• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your main(s)?

Why did you choose your main(s)?

• Total voters

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
:4sonic:- ive always loved sonic more than mario growing up i told myself i was gonna main him if he was good or not lucky for me hes really good XD

:4jigglypuff:- i love pokemon and love the fact that this pretty pink balloon can beat up :4bowser: oh and that rest though!!! :love:

:4peach:- i love her style and the turnips and seems to get stitchfaces/bombs/mr. saturn more than normal so i just been rollin with it :p

nubilepoopile

Smash Cadet
My favorite Nintendo character is Yoshi, but any time I play against him I just get frustrated at his stupid priority and frame data so I moved onto my second favorite, DK. Much harder to get wins, but that Fair into the abyss just feels soooo good.

Matus

Smash Rookie
mario every game all day erryday. Though if the ice climbers were in this game i'd probably pick them up as my main since i practiced them a lot in melee prior to picking up smash 4

Emerlad_Element

Smash Cadet
NNID
EmeraldElementLP
3DS FC
2767-1123-2046
:4samus: - Started playing as Samus after my first Metroid game and decided that she would be my main as I love her playstyle and the Metroid series

:4kirby:- Previous main from Melee and Brawl. I play Kirby for basically the same reasons I play Samus.

:4ness:- Too much fun not to play and also helped me get into competitive despite the fact that I no longer main/secondary him.

:4robinm:- Favorite character from FE Awakening and also very fun to play

:3

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
:4feroy: - Picked him up in Melee, haven't turned back since. While I'm not a big fan of his playstyle compared to Marth's, he works, oddly.
:4myfriends: - I just like Ike, to be honest. Been using him online since Smash 3DS Day 1, too. He's become one of my mains since
:4littlemac: - Little Mac's playstyle fits me. A fast and powerful character that can rack up damage and has no trouble getting kills.
:4ness: - I've used Ness since when I was young. My friends always didn't like fighting my Ness, so sometimes I used him for salt reasons. Eventually, I grew to like him. It helps that I've become a big fan of EarthBound in recent years, too.

ccdove

Smash Cadet
NNID
ccdove
3DS FC
1006-0292-9465
:4kirby: Because of my nickname in school, Since I always played with Kirby I decided to pick him up
:4lucina: :4myfriends::4robinm::4feroy::4marth: I love the fire emblem series, Each character has there strength and weakness. I took my time to learn each.
:4sheik: Learn some new tricks
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: I like to switch up my play style from aggressive to Trolling, These characters are that.

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
In Sm4sh 3DS I started out with Pikachu and ZZS because they're my mains from when I was a kid. Now I'm focusing more on Roy and Lucas because nostalgia. I used to main Lucas in Brawl and having Roy back (and actually decent) is amazing. I also really like Villager too because I love AC.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I mained Little Mac when I first got the game but when my group of friends and I started preparing for our first tournament it became increasingly obvious that Little Mac wasn't competitively viable.

My friend was a Pit main in Brawl and I remembered how good I thought he was, and even though his recovery was nerfed from Brawl (if you can even call it that LOL), I saw the Upperdash arm every now and then and incorrectly thought it was one of the best attacks in the game.

Picked up Pit and he actually fit my playstyle very well--better than any other character, fit like a glove--even though I began to feel like the Upperdash Arm was a terrible move. Started dabbling around with Dark Pit because my friend would still use Pit every now and then and it would make for some awesome Dark Pit v. Pit battles. Played with Pit/Dark Pit for a month and a half straight to train them up for the tournament. From there, I think Dark Pit's badassery plus the Electroarm being way cooler than the Upperdash Arm lead to him being my main. I think the final nail in the coffin was that Dark Pit's taunts were way more awesome than Pit.

Dark Pit became my official main after I placed 25th of 61 in my first ever tournament. Not great, but I guess I could've finished much worse. Coolest character in the game and I went a couple of months without using regular Pit much at all, if any. I've been using Pit a bit more lately as I'm starting to rely on FTilt a lot more than I used to. I'm probably just going to end up maining both equally in the future.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
:4olimar: - Pikmin is my Favorite Nintendo series and its lore is just beautifully intriguing... aw hell, everything about pikmin is beautiful and well, ever since I found out about Olimar Being playable in Brawl, I lost my **** with happiness and I just knew that I had to main him. Also, camping with pikmin toss and grabbing is hilarious.

:4duckhunt: - Because Banjo is never happening. And I love to be a ****. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

aidspup

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aidspup
3DS FC
0688-5524-0749
when using kirby i almost never have to worry about recovery as long as i keep track of how manny jumps i use, also kirby is realy good in arial combat, his crouch blocks all 4 of ryu's specials, and the one thing i fear when using kirby is any ranged fighter (Link, Mega Man, Samus) because the only way i can deal with that is by spamming kirby's up special since it is the only move kirby has (other than copy abilities) that has good range.

For me its a balance of everything. I am not going to play a character I like from a series if they are not equally going to have a fun move set to play with. However, I tend to value effectiveness over flashiness. At the same time I do put some amount of stock into appearance.

Unfortunately, there is not really any character in S4 that fits all the traits that I like. Smash64 it was Kirby/Link. Melee it seems to be Marth/Falco/Sheik. In Brawl it was Falco/Snake. With Smash4 there is really no character that screams I enjoy them the most. The closest one though is Sheik.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
:4olimar: - Pikmin is my Favorite Nintendo series and its lore is just beautifully intriguing... aw hell, everything about pikmin is beautiful and well, ever since I found out about Olimar Being playable in Brawl, I lost my **** with happiness and I just knew that I had to main him. Also, camping with pikmin toss and grabbing is hilarious.
Ha. Pretty much the same. Pikmin is my favorite Nintendo franchise. Olimar's playstyle actually incorporates pikmin mechanics pretty well too. It's like playing a mix between Pikmin and Smash Bros.

Also, with shields being sooo good in this game and neutral being so important, I'm happy to have a character where playing the neutral is enjoyable. Whether running around and pivot smashing/grabbing or just tossing pikmin, his neutral game is fun.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
:4falcon: I always enjoyed Captain Falcon since I started playing Brawl because his hilariously flamboyant personality. I would almost never win with him but I would still try. When Smash 3DS came along I would play as Captain Falcon all day because he was actually good this time.
:4jigglypuff: In Brawl I secretly practiced as Jigglypuff for multiple hours at a time so I could humiliate my brother and cousin because they just thought that it was a joke character that didn't really stand much of a chance against the rest of the cast. When Smash Wii U came out I started playing more Jigglypuff than Falcon.
:4ness: I decided that I might take a try at competitive Smash after a few months of playing Smash 4, so I checked out a few matches and saw NAKAT play as Ness a few times and I tried emulating his play style and he just came naturally to me. He is probably the character I'm best at, but I get too many For Glory wins and I win too much against my brother with him that I play as him only if I don't win with Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon because it is too easy and just isn't as much fun.

Last edited:

SusiMeansWolf

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-2011-9956
:4lucario: :4charizard: I picked up Lucario at first because I figured he'd be cool to fight with. I fell in love with his Aura effect as it felt safe to me. I was hyped for Charizard too, but he didn't feel as good to play with at first. I still stuck with him and learned him, and now with the recent buffs he's an absolute monster in my hands.

:4kirby::4falco: Later on I tried out Kirby and Flaco, and they felt right for me. I could do some amazing things with Kirby, and that kept me going. As with Charizard, I didn't like Falco at first. Recently though, I played a few matches with him just for fun and he seemed to fit my current play style, so I kept learning him.

:love: :4feroy: ...As soon as I saw Roy's trailer... I don't know, I kinda have this thing for fire, so I said to my friend "I secretly want to main Roy" because I knew he wasn't as hyped as say, Ryu was. And he turned out to be top tier. I'm actually somewhat sad it happened. Now everyone must think I picked him up 'cause he turned out to be good... But I love the character as a whole, I love how he plays, how fast he is, the combos, the fire... Everything.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
:4jigglypuff: I play Jigglypuff in everything out of character loyalty. She has a very fun and unique playstyle that makes it hard to resist playing her, even in game's where she's not so viable.
:4fox: Funny story with Fox, I originally started out playing Mii Brawler and I found his moveset very fun. After a while, I realized he has several similarities to Fox in his moveset, so I started playing Fox to see if I'd like him too, and I did. I eventually ended up dropping Brawler altogether and stuck to maining Fox.
:4feroy: I loved Roy's moveset in PM, so of course I'm gonna play Roy in 4.

KawKa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kimochi
I like being a hipster and playing well unpopular or what I thought was cool looking characters at the time.

:4pikachu: I like to combo.
:4link: He's cool I like swords and ****.
:4lucas:Has a snake I liked snake in brawl and his down smash is swag bla bla blah.
:007: squirtle squad

:4dk:Monkey with a tie
:4luigi: Used to play him alot since 64 days but now every1 uses him because he's so good and easy to play. So I got sick of him sadly.

Last edited:

komaul

Smash Rookie
I'm in this awkward place where I just can't commit to any character as of yet. I've play :4ganondorf: for years but wanted to try something new out come Sm4sh. With more time on my hands I wanted to get more into the competitive side of smash. Tryed playing :4falcon: but long story short it's just going to fly. I'm not great at being aggressive, err at least with the Cap'n.

Any thoughts/recommendations? In other games I've always liked tactics and putting people in situations that throw off their gameplan. The only characters I just can't get into for the life of me are :rosalina::4zelda::4pacman::4mario::4ness::4greninja::4lucas::4gaw:and :4sheik:. Outside of those I'm pretty open to trying out most of the cast.

Jotunn

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-5646-3684
:wolf: - I was inspired to main him in Brawl predominantly due to Izaw's gameplay. This character is pretty the only other reason I'd play Brawl every now and then.

:4myfriends: - Wolf was absent from Sm4sh, and the reason I play Ike is because I love his jab combo. Soon it also extended to the fact that I like the sword's hit effects. He fits my play style, however playing Ike in Brawl is a pain in the ass. His Project M counterpart is godlike. Although I like his "one-hit-that-counts" type in Sm4sh better.

:4kirby: - The first video game character I obsessed over, and my main pick in smash before I even played competitively. He is also the 1st character I've observed in competitive Melee with genuine interest. However I like how much more viable he is in PM and Sm4sh. He's also pretty cute.

I play others, but these 3 define more of my outlook on Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Psyf3rn

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheTeoSaur29
I main Pikachu (and use either the choice band or goggle skins) in Smash 4 because I just love the way he plays. He's fast, gets a lot out of throws and has a really cool combo game. His Up-B is what I consider one of the best moves in the game as it acts as a great recovery move and also good on stage, pretty much guaranteeing him winning the neutral game. He also has cool tricks, like B-Reversing the Thunder Jolt to catch people by surprise when they think you are running away. It allows him to punish whatever your opponent does. For example, if they shield the attack you could just run up and grab them which lets Pikachu combo them. He is fast, powerful and overall really fun to use. I might be using him because he's good, but that's just what makes him so fun to use. It also helps that I love Pokemon.

Psyf3rn

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheTeoSaur29
I'm in this awkward place where I just can't commit to any character as of yet. I've play :4ganondorf: for years but wanted to try something new out come Sm4sh. With more time on my hands I wanted to get more into the competitive side of smash. Tryed playing :4falcon: but long story short it's just going to fly. I'm not great at being aggressive, err at least with the Cap'n.

