• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did they shorten Marth´s Sword? (dont miss understand it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

walla_homie

Smash Apprentice
Why is Marth´s sword so short?
is it some technical glitch or because they didnt want to overpower Marth.
is there any answer since halv the time i try to do a Spike his sword is to short and it dosnt hit
or i am trying to do a Dancing Blade but im to far from the opponent so he charges a smash (it sucks if opp. is Ike) and send me flying to my death.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Amide

Smash Lord
He's already high tier as it is, why does he have to have more range? It's just a minor difficulty to overcome.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
All of his hitboxes are disjointed anyway (with the exception of a few on Usmash and a few others) so why does it matter, you can go back to melee if you want to use him with more range.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Here's the story: It was the last stock of the last match of a Melee tournament destined for greatness at an undisclosed location, Captain Falcon vs. Marth, both characters between 600% and 700% damage. After what seemed like an eternity of fighting, Marth began charging a shield breaker and the Captain charged him. Each fighter thought that they had the other right where they wanted them and in a flash of light that blotted out the sun and blinded the weak, the tip of the tipper's sword collided with Captain Falcon's knee and the rest is history.

There were two valuable things lost that day; Marth lost about 2 and a quarter inches from the tip of his sword and the Captain's knee will never be the same.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Here's the story: It was the last stock of the last match of a Melee tournament destined for greatness at an undisclosed location, Captain Falcon vs. Marth, both characters between 600% and 700% damage. After what seemed like an eternity of fighting, Marth began charging a shield breaker and the Captain charged him. Each fighter thought that they had the other right where they wanted them and in a flash of light that blotted out the sun and blinded the weak, the tip of the tipper's sword collided with Captain Falcon's knee and the rest is history.

There were two valuable things lost that day; Marth lost about 2 and a quarter inches from the tip of his sword and the Captain's knee will never be the same.
You just won this thread.

magikguy

Smash Lord

that story was epic.

Dairantou boy X

Smash Rookie
i know what u mean. i mean, 2 me, playing as marth is not the same in brawl as it was in melee. i guess its because the creator felt that marth was 2 powerful and wanted 2 tone him down a bit. Or probably he felt that shortening marth's sword would make playing as marth more challenging. personally, i think they should've kept marth as he was in melee and didn't bother shortening his sword.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Why is Marth´s sword so short?
is it some technical glitch or because they didnt want to overpower Marth.
is there any answer since halv the time i try to do a Spike his sword is to short and it dosnt hit
or i am trying to do a Dancing Blade but im to far from the opponent so he charges a smash (it sucks if opp. is Ike) and send me flying to my death.

Has anyone else had these problems?
Its only annoying against Metaknight because his sword is longer but it isn't a huge deal. What I'm asking much more often is why is Game and Watch's hitboxes so large, and Jigglypuff's so small.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

This is too good.

Oh, and if Marth had his old range with Melee frames as well, he'd be uber.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Marth still has like 80% of the range he had in melee, lol.

The only attack I see a big difference with is the fsmash. Other than the fsmash, the range difference is so small it doesn't even matter. What would make Marth devestating is a safe kill move. I would take that over a tiny bit of more range any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom