• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your smasher name?

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
Why did you choose to make your smasher name yours? For example, I chose my smasher name because it is my initials etc.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Your avatar creeps me out.

Anyways, this has been my username for a while now. It's just the name of my dog.
Creative, I know.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Comes from an old Halo 2 clan....

What's creepy in that?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
By smasher name do you mean SWF username or what you use in tourney? w/e, I'll answer both

SWF name = favorite book character's title

Tourney Name = HaWt**** because Snake in leopard print = hot ****

ShadowNovan

Smash Cadet
My name I use while playing Brawl, is an anagram of my real name with an X added in. "Haxes". Like they do in Kingdom Hearts 2.

For Melee I just use Hax, since you can only use four letters :3.

I use Haxes as my online name now as well, I just can't change it on smashboards because well I don't know how. :X

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The first part of my nickname - Spade - has a special meaning. I have some kind of history with the cards symbol of the Spade. It always appeared someway in my life.
That's the main reason I took it as a nickname.

The "fox" is there because I play in SSB64 and SSBM best with Fox. And I like foxes.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Wow I didn't know that lol. So what is Roxas' real name?

Mith comes from my Warcraft name Mithrilshot (stolen from a warcraft tcg card lol.). Everybody called me Mith so it stuck with everything. The x iis at the end because....well Mith was either taken or not long enough.

Edit: just googled it. its Sora with an X added. dang I wish I played KH2 =[

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
SmashBro99 was just used cuz Blitz was taken.

I use Blitz for everything online, so.

Gwonam_guy

Smash Rookie
all the names i wanted were taken, and the first thread i read on smashboards was what if gwonam was in brawl, guy was just there because alliteration instantly makes it catchy and thus awesome

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Pens=Pittsburgh Penguins, my favorite hockey team
fan=i'm a fan of them redundancy
728= my birthday

urdailywater

Smash Hero
H20 or Water -- both come from this.

I'm your daily water and refuse to go by any other name.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Sothe (pronounced So-th) came from the name of a character in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. That guy saved me so many times from my death it wasn't even funny. That and I liked the name so I just took it in stride.

The 700k part comes from when I was talking about Guitar Hero 2. I accidentally said, "When I first beat Six, my score was 700k." (meant to say 70k) so everyone says, "wtf? 700k?". I didn't even realize it until everyone was laughing. -_-

So I just took two and two, put em together and there we go. Though I think it will be easier for TOs to just call me 700k, no one gets the Sothe part right lol

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
I use .CMW./-CMW-/)CMW(/ ^CMW^ (you get the picture) because CMW is my initials.

I use MLKJ when I use black colored DK. (Martin Luther Kong Jr.)

.CMW.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It's a long story involving English when I was in school.
And it's not an interesting story :laugh:.

J0™

Smash Apprentice
"Jottem" is Dutch for a very cheesy way of saying something like "oh joy!"
I used to say it a lot in a sarcastic way when I was around 14-16 years old.
"J0ttem" then became my official internet-name : P

I changed it to "J0™" so it would fit in a Smash Bros. name-tag (and for general awesomeness : O)

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
If you understand where my name's from, then you are instantly cool, and shouldn't have to highlight the following:

One of the main villains in the first Golden Sun.

Roihu

Smash Ace
When I made this name, I was a giant Pogeymanz fan.
Blaziken was and still is my favorite Pokemon.
I searched Wiktionary for Blaze to see if it sounds cool in any other language.
Finnish, I think was the language I chose.
Whatever language it was, I found Roihu.
Roihu=Win.
So I stuck with it.
Plus, no one actually chooses this name, and it doesn't have any numbers, it's simple to pronounce if you ever want to rant out loud at me (Roy-who), and it's one word.
And it actually sounds like a name. Sorta.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I chose my name because it's one of my nicknames...
I was also afraid if I named myself after a character in the game I used when I first made my account, I would switch mains and it would make no sense.

Like, If I named myself ShiekFTW and changed my main to DK...

5ive

Smash Champion
5ive is my general name.

I watch and play a lot of Basketball, and I remember watching an Adidas commercial with the moto,
"It takes 5ive"

I was very inspiring as it is very true in Basketball, and the commercial also contained many of the worlds best :D.

I also use the name Adobo or Adobo Grease.
I am Filipino, and Adobo is one of my Favorite foods :p

Love, peace and adobo grease

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Actually i've always used "Tornadith" in everything I do, VG related. Every game I make or play...etc...I use the name. It came from when I was younger and I played a game with my friends in which we imagined that we each had the power over a different element and we had alternate names to use for the characters. I had the element of wind + lightning and so Tornadith became my name for that game and Tornadith comes from "Tornado". Not that creative, huh?
In brawl, I just use the name "Torn" as an abbreviation.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
SWF name: My friends name is Christina Rukki, shes sexy, so is my username.
Tag: My last name is Herbert, in my schoo since 8th grade people called me HerbZ

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Oh please tell! ;)
We were doing some thing in English with a police officer interrogating a suspect or something, and I was the suspect. my name was Jim Bob, but I changed it to Jimnymebob McGee. I liked the name, so it stuck:).

I told you it wasn't interesting:laugh:.

Raiken

Smash Cadet
Mine originated from Metal Gear Solid 2. Liked the name Raiden, so i decided to slightly change it : /

Later on i found out what the name meant in another language, which is kind of weird since the definition fits my playstyle across numerous games.

justaway12

Smash Master
there's an anime called gintama which has toy bomb's called justaway's i normally don't copy things of anime but that just seems like the perfect username and i use 12 because the first time i joined something a username needed numbers or justaway was taken anyway the first 2 numbers that came to my mind was 1 & 2 and then i got used to 12 so now i use it for everything

Top Bottom