• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why haven't they profiled Meta Knight and Snake?

Farca

Smash Cadet
The Dojo website has profiled alot of character on the website. We have seen some old Smashers from the old games, and some new ones. But one thing that is bothering me is, why haven't they profiled Snake and/or Meta Knight? They are confirmed and it would be an easy update for them. I think they have some reason for not doing it yet. I mean they have announced 3 characters we haven't even seen before the update on the website. I just wanted to make this thread to see what your theories are.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Snake is already a confirmed unlockable.

Meta Knight in my view isn't an unlockable, as they have already told us his B moves and showed us many images using him unlike Snake who isn't shown in anything. I would expect MK to be updated in the coming weeks.

Farca

Smash Cadet
Well even if they are secret characters, how come they couldn't profile them? They have shown them (a lot). It's not like there is something to hide (to my knowledge).

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, I guess it's still because they are unlockable. Possibly the same with Captain Falcon and whichever Earthbound hero they choose.
Metaknight probably is unlockable, most likely by beating Adventure Mode. He does seem to play a big role there ( see Halberd, his airship ). Sakurai doesn't reveal him the usual way because he's special, I guess.

I also predict that we'll soon get his profile, or another unlockable's, to initiate the phase where unlockables are shown. Since there's supposed to be a Nintendo event soon and all.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Everyone that has saw the trailer already know that Snake and Metaknight are there. Sakurai just doesn't feel like putting them up there. I'm not sure if he is going to do it yet. They're going to be in Brawl anyways so don't worry if they're not profiled. It's better to play as them.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Snake is going to be unlockable, that's already been confirmed. Also, notice how Snake hasn't been shown in any screenshot in any update so far? That's because he's a secret character. With Meta-Knight though, I think that they're going to reveal a bit of his plotline in the SE but they're not ready to reveal it yet so they're keeping his profile from us for the time being.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Snake is going to be unlockable, that's already been confirmed. Also, notice how Snake hasn't been shown in any screenshot in any update so far? That's because he's a secret character. With Meta-Knight though, I think that they're going to reveal a bit of his plotline in the SE but they're not ready to reveal it yet so they're keeping his profile from us for the time being.
This is probably the most logical conclusion yet.

I just think it's odd that Sakurai would be showing him constantly (and noticeably, very noticeably.) if he was unlockable.

Farca

Smash Cadet
When did they confirm that Snake was an unlockable character? I never heard anything.

J-Red

Smash Cadet
Back when Sakauri only updated the website once a monthish Snake and Metaknight both had profiles with 4 screenshots like everyone else. And at the rate of updating every weekday there will be plenty of information by December rolls around so my guess is their profiles will be fillers to waste a character update on.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
When did they confirm that Snake was an unlockable character? I never heard anything.
There was a quote on the old site that said something like "I want 3rd party characters to be treated like guests, so they will be unlockable."

Farca

Smash Cadet
There was a quote on the old site that said something like "I want 3rd party characters to be treated like guests, so they will be unlockable."
Oh cool. I never saw the old site, I just followed the new one. Well I guess I will have to fight (literally) for snake.

Croco

Smash Lord
We are only getting the starter characters at this moment.
Probably after December 3rd we will get the unlockables.

Another Hero

Smash Rookie
We are only getting the starter characters at this moment.
Probably after December 3rd we will get the unlockables.
Exactly. Theyre not gonna give us the full roster or prolly even game modes before Dec. 3.

Even then theyre gonna have to give people time to do the unlockables.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Snake is supposed to be an unlockable character.
Meta Knight is most likely an unlockable character (go play Knightmare in Dreamland for the GBA).

Also, saving Solid Snake's profile and info toward the end will likely generate more interest and discussion as the holiday season approaches and gamers' eyes are all turned toward blockbuster titles.

Masahiro Sakurai has said before that he likes to give other studio's characters more spotlight, which is why there has only been one Kirby character thus far. This is yet another reason why Meta Knight could be held back and other characters shown off before him.

Darkurai

Smash Master
They put up Meta-Knight's moveset so that they can do it again later.

Top Bottom