• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your name?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Well the Lemon Man part comes from a story I'm in the process of writing with 7 friends. Its about 4 Heroes and 4 Villains, and my character that I write for is Lemon Man who is the 2nd in command villain. So now I generally use that in my screen names on forums while I continue writing the stories, they are almost finished.

And as for the 'X'... its really just there to make it sound cool (like that Futurama joke about extortion being a cooler word than black mail because the 'X' makes it sound cooler according to Bender lol)

HaPPyTheCoW

Smash Apprentice
i play a game called harvest moon and i always name one of my cows Happy. i have like 7 different versions of that game for gba, ds, gcn, etc. i started playing when i was in 4th grade or so and cows became my favorite animal. i want a cow as a pet someday, that would be so cool. i originally had thehappycow as my screennames, but since real cow arent happy and are tortured everyday in factory farms, it made me feel ignorant so i changed it to a cow named happy, hence, happythecow. i also like how the screenname also doesnt indicate right away whether its used by a girl or a boy. and i wanted a screenname i wouldnt get tired of or embarrassed about.

Noodlesis

Smash Rookie
Noodlesis, because it was supposed to be Noodlesareyummy (As they truly are), but got shortened to Noodlesisyummy for a forum a long while back, and then Noodlesis because most games wouldn't let me put in noodlesisyummy as it was too long.

What? I like my noodles! Can't a man like his noodles to an almost intimate level?

And a falcon made out of diamond would most likely drill into the ground until it lost speed.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Zeee because ( Zee ) got banned lol
and Zee because thats my artist name ( :O I draw n stuff in coledge)

I'm sure people have nick names and junk for what ever they do that involves interacting with people. :O my first name was DarkKirby lol...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Well I picked mine for a lot of reasons...

My main is Game & Watch, who is old, slow, and laggy. 56K is mostly a pun of that. Also, I'm quite a computer nerd so I had to choose it. Also, when I started out my style was to play really slow. I was mostly stand back and do nothing. I'm quite the opposite now. I need to partner with someone named DSL >_>

Other names I could've used were also math and physics puns, like F=MA, 0!=1, DYDX, and MX+B

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Acually I don't really know why I picked my name. It is my name on the swedish CN community so I took it here. ("CN" is for "Club Nintendo")

Aeramis

Smash Ace
My full name is AeramisWolfLord.
A.K.A. Aeramis
Smash Name: Eraz (Era*z or E*raz both work on how it sounds when you say it)
Reason: I like the name, huge Link fan and it fits him well. Also I don't think I have ever seen anyone ever use anything like this before so I trademark it ;)

Majora Zach

Smash Cadet
I used to play RuneScape and I was a big humongous fan of The Legend of Zelda at the same time. I really liked Majora's mask, so I made Majora Zach. Of course, I didn't play RuneScape for too long, but the name lives on.

I think I still remember my RuneScape name's password. >_> I'll have to check.

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
Well...

My first (only) character in WoW is named Skyfire. However, everyone just called me Sky. Since I've started signing up to other things on the internet, I've started using the name 'Sky'. But Sky was taken here. So I added the numbers from my address onto the end, and we have 'Sky2042'.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
*Writes down 2024 part of address and lives in Oregon*

Got it. Now I just have to cancel all other addresses without those numbers and I will be one step closer.

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
*Writes down 2024 part of address and lives in Oregon*

Got it. Now I just have to cancel all other addresses without those numbers and I will be one step closer.
/efraid :laugh:

And to Walker, I suspect it's because it's so much easier to abbreviate it then to say the whole 3 syllables. :p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Choknat is the name of a dog my family once owned when we lived in the Philippines when I was a baby.

My dad was in the US Air Force, stationed at Clark Air Base in the Philippines, where I was born. We transfered to Vandenberg Air Force Base here in California, leaving our dog behind with the housekeeper/caretaker. We made a home video which we watch every now and then, and my parents always said, "Say Hi to Tito Jun, Tita My, Tito Howell, and Choknat!!" In hopes, of course, that we would one day show the video to our loved ones in the Philippines.

It was a memorable and sentimental home video and has been since I was a child. The name "Choknat" stuck, and in 5th grade I created the AOL account Choknat57. Our AOL accounts were constantly renewed for free for a year or so (those were the days... I discovered pr0n at an early age lol) but eventually we lost our AOL access and went on to buy Comcast Cable.

The AOL account was terminated, so I created the AIM screen name "bloteshame" which still exists as my myspace, xanga, and deviantart accounts, none of which I still use frequently. (The story behind "bloteshame" is much longer than that of "choknater.") Some fool had changed the password to bloteshame, so the account was gone for good and I created bloteshame1, which lasted until about my junior year in High School.

A senior now, and a much more experienced smasher, I thought I'd adopt my well-known smash tag instead of bloteshame1 as my AIM sn. When I tried to create the sn, I saw that it was already taken. There was no way! I must've made it at one point but forgot that it existed. Turns out I made the account five years ago before bloteshame. When I got back on it, the password and buddy list were still intact with all my 8th grade buddies. A few of them still kept their old sn's as well.

A bit of nostalgia tied to my name, plus it sounds unique.

Pronounced popularly by smashers in norcal as "choke-nader" or "chock-nader."

Random trivia: I once went to a tournament in New York while on a vacation and I played against someone named samusexplorer. One of the members of DA was making fun of the names and writing the updated brackets on a paper plate, and my matchup was written as "c0cknat3r vs samuSEX" I beat him, then lost to DA Dav3.

Ryuker Reo

Smash Apprentice
Ryuker Reo has always been my name in messege boards, online games, etc. It's also the name of the main character of a small book I'm writing.

Arian_Kylos

Smash Cadet
Why "Arian Kylos?"

I wanted something that was fantasy sounding, but yet matched my actual name's initials, besides that, I prefer it over my shorter more "Human Bar code-y" former screen name AK88.

the 88 is modeled after 1988, my birth year. :)

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
Void has always been a name that stuck with me my whole life.........and the master was a given....avoid da master

Top Bottom