• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people use mii’s?

Dempsey935

Smash Rookie
In a game where every character is here pretty much, why are people using mii’s? Other than the fact that the swordfighter and brawler can just cheese the entire match.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone plays the Miis because the fact that they're Miis. But they have unique movesets. People might like the Mii's movesets over others', so that's why they play them.

Dempsey935

Smash Rookie
I don't think anyone plays the Miis because the fact that they're Miis. But they have unique movesets. People might like the Mii's movesets over others', so that's why they play them.
Thats what i was thinking, that or just the customization like skins, etc. its just weird seeing mii’s every once in awhile.

Zuppo

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3593-0420-8915
For Isaac’s mii costume, no other reason

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I love playing as them cause they're fun.

They just feel good to play.

Plus, I like Miis in general.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
a customizable character whose appearance has options like yiga ninja, issac, viridi, skullkid and rex? Future chances for even better costumes are also on the horizon? They're not terrible fighters and can be pretty good in competent hands, have customizable moves to cater to a players own preferences??? The better question is why more people don't use the Miis?
The obvious answer is because there are more "inspired" characters to utilize and play but honestly why do you care?
People should be allowed to play any character they please.
It doesn't effect you but it's fine to be curious about their appeal I suppose.

I'm sure you're just wondering why people would use them so it's innocent enough.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Because I want Dragon Ball characters in smash. I'm not going to miss out on the opportunity to bring out Vegeta in SSG form to stop Galeem.

osby

Smash Obsessed
They are fun. I can dress them up and it can lead to entertaining fights. Not to mention they are the only fighters with custom moves now and Mii Gunner is pretty unique.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
What outfit do you wear (besides the hat obviously) to most closely match Waluigi as a mii? Thinking of making a Waluigi mii fighter.
Biker or Businessman, not that much choice:(. Sadly the only plumber costume cant be Purple.

But dont worry, these costumes looks great on Waluigi Mii.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Biker or Businessman, not that much choice:(. Sadly the only plumber costume cant be Purple.

But dont worry, these costumes looks great on Waluigi Mii.
What about the default appearance? I could see that being ok. I’ll check it out next time I play. Thanks for the advice!

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
Just to trigger my friends cause they feel that losing to a mii is a big juicy disrespect.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I personally like playing as myself in games that feature Miis. It gives it kind of a personal touch, and makes my experience different from anyone else’s.

I’ve had this guy for over a decade, ever since I got an original Wii (with minor adjustments,) you know. He’s had just as persistent of a presence in my gaming life as a lot of popular characters.

(Admittedly, another part of it is just the fact that not a lot of people do that from what I’ve seen in places like this and live-streams, IDK how often people do it overall.)

Last edited:

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
I like miis because I like role-playing and machinma. I'm bad at the game proper but I like using the characters as virtual action figures for my own imagination.

Oddball

Smash Lord
How else are you going to have your Robert Downey Jr vs Arnold Swartzneager fights?

D

Deleted member

Only way to play as comic book or movie characters in Smash.

Also for the costumes.

Top Bottom