• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people like paying for online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What makes you think people enjoy paying for a subpar service that was previously available for free?

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Tito has a point, we don't really have a choice. People paint Nintendo as this counter balance to the villainy of Tripe A predatory practices. But with this club fee we have to pay, it makes Nintendo look no better than any other gaming corporation

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
once again..have you ever considered that people play more the just smash online? we all know it by now..Smash online is **** and need alot of improvement,
but Splatoon 2 and other games who do well enough online are fun to play!
it's like..if you hate nintendo so much..then move on to xbox or playstation...

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Surprisingly enough, keeping online service for games active, requires Nintendo be able to pay online server maintanence fees and taxes in all regions where the game is sold.
You should be lucky they're not charging as much as Hulu (with commercials)
Legally speaking, they can't ban most cheaters unless they charge money. And Nintendo gets sued, alot, and 80% of the time it's not Nintendo's fault. The Joycon Drift awsuit has legitimate concern, however I'm certain actual Nintendo Switch customers won't see a single penny of it.
But I do think early access to Amiibo and N64 classic and Gameboy Classic would be nice.

Now that Disney is pulling shows from Hulu, Switch Online seems like a better deal, especially if you have 2 or more irl friends. However Nintendo needs to quit lying to themselves that an online cloud is helping, make a 70GB model Switch I don't care if battery life is just slightly above XAW models.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom