trophies anyway? You most often give them a quick look, which stickers are perfect for.

Why do you love Smash Bros.?
Because I love Competetive

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I disagree about stickers, trophies are better. They were 3D( really how lazy does someone have to be to complain about rotating), they were detailed, they even had an impact in subspace emmissary. The idea of smash characters being toys in a kids room or trophies that came to life was great. But to answer the last question, the only smash i ever liked was brawl. Its not that melee or 64 were bad. its just that they werent fun without ppl to play against and had no online or as much content as brawl. Factor in that im a millennial and most of my upbringing was with brawl and not the former two so..and, ultimate is the second smash game ive truly played. I intentionally skipped wii u. Hell, i still have my GC and melee and still cant get into melee beyond unlocking all the characters. My wii has smash 64 and i have no aspiration to play it. Brawl and ultimate are why i like smash.

D

Deleted member

Fun question! It basically has content that caters to both casual and competitive players.

• I like the universal command list given to the characters. It makes the game easy to learn.
  • There is a character for everybody. Mine, of course, are :4peach::rosalina::4bayonetta2::ultdaisy:.
  • The advanced techniques that players work so hard to discover. Things like wave-dashing, dash-dancing, wave-shine combos, etc...
  • The ever-expanding selection of items to play with.
  • I get to make a :4miif: based off of me. Lately, though, Soulcalibur's create-a-soul I find far superior, so...whatever.
  • Finally, it simply has the best selection of music, stages, and collectibles.

Sa, I first tried the original Smash a bit back in late 2001, but have not touched it again until 2007. Began playing Melee in 2005, Brawl in late 2010, and Smash 4 in late 2016. This series is what got me interested in and loving Nintendo to begin with.

Sayonara :kirby:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I love competing and pushing myself to improve with my favorite video game characters and playing competitive. I also love playing free for all’s with all items on with three other friends. I love that so many things that I love coming together in one package. You loving it primarily for the music just shows how amazing Smash is and that there is truly something for everyone in this game. It’s a beautiful game and even more than a game. It’s a phenomenal piece of art

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Spirit/Stickers honestly do feel better than Trophies. Namely because they serve a purpose beyond being something to look at. That said, Spirits not having any text is kind of silly(but understandable).

Anyway, I've always loved the mini-games and cool cast. We've had tons of unique characters and playstyles. I also loved how each game has something different to collect and do. Melee simply had the basic "get a few things done" as well as unlocking all characters/stages/trophies. 64 had a great Classic Mode as well really fun and unique stages. There was no strictly non-hazardous stage. It also had one of the best themes ever. Brawl introduced an all new Adventure Mode that wasn't a slightly different Classic Mode in 64. The stickers were really fun, though I wish trophies were easier to collect in that game. Smash 3DS/Wii U had customs, which made it really fun for me. Ultimate has a return to a unique Classic Mode that feels more balanced, and has everyone back. Plus a new Race to the Finish.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
I get to play as Peach using the appealing Peach Bomber defeating all of her inferior opponents with just that one move! Loved Peach's grabs, back air, edge attack, custom Peach Bomber, stage builder and special smash mode.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Cause it's a crossover fighting game with some of my favorite characters in gaming history.
2018121617541600-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

Not to mention the most adorable 8 player match ever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because it's easy to learn, hard to master. I love these types of games

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Because it's an incredibly hype game with lots of my favorite VG charaters in it.

And because any fighter is viable and I can beat up characters like Cloud Strife and Yoshi as King Dedede and Palutena.

Top Bottom