• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why does ROB counter snake??

-Ran

Smash Master
A campy Rob is difficult with a Snake to play. Rob can constantly kite Snake with Gyro and Laser, and once Snake manages to get close enough, he can do a Down smash [which has range slightly less than the F-Tilit of Snake.] Thus, if Snake botches his spacing when approaching, the D-Tilt will beat out his F-Tilt, and send him into the air.

Furthermore, Rob has an offstage game that Snake cannot compete with. Rob can essentially camp/lure Snake to an edge, and get easy, unpunishable, nairs off. I play Sudai with Snake a good bit, so I'm used to the match up. >> Very annoying.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its atleast even guaranteed, however many snake players hate fighting robs. dsf, whos probably the best snake in the US thinks ROB is a counter. if he is though its only like 55 45 IMO. its still a cool match none the less

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wayland, you're top tier.

ROB counters Snake. At least 60/40 in ROB's favor. Anyone that says it is even is impatient and doesn't know to shield when Snake starts running.

sumafni

Smash Rookie
I've never had discussions about da smash series period so *** far as da lingo im a noob, def not in how I play...but wat is campin?

waks

Smash Journeyman
Camping is throwing out projectiles, playing defensively, pressuring your opponent into approaching you and committing a mistake, wherein you can capitalize and punish him for it. (My own definition, lol)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Camping is the act of not approaching with the intent of forcing your opponent to approach you. Campers often pick an area that gives them an advantage in some way, and pressure with projectiles to force the opponent to approach.

This is different than stalling, which is the act of not approaching and avoiding all conflict with the intent of running out the timer.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
To camp with great spacing and timing and to punish everything in an awesome manner is to be good.

Top Bottom