Any thoughts/recommendations? In other games I've always liked tactics and putting people in situations that throw off their gameplan. The only characters I just can't get into for the life of me are :rosalina::4zelda::4pacman::4mario::4ness::4greninja::4lucas::4gaw:and :4sheik:. Outside of those I'm pretty open to trying out most of the cast.
If you have the DLC, try Roy. He's strong, fast and not hard to use like Pikachu or Ness. He's a very balanced character with good combos. Since you like tactics, try Link or Duck Hunt. Both characters rely on projectiles and out spacing your opponent. For example, link can pull out a bomb and throw it upward, which causes your opponent to try to stay away from the area where the bomb is going to fall. Duck Hunt has explosive cans which you could put on the ground. Similar to Link, this causes your opponent to try to stay away from the can. You could trick your opponent into moving into a certain spot and then punish them. So... yeah. Those are my recommendations.

AbirdZero

Smash Rookie
NNID
AbirdZero
I chose my mains because I like them.
Roy - I used to main Math & Ike, but then I got both in one character, so I had to use him
Dark Pit - I chose Dark Pit over Pit because he just looks cooler
Lucas - I liked how his moves functioned differently than Ness', I didn't really like how Ness' PK Thunder was. I also liked having a Tether Recovery, because Mario's Cape is a troll.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I figured I'd make a quick poll on the subject because it's interesting to me. Personally, my two main mains, Dedede and Wario, are both characters that I enjoy from their source materials, namely the Kirby games and Warioland/ware. A couple of other characters that I use, like Dr. Mario, are purely because I like their playstyles, as I've never even played a Dr. Mario game.

What about you? You can pick multiple reasons if you want.
Another Dedede main! One of us!

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
The mains I have picked are:
:4lucario:He was my first main, I picked him up midway through Brawl when I first started really playing Smash, he has a good projectile, good recovery, a counter, and a side special that's great for zoning.
:4falco:I was pressured into playing Falco by a friend. Needless to say, his combos and legit taunts have kept him on my mains roster for years.
:4dedede:Picked him up a few months ago, and besides his powerful attacks, he's King Dedede! What's not to love?
:4zelda:Na na na na, can't touch me, na na na na... Teleporting, teleporting, teleporting! I LOVE her teleport, it's the key move to my Zelda strategy, and she's been a key main of mine since I picked her up two months ago.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
:4kirby::4falcon::4jigglypuff::4ness::4tlink::4ganondorf:
Kirby: I used to spam Stone when I played Brawl with Level-4 CPU's. Nowadays, his cute-but-powerful playstyle is what makes me main him. I also have a better bond with the character because of Kirby: Triple Deluxe.
Captain Falcon: I always loved his moveset on Brawl, and despite the bandwagon, I won't drop him.
Jigglypuff: I did like her on Brawl, but her moveset ("Her Up-B is to sing? What the heck, this character is too weird" I was too casual back then) made me keep distance. Then, I saw Hungrybox on EVO and "I have a little monster on my hands!". Too bad I didn't know she sucked in Brawl... Her buffs on Smash 4 made me keep playing as Puff. Also, my nickname IS Jigglypuff.
Ness: I won't drop him because of a band-wagon. Despite knowing the character since Brawl, I just became a Ness main now. His moveset is what made me like him, but I'm planning to play Earthbound.
Toon Link: I used to main Link, but I prefer Toon Link due to speed, recovery and The Wind Waker. His moveset is great. Ummm, how many bombs he has?! Germ and Aniki inspired me via this video. (I know Toon Link is based on Young Link)
Ganondorf: I actually used to HATE him... A carbon copy of Captain Falcon. Who likes this? Then, my mom chose him someday and began to main him. I started to like Ganondorf and saw he is not that bad (I still believe to this day that Ganon has some hidden potential in Brawl)... Now he is among my mains!

Last edited:

Zguh

Smash Rookie
:4jigglypuff: is everything I could ever hope for in a main. His walls are eternal, and his footsies are decent as well. Rest combos are easy peasy once I get the opportunity, so that in addition to punishes, and he gets a ton of shuteye.

:4metaknight: is someone I picked up when my friend told me that he was useless and could never win a match against high tier characters, so I play him religiously in order to go above and beyond the call of duty to prove him wrong.

:4mewtwo: I have no idea why I play mewtwo, but he's fun, and when you get the combos flowing, they last half an eternity.

