• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why don't more people p2p?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
AIM / MSN is the best for that, keep everyone from players compendium in a "smash players" group and IM message people for a p2p.

If that fails PM someone and let em know you wanna face em.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Or use Trillian, and learn how to forward your port. Problem solved.

I got both AIM AND MSN, so it's no problem to communicate with anyone, unless they don't have an IM. I'd rather have Hamachi off, my internet is slow and even the slight usage of it updating rooms and such is...bleh. I already know how to forward and reforward my ports within 1-2 minutes, so it's no problem for me.
Can you (or someone else) explain to me how to forward ports?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I have 140 ping on EGX and I always (want to) use LAN (the best, I get 8-9 frames instead of 11-12), but stupid n00bs don't even know how to change connection and I sometimes have to use good (aka bad)

Superstar

Smash Champion
Remember when I said I'm making a guide?

I'll hold on that promise. I've already started, and it's more than halfway finished. I'll still need to fix it up and rewrite portions, but it's coming together.

You'd have to AIM/MSN me if you want tips on how to do it, because it's a VERY complicated thing to teach, that I'd need an IM to teach someone 1 on 1.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Open a browser

Put your routers IP into the address bar

Go into the port area (its different with all router brand names)

allow access to port 27888, and 27886

meh....

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I have 140 ping on EGX and I always (want to) use LAN (the best, I get 8-9 frames instead of 11-12), but stupid n00bs don't even know how to change connection and I sometimes have to use good (aka bad)
8-9 frames isnt worth playing, you're better off in training mode sadly. but from what I remember you're far from the US, im in canada so I can get on the east coast EGX server

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yeah Nixxxon I don't get why you're always on EGX, so many players got msn and can play p2p. Why play with noobs if you can play with people like me lol
from playing with noobs he probably is taking on their habits and will get owned by someone who plays in a delay that feels almost like console.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Open a browser

Assuming this is 192.168.0.1 it asks for a password and username. And Superstar I'd love to see that guide maybe I can use it for my tourney (to make my own server or something), but that tourney is soon so I hope you finish it in time!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Random character tourney would be fun for ssb64, looking at your siggy but complicated to set up.

I wish I could make your tourney but I dont expect my new adaptor in the mail for awhile since I only get paid in 2 weeks (ive been unemployed and obviously the money I have is for bills/food/baby stuff)

I really miss playing smash though and I havent been in any of koros tourneys yet so when Im not rusty after I get my *** whooped all over the place by Dan or something I hope to enter one of the smashboards tourneys.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Assuming this is 192.168.0.1 it asks for a password and username. And Superstar I'd love to see that guide maybe I can use it for my tourney (to make my own server or something), but that tourney is soon so I hope you finish it in time!
ask who ever manages your wireless connection for the password...

if its default its

User name: admin
Password: none (meaning no password, not the word "none"

Superstar

Smash Champion
Open a browser

meh....
That's the problem.

How do you get your routers IP? How do you know where to find your port area? How do you know which port to allow? What is a port, what is an IP? What is that IP field for, do I go to "Whatismyip.org" and put it in?

ipconfig /all and portforward.com are your friends, but you gotta tell someone HOW to use those tools. I've taught so many people how to port forward. Something that should be so simple is actually...difficult. I know I took a while to learn what all those stuff meant.

Also, that password is different for every router. :D

Basically, it's a guide to set up the P2P client, and port forward all in one. For Dummies. :D

Almost done with version 1 of it.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
from playing with noobs he probably is taking on their habits and will get owned by someone who plays in a delay that feels almost like console.
no lol. Lawrencelot is one of the few from europe that beat me but, thats it, there are few good online players from europe, sometimes cant find any good european player who is online and I go to EGX. I think going to EGX with LAN connection, getting 8 frames you get your skill decreased badly, but its still playable

Superstar

Smash Champion
Already included it. :D

The Port Forwarding guide there is too bleh for my purposes, but the router specific stuff is really nice.

Guide is already more or less done. Just need to patch it up and post.

Top Bottom