• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did they ruin bayonetta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
I tried to play her today but she felt so clunky and garbage,could never kill without a smash attack,tons of end lag on all of her moves,and Witch time is terrible at low percents what is even the point of using it?Yes she was strong in smash 4 but you don’t nerf a character into being this trash it’s saddening really because lots of people like this character and play her because they love the game. Please pray for our baby to get some significant changes because we can’t leave an icon this bad in smash ultimate

Edit: https://youtu.be/J5iKEeKc3Pk
Fast forward to 5:14 look at the end lag of her back air. Why does a lightweight character have more end lag than heavyweights it makes no sense and to top it all off her back air barely even kills. Sakarai get it together and fix her

Last edited:

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
Everybody agrees she needed nerfed, not to this extent but that’s how it played out. Basedgod sakurai stated in the past several times that she was way too strong.

Last edited:

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Her results haven't been great I'll admit, but people are wary of buffing the ban worthy character of last game just as they were with Meta Knight in Smash 4. The thing is that she needs to be buffed in the RIGHT ways.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Because she was a broken mess of a fighter largely responsible for people complaining that 4 was unbalanced.

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
That’s still not an excuse to make a character unfun and impossible to play
As broken as she was it needed to happen. The character was ******** on release and even after the patch in 4 she was still stupid, anybody that could pick up on their opponents DI would absolutely run a train on them.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Bayonetta was a complete and utter cancer character back in Smash 4. And I can agree that she almost ruined competitive Smash 4, and FG. Bayonetta's current situation happens to many characters in video games, when their only choice is to nerf said character to the ground temporarily, while they think of a way to buff said character back into the competitive scene as a balanced character. One example I will give is a card called the Royal Recruits from Clash Royale. When they were introduced, they completely broke the game due to their cheap cost and their ability to defend the entire arena just by placing them down. There were very few ways to counter them, and after a few weeks, Supercell nerfed the card by increasing the cost from 6 to 8 elixir, killing the card in the process. After a few months of balance changes, Supercell decided to meet the middle ground by decreasing the elixir cost from 8 to 7, while also giving them a small damage buff. Now the Royal Recruits are in a balanced state while not breaking the game in the process. Same thing will probably happen with Bayonetta, but it will take some time. She will probably start getting buffed with every patch until she is in a state where Sakurai and his team, along with the community consider her a balanced character. I suggest maybe trying a different fighter until Bayonetta is a viable option again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom