• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why did you choose that character as your character?

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
yeah.. this thread's name kinda says it all..
but I was used to play Samus first because she looked cool, but then I started to know that her moves were kinda not my type.
so I picked... Mario
and I've never let go of Mario ever since, so I practiced using him, I also played Dr.Mario a lot.. because he had an cool black suit..
but Mario is just so manual, and he smashes so manually, Ness smashes so weird with aiming and stuff, I'm not good at thinking fast and doing lots of moves at ones.. so Mario was the right character for me..
what about you?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Samus is my main because she comes the closest to the "perfect character" in my eyes. I can't really explain the "perfect character" either. I'm hoping there's someone that is considered teh perfect in Brawl.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

wordman

Smash Apprentice
Bcuz Doc owns people 4 no charge at all. Plus his medical background pays the bills.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
KIRBY

Seto Kaiba said:
"Screw the rules (tiers) I have money"
He's unique. He can fly. Being so low on the tier list, I actually have to try my best to win. I play as him because it's so hard to win with him. I would gradually get better and learn more, until I can win. When I win with a character like Kirby, how would I feel? Happy of course, because Kirby is Kirby. Kirby is also my favorite Nintendo Character which automatically bounces him to my number one favorite character to use regardless of tiers.

Hoshi Puri Say's A Quote

There are two types of ways when we play.
"Do we play to just play? Or do we play to win?"'

Think of this line, whenever I play. When I play with Kirby seriously, no jokes are made, and I am truly serious. I'll tell this other player I'm going to win. My hands magically double in speed, and then I ****!

Thanks to t!mMy xD

Marth

I picked him up ever since I was a B spamming noob. His Up-B was so cool. He's also from one of my favorite Nintendo Series. He's also a sword user. I always never liked Roy because everyone else I knew chose him. His HRC is quite cool too. Fast, Lithe, Ninjalike, and overall OWNAGE, I select him as a Tournament Main.

I'm still learning today about getting a better Marth.

And then later on, Ken xD

Luigi

Inspired by a former friend I do not or cannot see anymore. I'm keeping this personal.

And also Ppa0 xD

Mario

Eggz xD

Fox

Mew2King xD

HAKU

Smash Apprentice
I used to play Marth but I wasn't too good I wasn't much of the CG or the Mind game kinda guy so I turned to Falco I was doing well with him but recently got kinda bad so trying get my skill back up again

a-mar

Smash Cadet
i started the game as the most absoloutley ******** noob
and i neverliked nintendo that much either, it was lunch time at school and i went to the game area and saw some kids playing, so i hopped in, i just picked mew2 based on the ******** logic that he had to be the best since he was the strongist pokemon, i found that the only thing that i enjoyed was charging a shadow ball andseeing if i could hit someone!!!

then one day i picked up!!!!

samus

everything just clicked for me i found just enough speed & strength to match the way i play
and ever since then my progression in ssbm has been centered around my game w/ samus!!

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Pikachu in the original cause pokemon fad was huge.

In melee I got marth, not sure why but then I found out he was high tier.
Then I used Falcon cause hes got the punch and I realized how sexy he is.
Next I used DK cause hes so underated and hes got the donky punch.
I learned how to wobble and sorta picked up IC's
Then I went even lower tier and picked up Bowser cause boozer cute!
2 days ago I tried shiek cause I guess shes good or something :p
And just yesterday I picked up Peach cause my friend was smokin me with her DSmash so I decided to show him up with his own character and found peach to be a BA.

I used to only play Marth for the longest time. Now I don't play him as much cause It wasn't fair to my noob friends so I started learning more characters.

pdk

Smash Lord
because he's dressed to impress and clearly shaves about as often as i do:

SpeedyHawk

Smash Cadet
Hm. Started with Fox, b/c I pawned with him in 64. Tried Falco, liked him, played with him for a while. Started playing him less, but kept him as my main b/c my official comp-name is "Harrierfalcon". (Wouldn't fit XD). Borrowed Metroid Prime from a friend, became addicted to Metroid, switched to Samus, and was way more natural than anyone else.

I also play a slew of other characters, but my other favorites are Falco, Fox, Ganon, Luigi, Link/Y. Link, Zelda, and Yoshi.

dark-war-cloud

Smash Journeyman
i play falcon now, and hes american, in america... and the only language he speaks is american, in america... and his knee is equivalent to a roundhouse kick from chuck norris :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol quite frankly i picked up ic's to beat a very good fox player in my area o.o

turns out i could also beat samuses and marths with it because i sucked at chaingrabbing and was good at fighting. now i'm like the best ic in my region and i don't even know how to wobble >_>

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
their is like a billion topics of this. but ne way

I chose my characters

GAW
Luigi
and Ness

cuz they are goofy as hell. and i love playing low tier and beating high tier kids at my skool.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Samus = Cool cannon and cool armor.. Other friends used her and they were WAY better than me (But not tourney good)
Marth = Cool sword, anime looking. Wasn't good with him, attacks seemed to simple for me.
Falco = Blaster, Falcon, nice and fast. Often too fast for my own good and I ended up spamming B cuz I loved the blaster.
Zelda = Seen a friend use her and seen Sheik pop out of no where (COOL) Used her back and forth with Sheik and I got a feel for both of them. Borrow a friends game and I got a bit better, but nothing too good. Just enough to beat a few level 9s... Been with Zelda/Sheik ever since. (Two years ago)............

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I used kirby as my main and fox as my secondary in 64. Always blue, both of them. Then i got melee (quite recently, since i got my wii), and realized what a dud kirby was, and what a blur fox was. I struggled to keep the mentality that kirby was my main, but in reality i just stopped playing him and went to fox as my main. (blue, still)
I realized that with kirby in the 64 version, was still quite an agressive, agrivating puffball, while in melee it is completely different. He is 200%...."gay"er (his taunt went from hiiiiiii to HIIII!!!!!)
and he didnt have any agression anymore. Im not saying he was that tough in any game, though. Still a puffball.

So long story short, i main Fox.

Future: Metaknight FTW (even if they made a new tier called "piss-weak tier" and put him in there, i'd still main him.)

Zeron

Smash Apprentice
Before I knew of any advance techniques, high level play, or any of that, I chose Falco. Watched a video of him Vs Marth in FoD and I thought he sounded cool, especially in his Up+B. How lucky for me that he ended up to be a high tier. :D

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Samus is my main because she comes the closest to the "perfect character" in my eyes. I can't really explain the "perfect character" either. I'm hoping there's someone that is considered teh perfect in Brawl.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
And that is why I hate fighting a samus. She's so close to perfect. Not to mention, she ***** Ice Climbers. :(

I've gone through a lot of mains but now I've stuck with the Ice Climbers, Ness, Ylink, Mewtwo and Game and Watch.

I picked Ice Climbers because they're so unique. I love their desynch combos, etc. They're so cool.

Ness, i guess I was attracted to him first because he's bottom tier. But he's hella fun to play and DJC + YYG = too good.

YLink: I dunno but I really like him. He's nowhere near as good as Link but I still enjoy him more. I play a decent Pressure/in your face Ylink, i guess and that's pretty fun. I like his combos.

Game and Watch: I was probably attracted to him because he's bottom tier too. But ****, he's hella fun to play and panspike = too sexy

Mewtwo: Another bottom tier. I enjoy playing Mewtwo. I've always had an on/off relationship with him but I guess I decided to stick with him because he was probably the only character that I played somewhat consistently.

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
Doctor Mario is extremely scrubby.

<3 Doc
umm.. Mario is the same as doc, only STRONGER.. how can people say doc is better? he is not.. he iis kinda lame ..really. his smash> + A is stronger with mario and hits at longer rage, and everything is mostly stronger with mario.. only the doc has these pills that are good, they are kinda slow but when it hits the enemy kinda stops and loses more health then mario's fireballs..

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
I chose Link because I was best with him in SSB64. It took some adjustments for the Melee version, but that's something I was willing to put up with (although, I'm still better with Mario).
I'll probably choose Link again with Brawl.
Although, with SSB64, I was best with Ness, but something just wasn't right with his Melee version that I couldn't get used to (most notably, his PK Thunder didn't shoot him as far).

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
wtf.. why can't I edit post's anymore?? whats going on with this forum.. I really need to change 2 post's by me that I posted here..

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
Why did I main Marth muh-boy?

Why for every reason he's high tier.

(Also he and Link were the only 2 characters I could beat my friends Ness with, back in the good ol' days o' smash spaming.)

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I didn't choose Fox, Fox chose me. Please free me from him an.... No Fox! NOOOOOOOO!

Ltork

Smash Cadet
Falco.

When the game was about 1 month old I got spiked by someone. Since then I have jumped in an dpout on falco.

Then I saw Bombsoldier. Then PC Chris.

I just stuck with Falco.

And since my advantage is that I have crazy fast fingers, I have started using Fox.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
G&W because he's hilarious...I originally picked him up as a joke but he grew on me and he's a really funny character. Also, he's very simple to play as.

Jx31

Smash Ace
I used Roy when the game first came out since I liked sword fighters way back then. Once I got someone to explain wtf the c-stick did(I didn't have a cube back then -_-) I started to play around with Marth. I soon noticed that The Tip>>>>>Teh Phire.

Now that I have a gamecube I started using Captain Falcon,Falco, and a bit of Bowser for fun.

P.S. Bowser sucks btw, nothing will change that fact sadly :(.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I picked Mario as he was my favorite Nintendo character, and I enjoyed the way he handles. Decent Aerial mobility, fair ground speed, just seemed to fit. However, after a long while [starting to realm into competitive smash] I started to figure out that he was KO retarted. However, after a while I learned of his greatest gift, combos, and he is still my main to this day.

I've also picked up Samus due to the vast number of tricks [mission briefing got me hooked]. I picked Fox due to his high tier position and his sheer speed [if I could get him moving he would be a very fun character to play, starting to get some success]. The last character to join my "team" was Pikachu. As he was my brother's main, and I saw some combo videos, I decided to try him out, and I was hooked. Pika has good speed, and I dig that tailspike.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I picked marth because when i first unlocked him I was like "Who is this guy". I tried him out and immediatly liked his playing style over the other characters and he's been my main ever since.

Marth.

His character just appealed to me even before tournament level playing.

His speed and spacing are great, yet very challenging to use effectivley.

My secondary characters are Mario and Fox.I dropped Link for Marth a long time ago...

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Dr Mario because he's a great alrounder that wasn't too technical that helped as I was learning the advanced techniques.

imo it doesn't matter who you pick so long as you don't do stuff like pick a character cos they're high tier and not pick a ow tier cos you're scared you'll lose or pick a low tier and john about it or the matchup. I respect smashers who pick low tiers and not john about it and players who won't change character to avoid a counterpick (that means you Aiko).

Top Bottom