• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose Pit?

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Most people here are planning on maining Pit (Including me), and I was wondering what made you decide to use him?

Personally when I first saw the video I saw Pit and thought he looked cool, and decided I might main him because he seemed fast & could fly.
Well about half a year later I bought Kid Icarus on the VC and LOVED IT!
So since I saw him I've been wanting to use him. He seems to have a lot of potential.
What about you?

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Arrows (i like archery in rl), flying/great recover, good defense (FREAKEN SHIELD), and well yea.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Oh no real reason except that angels/fallen angels pwn, he looks like the next pretty boy, and his blades look like Kratos's Blades of Athena off of God of War.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
Well his arrows are just the best atatck EVER!!! he has the best recovery of any character,(and is apprently the new "Comeback King", instead of Peach) He has fast attacks, and his shield will be SO useful. and MK will be my back-up :)

Hexx-kun

Smash Rookie
i liked him because like many before i like speedy char i live archery and in most games like range(im a bit of a sniper) i find that pits arrows can get to alot of places with the ability to aim in three directions and then to have a slight control of the arrow that appeals to me but apart from that my only worry is the many people saying its hard to kill with him . my and a mate of mine want to become pros and have created a crew called Hack3d (http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Hack3d) and i am thinking of becoming a 2v2 pro with my mate RAP TH so i like the fact that pit can rack up % while a mate can produce the finishing blow but i wouldnt mind if he had some really good killers also the fact that his down and B does not run out is awsome

Master Peach

Smash Ace
When I forst Pit He looked awesome as hell. First when I saw him use his Arrow My Face melted, But when I saw him break his Bow in two and use it as a weapon that was it for me. By far Pit was the best looking character for me. Plus the fact he can fly. Hands down, that's the character for me. Kick *** XD

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Based on his character design mostly, it's quite a shallow reason but i'm sure it's the same for a lot of people. I like Kid Icarus too but I didn't play it until after the Brawl announcement.

He's an angel and he has a cool weapon.

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
While he wont be my main (Peach and Sonic stand in front of him on my list), I was blown away by how awesome Pit was in the original trailer. Plus, after I saw that one vid where you could here his voice (Great Palutena, Victory is Our's!), I just knew I needed to play as this guy.

Misaj

Smash Rookie
I played Myths and Monsters back in the day - so to him actually be included in another game sparked my interest.

Main reason: He can fly, but with his bow-dual sword action, he's cooler than meta knight.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
When I first saw Pit actually I thought he was very interesting.Then when I seen the Subspace video,I notched he seemed very fast,emotional,and cool(because of the arrow/sword).After that I started to see the E for All gameplay videos and noticed that Pit was actually very cool.I really can't wait to try him out.And also his nice flying,and character design made me like him even more.(he actually is pretty good looking)/not in a gay way.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I dont plan on maining pit, hes the first character im going to play though, His moveset and stuff sorta is what helped make Brawl diffrent from melee, because now alot of characters are getting flying/controlled projectiles.

He looks really fun, and he's going to be undefeatable in ranged combat.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
I did plan to main Pit at first (because he looked cool :3 and I dunno, I thought I'd like his playstyle or something) but then I decided to stick with Link.
I'll still be using him alot...especially if Y Link doesn't make it ><

Rampe

Smash Rookie
I will main Pit cause he is cool and he has 2 swords :grin:
He has ultimate recovery and cool looking combos

Anyway, I like the style of Pit's gameplay and he will at least be on of my favorite characters. He looks awesome to play as.
And I also like that he yells when he is doing attacks

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I knew I was going to main him 6 years ago, when I first predicted him to be in the next Smash only a month after Melee was. He's a badass with wings and arrow. That's all you need right there. Now that he looks so much cooler, I gotta main him.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im not using him because he has godly recovery, but because Ive always liked the character, thats how I choose my mains, not by his advantages, but on how I like the character...

if Pit turns out high-toptier,then I wont main him...

ChemicalJustice

Smash Cadet
I knew I was gonna main him from the moment I saw him in the first trailer. I've never even played Kid Icarus. I guess I just like his character design, with the dual swords, arrows, and wings. Also, my friends hate it when I wtfhax recover with Samus in Melee, so Pit's awesome recovery will be very fun to use.

Son1x

Smash Apprentice
I didn't actually choose him, he's just going to be one of the numerous characters I'll be good with. =p

Noa.

Smash Master
When I saw him in the trailer, I was like, "He is sooo cool!". Then I wanted a new main for brawl, so I picked Pit. Another reason is that my name is Angel, so yeah.

Synister

Smash Rookie
i dont know yet if i main him or not, i just want a character that none of my friends play with, im leaning either towards him or dedede, because both have awesome recovery

Okysho

Smash Ace
because he's a kick *** looking angel with a bow and two swords! Why else? well.... also he's fast and... just awesome looking.... Ever since I stumbled across some old 1991 nintendo comics, I've been looking forward to playing anything relevant to Kid Icarus for a really long time! like.... 5-6 years....

Okysho

Smash Ace
because he's a kick *** looking angel with a bow and two swords! Why else? well.... also he's fast and... just awesome looking.... Ever since I stumbled across some old 1991 nintendo comics, I've been looking forward to playing anything relevant to Kid Icarus for a really long time! like.... 5-6 years....

Okysho

Smash Ace

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Oh no real reason except that angels/fallen angels pwn, he looks like the next pretty boy, and his blades look like Kratos's Blades of Athena off of God of War.
I saw no chains or blood-red glow >:[

Of course, the Athena's Blades didn't always glow red.

kry0gen

Smash Rookie
I love how he's a total twink and still looks like he owns.
Plus he's got a weapon.. and a pretty sweet one at that.
Wings are always good and I loved Kid Icarus back in the day.

kry0gen

Smash Rookie
But he looks fun to play as!
I haven't played as him so I can't say as to if he's 'bad' or 'good', but every character has it's strengths and weaknesses.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
He looks awesome. From what I've seen he has an awesome return, you can fly with him, and well, he reminds me of Link. Thats mainly why.

Top Bottom