• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why hasnt this character been mentioned... NiGHTS!

WR3K

Smash Ace

NiGHTS, the rule bender......

never has been on a nintendo console before, BUT will be very soon, and some of the composers in brawl have worked on nights..... is by sega, who is already buddy buddy with nintendo and they might throw him in with sonic, IF he will be in

i think a crazy move set could be made.... talk about floaty.....

edit: too bad its so late in development.... unless nintendo has massive secrets

Fawriel

Smash Master
Now there's a third party character who I could live with, to say the least... most third party guys whose games I haven't played, I'm opposed to, but after seeing some videos of this, I must say it(he/she?) would be absolutely perfect.
Only other character I've had in this position is Klonoa.
And then the only other third party character I'd really like would be a FF6 one, naturally. =P

But yeah, anyway. NiGHTS. Awesome.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
NiGHTS would be an extremely interesting addition to Brawl. Having seen some of the gameplay from the original, "floaty" would be an understatement at best- gravity is barely in the thing's vocabulary. At any rate, if there's any chance of this- and I'm not saying there is- it could prove to be very interesting. . .

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
No. Nights is a ******** clown who has about as much chance of getting in as Jak and Daxter do. I hate him/her.
right... but, arent all videogame characters (or cartoon characters) all considered ********? unless you give them real time movement and voice acting to atleast sound smart, then by default every single fictional character is ********.:ohwell:
but still, i dont like how anything could be called ********, because it never had a brain to begin with, (same goes for everything else). since that was said, id say Caael is ********, for calling an inanimate object, ********.

Caael

Smash Lord
right... but, arent all videogame characters (or cartoon characters) all considered ********? unless you give them real time movement and voice acting to atleast sound smart, then by default every single fictional character is ********.:ohwell:
but still, i dont like how anything could be called ********, because it never had a brain to begin with, (same goes for everything else). since that was said, id say Caael is ********, for calling an inanimate object, ********.

Dictionary.com said:

adjective
1. relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development; "providing a secure and sometimes happy life for the ********" [ant: precocious]

noun
1. people collectively who are mentally ********; "he started a school for the ********" [syn: mentally ********]
So no, I am not ********. I just use it as a general insult.

But really, NiGHTS isn't a hugely popular character. He/ she comes from the sonic series, and even Sonic is doubted, so NiGHTS has even less chance of getting in.

Put it like this:

Say Link wasn't in the game, and people wanted him in. Then some people started going on about how they want Skull Kid in brawl. It's stupid- if the main character from the franchise isnt in, then a little sub-character wont either.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
I would much rather see NiGHTS in the game than Sonic. NiGHTS is a cooler character from a better game that never ceases to remind me why I love my Sega Saturn so very much. That's enough for me.

WR3K

Smash Ace
we truthfully dont know what secrets nintendo holds...

you think they are gunna show all of their secret characters? let alone before the game is even released?

sonic alone would be the suprise of the decade if nintendo didnt anounce it....

the only thing is they might have to put sega on the back of the game cover

the inclusion of nights would just make it that much sweeter, bringing together an even closer bond between sega and nintendo and hopefully rubbing off some nintendo charm on the currently troubled sega team

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Also, lets not forget that Smash Brothers has form for promoting a new game. Roy?

I never played NiGHTS, but this character is the sort of colourful retro character that can be seen to belong to the nostalia love-fest of Smash Brothers.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
What is the name of that character? Is his/her name actually just "NiGHTS"?

I would much rather see this awesome character in the game than Sonic. Though I know Sonic will be more appreciated by Sega fans.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
So no, I am not ********. I just use it as a general insult.

But really, NiGHTS isn't a hugely popular character. He/ she comes from the sonic series, and even Sonic is doubted, so NiGHTS has even less chance of getting in.

Put it like this:

Say Link wasn't in the game, and people wanted him in. Then some people started going on about how they want Skull Kid in brawl. It's stupid- if the main character from the franchise isnt in, then a little sub-character wont either.

first off, nights isn't apart of the sonic series, hes owned by sega, just like how link and mario are both owned by nintendo, but both have their own franchises. that means nights is his own main character aside from sonic in their own respective series....

secondly, i know what ******** means, i was also using it as an insult.

another thing, you have no idea how popular nights is, you just never heard of it is all (i refer to nights as an it).

also, why are you calling it a ******** clown thing? didnt you describe the word ******** already? basically, you just contradicted yourself. lol.

*screams at top of lungs* DUH~

really, some people..... *sigh*

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
NiGHTS being in Brawl would make me incredibly happy. It's the second best thing that could happen in brawl imo (the first being cap olimar ^_^)

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
When the Brawl site first updated and I saw that one fo the composers was from NiGHTS, I drew the same conclusions. NiGHTS would be an ideal pick for the Smash Franchise: fan-favorite, retro, and interesting. Imagine a NiGHTS moveset....*drool*
With a new NiGHTS on the horizon for Wii, this could be a perfect opportunity to add a worthy 3rd party character as well as build some hype.

Caael

Smash Lord
first off, nights isn't apart of the sonic series, hes owned by sega, just like how link and mario are both owned by nintendo, but both have their own franchises. that means nights is his own main character aside from sonic in their own respective series....

secondly, i know what ******** means, i was also using it as an insult.

another thing, you have no idea how popular nights is, you just never heard of it is all (i refer to nights as an it).

also, why are you calling it a ******** clown thing? didnt you describe the word ******** already? basically, you just contradicted yourself. lol.

*screams at top of lungs* DUH~

really, some people..... *sigh*
Again, ******** as an insult when I said ******** clown, so i'm not contradicting myself. Though it's more of a ******** jester.

I have heard of Nights, but I didn't know how popular it is, so I apologise for not knowing the facts.

I thought that as Nights has appeared in Sonic game, that they were somehow linked, but I never played the Nights game so I didn't know.

Top Bottom