• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you main trainer?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Charizard. Seriously, when I first saw the title for the post on the dojo, I was like::confused:

then when the picture loaded and I saw Charizard, I nearly had a heart attack. The post on the switch told me that (unfortunately), I can't play as Charizard forever, so I was preparing this entire plan to deal with stamina. When I found out that stamina was a time thing, I planned it in minutes. After joining here (and a couple of days of binge gameplay), it was altered to switch after KO.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
squirtle, squirtle is one of my favorite pokemon(next to gengar) i thought pokemon trainer would be really good also. heh i never knew how difficult his learning curve would be.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I main Pokemon Trainer because I was trying to find a low tier character to play for Clash of the Titants Low-Tier Tournament. Little did I know the great enjoyment was of playing 3 dramatically different characters. My mains were Ike and Marth but my sudden briek dislike for Ike also influenced my decision of switching mains to Pokemon Trainer.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72380

There is no way I could ever NOT use Pokemon Trainer after a topic like that. Page 18 (or was it 19?) is probably the greatest moment I'll ever have on these boards. XD

I really like Red. He's my favourite trainer in any of the games (and his female counterpart is my favourite female), and to use the first three starters in Smash is just awesome. What's even cooler is that Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard are my favourites from each evolutionary stage, so this character is really a dream come true.

Oh yeah...and when I first came across Red in the Japanese version of Gold....man, I couldn't get over how awesome his team was. I even emulated it for a while.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
since smash64, squirtle was the one greatest wish i had for a playable character in brawl. from any game series. it was extremely unlikely.

i'd always promised myself that i'd main him. too bad i can't LOL

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I get too bored with other characters. I have to keep using the smae moves oner and over. With PT, though, I got 3 completely different movesets, except the move that switches those movesets (Pokemon Change). And, Charizard is the most straight-up BAMF in the game!!!!!

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
Not really my main, but i decided that Lucas would need some kind of backup against characters that give him problems, and i liked the feel of the 3 pokemon. PT is always my right hand man

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
I was the biggest pokemon freak ever. I still am a bit freak-ily attracted to pokemon. When I was younger, I owned a pokemon website and drew pokemon with a bunch of other pokemon fans.

And the three first starters for the pokemon games were always the best. When I heard that I could play all three I was sold right there.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I needed a new character to play with in Brawl cuz my Marth game against my friend was rediculously predictable and I played PT in Subspace Emmisary and played with him often and When I played squirtle I had fun, eventually I got into the other 2 pokemon and well here I am.

I really think PT as unique and a good challange for myself to be able to master him (3 styles in 1 character)

I take great pride in my choice.

SuorGenoveffa

Smash Apprentice
Pokémon Trainer is just plain cool: it's three unique characters in one unique roster spot (or something like that). I love characters with fluid movement (Squirtle); Ivysaur is just one of the most peculiar fighters in the game and Charizard is the perfect heavyweight for me (I especially love it's grab range). At first, I was just going to have him as my secondary to Zelda and Ike... now I'm proud to main Pokémon Trainer and be the only one playing it around here lol.

Oh, and obviously, RBY days nostalgia :p.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Pt saved me in Brawl. I hadnt picked up TL as my second main yet but now TL and PT have carried me all this way and I have become better.

@Genoveffa- nice to see a fellow Italian picking up PT. I'm no immigrant but I got all my dad's family's Italian genes. lol.

K-Dog244

Smash Cadet
Because those three are the roots to the entire Pokemon series! Also they are cool and hard to master.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
heh kris that video was 2 weird but funny. it made me lol till i just couldn't lol anymore...lol

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I play the Pokemon D/P game and the Pokemon TCG card game. Thats why I main Pokemon Trainer. Grass pokemon ftw!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
if it weren't a pokemon character or even had a worse set of pokemon,

i'd never bother learning such a ridiculous character

lol

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
because charizard is the closest to typhlosion i could get

Bleep

Smash Rookie
I started out with trainer cause I wanted to play squirtle (and a little ivysaur). Now I do it also because of the challenge of the character.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
I bought Brawl mainly for online (as Wii did not have an online fighter) and for Pikachu. I played Pikachu briefly in a rent in Melee, but I really didn't get into the game series.

Seeing Trainer being a playable character and using the pokemon was really cool I thought. Though I really liked Pika pi. :) I did okay with Pika, but wanted to do pretty good with PT. I had played PT and did some nice moves, but recovering was hard for me with PT. Much more than I anticipated. So I dropped PT. I went back to PT a second time just messing around. I guess I couldn't get enough of hearing Ivy and Squirt say various portions of their pokemon name when fighting. I was a fan from the anime, so that helped keep the interest in PT.

Yet I dropped PT again due to recovery errors, and feeling I wasn't making much progress in Brawl and my wins were not very much. I sort of became huffed, and played lack luster. Then one day I decided I would try PT again and this time stick with PT no matter what. With determination I worked on improving my recoveries. This did work itself to where I got that under control and was doing better. I started to surge ahead in FFAs, and started to do okay in 1 on 1s. Then I came here to Smash boards under advisement from the best Pika player at the forums where I mod. So exploring around and practicing made it even better. I have played IRL and Zeph from the forums here. I played Washy in the tourney. So I have worked to develop my PT and I even recently beat one of my most hated characters, Zelda and with Pokemon Trainer.

I was glad I came back a 3rd time and held on to make the best of it.

If Smash 4 ever comes, I hope PT and the 3 pokes Squirtle, Ivy and Charizard are in it.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Pokémon fan and one of the rare people that likes Ivysaur the most of all playable Pokémon.... And his Bullet Seed is awsome too, finally that move is usable.
Also playing 3 completely different characters in one battle is fun.

Top Bottom