D

Deleted member

I started playing Shulk because he was the one character I really wanted to get in. I've started using hyper arts after getting punished due to the length of the default ones.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4wario:: My main since Brawl. I love the Wario Land and WarioWare games as well as his playstyle. He's really fun to use and his chomp is incredibly useful for eating shields (something that I usually have a problem dealing with). Plus no one really plays as him so most people have trouble dealing with him. Definitely one of the more underrated characters.

:4mario:/:4drmario:/:4luigi:: I played these characters the most back in Melee because I loved the Mario series so much when I was younger. I stopped playing as them in Brawl because I focused more on maining other characters (and of course Doc was removed), but I picked them up again and I'm starting to get better with them.

:4ganondorf:: He's just a blast to play with. Every single hit I land with him just feels satisfying and overall he's very fun to use.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I wish that, just ****ing once, I could click that option on the bottom. Every ****ing game, Sakurai destroys or straight up removes my main and secondary (my secondaries in Melee and Brawl were Ganon and Wolf respectively).
Ganondorf wasn't destroyed when he went from :ganondorfmelee: to :ganondorf:. He destroyed you :troll:

Okay yeah he kind of was don't kill me

Anyway, I've used Game & Watch since Melee because I found it interesting how he was a two-dimensional character in a three-dimensional world. I use Villager because I like the Animal Crossing games and enjoy his interesting moveset with powerful aerials. ROB is a hold-over from Brawl and though he has changed I still think he's fun to use. Dedede was a surprise for me, Since I couldn't stand him in Brawl, but I really like his huge, disjointed range and potent edgeguarding. And finally Mewtwo is my favorite Pokémon character of the current reps and his moveset more or less clicks with me.

Last edited:

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
:4jigglypuff: is everything I could ever hope for in a main. His walls are eternal, and his footsies are decent as well. Rest combos are easy peasy once I get the opportunity, so that in addition to punishes, and he gets a ton of shuteye.
I like how you referred to Jigglypuff as a "he". I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't see Jigglypuff as a female (In my post I referred to it as "it")

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
It's interesting to when people refer to Jigglypuff as a 'he' because usually it's either referred to as an 'it' (how it's referred to in the games) or a 'she' (for possessing 'feminine' traits).

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
I'm a Samus fanboy. Thus, I'll be playing some form of Samus in every Smash. In this games's case, ZSS is my co-main.

ROB is just so cool, and whenI saw him in Brawl, I was determined to play him. Carried over to this game.

Greninja is just cool, plus fits my play style, and my ideal of a character that is sort of a jack-of-all-trades. Right now he my main.

For a good while I maimed Robin, but she only really fits one aspect of my mentality s. Player.... And some of her matchups were just.... EWW.

I've got a ton of pocket characters and I'm working on getting my Peach up to snuff as well. Pretty much any character I play in any FG is because of a combination of liking their design, their history, and their playstyle.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Red Robin reminded me of Red Mag, my all time favorite mage class from the Final Fantasy series. Her fitting the description of a Red Mage only solidified picking her up as a main.

pbjezgoud

Smash Cadet
NNID
PBJezGOUD
Love Punch Out, love Little mac. Love DKC, love DK.
As for Bowser, its a funny story. Me and my grandparents when shopping and I decided to check out the electronics section. While I was looking at the display, I saw the Gamecube and Melee. On the TV, I saw Bowser, and I immediately wanted this awesome new game and console. At the time, to me at least, Bowser was one of the coolest characters out there. I always picked him in Mario Kart and Tennis. And since then, I have been picking Bowser in Smash.
Did you ever choose him in Mario superstrikers??? He was awesome. That was probably one of the most underrated Mario Games of all time!

pbjezgoud

Smash Cadet
NNID
PBJezGOUD
Wolf was my main in Brawl because of his mechanics. He was powerful, had a slow cool-down period, a reflector, and a great blaster. In WiiU I have found myself enjoying Ness, Rosalina, and Falcon for their game play, while I love Roy for both his appearance and controls. I think Nintendo did an incredible job with Roy as an all-around solid player.
I miss Wolf...I know that DLC should be 'new' characters, but a small part of me wants him to return.

