• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why dnt......

boss8

Smash Hero
why dnt u guys jus SDI everything at low %'s? and nair out of it and start your own combo?

wrks so good!!!!!!!

it even saves your life sometimes....

simple things such as...

-diddy Fsmash
-olimars uair
-mk's fair/bair
-ikes jab combo
-pikachu's Dsmash
-lucas nair/dair
-lucario dair
-marths dancing blade? maybe?
-snake Ftilt
-falco jabs

i've SDI'ed through most of these and started my own combos...jus knwing which way to DI is the issue..

makoforce

Smash Ace
yea and up b punish EVERYTHING. After taking like a 1 year i hiatus from brawl i played a couple days ago and gt more up b than ever. Up-B is probably the best punish on the game. And if you run up and they sheild just wait and then up b

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Oh well it sounds easy
Turns out that i don't know how to SDI and i would like a video tutorial >.<
And please, help me, i dream to be like Boss, Jbandrew, Yoshq...
Make a luigi happy

Luigisama

Smash Champion
why dnt u guys jus SDI everything at low %'s? and nair out of it and start your own combo?

wrks so good!!!!!!!

it even saves your life sometimes....

simple things such as...

-diddy Fsmash
-olimars uair
-mk's fair/bair
-ikes jab combo
-pikachu's Dsmash
-lucas nair/dair
-lucario dair
-snake Ftilt
-falco jabs

i've SDI'ed through most of these and started my own combos...jus knwing which way to DI is the issue..
I've have done SDI to all of these moves and I always end up not knowing what to do. lol hmm I'll try this.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Wow wait you can sdi ike's jab? That's insane! It covers ike 99% against luigi!

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Is like tap? you just tap a direction when something hits you? like ordinary DI?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I just happen to pull off a SDI on Yoshi's jab and got an aerial up b today. I saved the replay to. I'll try to get it uploaded.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
SDI'ed ike's jab, and got a sourspotted nair to two up tilts.

This **** work, sdi is awesome...
But it didn't work to go up and down, so i tried to go to the direction i wanted to sdi, and that worked, that's why it got easy :D

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
-diddy Fsmash - SDI behind him -> jab to grab

-olimars uair - Sdi to the sides -> fair

-mk's fair/bair -> Bair is probably easier, so SDi to the direction where the attack points.

-ikes jab combo -> one of the easiest SDI, behind him.

-pikachu's Dsmash -> omg i did that already 2 years ago, and I didn't know what sdi was. Its a simpel human reaction.

-lucas nair/dair -> Dair is rather difficult. but nair better to should it and jabs back afterwards.

-lucario dair -> yeah great, buy me some new controllers because lucario just use this -.- but shield is easier too

-marths dancing blade? maybe? Yep. I think, it's the most difficult one, but really awesome. pointing hitdirection sdi or best is footstool (oh yeah) and same time nair. Marth gets touched you are in outrange because of the footstool.

-snake Ftilt --> jabs too. Ftilt just go behind.

-falco jabs -> yeah Sdi in him -> UpB guaranteed.

hum.. Maybe you should try to come in the top 25 again.
would be nice to see few luigis there.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Oh well with marth you can escape the 4th hit with sdi, that is fundamental.
but i don't think you could punish that from behind....
charge a dsmash, he may roll behind you.

boss8

Smash Hero
lol i may be going and teaming with biglou....

double weegee.....

idk i jus wanna have fun....plus MK is being banned which makes me wanna comeback and take my MK rage out on every other character xD

Luigisama

Smash Champion
lol i may be going and teaming with biglou....

double weegee.....

idk i jus wanna have fun....plus MK is being banned which makes me wanna comeback and take my MK rage out on every other character xD
no you're still not coming.... I WON'T LET YOU!!! I'LL BUILD A FORT OF LUIGI PLUSHIES AND STOP YOU!! lol

yoshq

Smash Master
you're my prison *****... my prison *****.... you're not like the other men
i'm glad we share a prison cell, when lights go out at 10
i can't escape the way i feel, now that would be a crime.
as long as i am doing you, i don't mind doing time.

and boss you better.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
you're my prison *****... my prison *****.... you're not like the other men
i'm glad we share a prison cell, when lights go out at 10
i can't escape the way i feel, now that would be a crime.
as long as i am doing you, i don't mind doing time.

and boss you better.
poetry analysis
Rhyme
meter
internal rhyme
and some other stuff

holyv

Smash Journeyman
-marths dancing blade? maybe? Yep. I think, it's the most difficult one, but really awesome. pointing hitdirection sdi or best is footstool (oh yeah) and same time nair. Marth gets touched you are in outrange because of the footstool.
It's hard because it has almost no hitlag, but when he does the rapid hit stuff, it may get easier. if you DI into him, give him a sweetspot nair

------------------------

Wait, so boss is actually back to luigi? THAT'S INSANE? CAN YOU SAY MY NICKNAME ON THE COMMENTARY?

yoshq

Smash Master
wait what? how do you di marth's dancing blade if he does the forward one... i thought all you can do is mash away and escape the last hit barely/

holyv

Smash Journeyman
wait what? how do you di marth's dancing blade if he does the forward one... i thought all you can do is mash away and escape the last hit barely/
I guess you don't, that **** has no hitlag at all >.< the solution would be **** DI upward-left. So you don't get killed early

One of the reasons why marth kicks butt against luigi: Dancing blade.

Blame sakurai for removing wavedash, dsmash would have worked soo good against marf

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Everything Marth has ***** luigi lol

To DI dancing blade, I'm pretty sue you DI towards him and upwards and mash nair or upair. You should hit him before the last hit.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXZ4IINYJL4&feature=youtu.be

:stick7::cstick4:
^ this what I did. I held the grey stick and tapped the cstick to get through marth's dancing blade or at least that version. I know it isn't Luigi, but it's a start.
I know its possible to SDI the other one where Marth does red slashes. You know you SDI it when you stay in place and he goes past you.

yoshq

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXZ4IINYJL4&feature=youtu.be

:stick7::cstick4:
^ this what I did. I held the grey stick and tapped the cstick to get through marth's dancing blade or at least that version. I know it isn't Luigi, but it's a start.
I know its possible to SDI the other one where Marth does red slashes. You know you SDI it when you stay in place and he goes past you.
it's easy to di the down pointed dancing blade... what would be interesting is how to di the forward.

Luigisama

Smash Champion

-Cross-

Smash Ace
SDI'ing behind him is slightly unrealistic. The standard way to SDI is directly up, because then the second hit will completely whiff. In Marth dittos, this lets you upB the opponent before the third hit comes out, so I guess Luigi's nair will come out quickly enough? This will stop working once Marth's starting doing the up version for the second hit, but Marth's are lazy/haven't figured this out for some reason, so this will continue to work.

Top Bottom