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
After playing about a hundred hours of :4marth: in patch 1.0.4, I got incredibly frustrated with his lack of follow ups, kill set ups and overall mobility. About 1/3 of my entire playtime was spent playing my friend's :4megaman: over wifi, and as we both got better, the matchup between his main and mine became increasingly frustrating. So I decided to pick up a new character, :4pikachu:.

Initially I was just playing pika for fun and against megaman, but in order to play pika with any sort of proficiency you need to master quick attack. So I went off to training mode. Then once I got that down I needed to get my combo game up, so that I can capitalize on his mobility more. More time in training mode. Then I needed to improve my neutral so that I can get combo starters more frequently. So there was more study.

Before I realized it my :4marth: was completely neglected and I was doing better with :4pikachu:than I ever had before. Play with Pika is so incredibly satisfying. No match-up is overwhelming for the yellow rodent and you know that the tools to win are always available to you. With Pika its as simple as if you out play your opponent consistently, you win. This makes losses way easier to stomach for me, cause when I lose it was because I was out-played and for no other reason. And though I think Pika is top 3 in the game, winning doesn't feel cheap or gimmicky (to me anyways), because every kill is from either a hard read, punish or gimp. You have to work for every win.

Lustful_Kaiser

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kaiserine
3DS FC
3282-3064-4273
The characters I play are mainly because they have room in my heart in my gaming life as a kid and even today I still love their franchise. Even though they haven't had a new game in a very long time in some of the franchise I love, I'll have memories and hope Nintendo have the time to make new games for them.

:4samus:/:4zss:- One of my first games I played as a kid back when I had the NES. I thought I was playing a Star Wars game and thought I was an orange stormtrooper. (I died alot of times and at the end after playing many times I found out that "stormtrooper" is a girl... good times).
:4link:- One of the bravest swordsmen I even played as a kid in the NES. I never beat it till like 5 years later and learn that his name is Link after playing the first Super Smash Bros game.

:4pikachu:- I always watched the show but never had the game till 3rd Generation of the Pokemon games and always was looking for Pikachu till I realized he was in the safari in Sapphire.

:4marth:- In Super Smash Bros Melee when I first saw him, I was curious what game he was from and saw he was only in japan. I wish I could had played the fire emblem games when I was a kid.

:4falco:- When I played Starfox, I always love the Arwing and since Falco perfers the air (just like me) I thought we had an awesome connection.

pbjezgoud

Smash Cadet
NNID
PBJezGOUD
After playing about a hundred hours of :4marth: in patch 1.0.4, I got incredibly frustrated with his lack of follow ups, kill set ups and overall mobility. About 1/3 of my entire playtime was spent playing my friend's :4megaman: over wifi, and as we both got better, the matchup between his main and mine became increasingly frustrating. So I decided to pick up a new character, :4pikachu:.

Initially I was just playing pika for fun and against megaman, but in order to play pika with any sort of proficiency you need to master quick attack. So I went off to training mode. Then once I got that down I needed to get my combo game up, so that I can capitalize on his mobility more. More time in training mode. Then I needed to improve my neutral so that I can get combo starters more frequently. So there was more study.

Before I realized it my :4marth: was completely neglected and I was doing better with :4pikachu:than I ever had before. Play with Pika is so incredibly satisfying. No match-up is overwhelming for the yellow rodent and you know that the tools to win are always available to you. With Pika its as simple as if you out play your opponent consistently, you win. This makes losses way easier to stomach for me, cause when I lose it was because I was out-played and for no other reason. And though I think Pika is top 3 in the game, winning doesn't feel cheap or gimmicky (to me anyways), because every kill is from either a hard read, punish or gimp. You have to work for every win.

:4pikachu: has a wonderful kill combo around 120% with most characters. Use his Uthrow/Dthrow + DB when near edge. The throw sends most characters into free fall, making it impossible to air dodge and sends the straight off screen. I love using :4pikachu:

Top Bottom