• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why choose Pikachu?

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
I just had a idea that might relate to all of the other Pika players and as such I have this question. Why would you choose pikachu as your main character? I mean he does have alot going for him but most of that is aimed primarly at kids. If the #1 reason why I choose pikachu as my main is that my friends don't like getting beat by pikachu and I love pokemon since it debuted.

Just curious.

Anther

Smash Champion
Becuase Pikachu is awesome.

Not much else..
Definitely for quick attack though. t.t...
Best attack in the game.

N64

Smash Champion
Hands down the funnest character I've played. His playstyle is unlike any other character in smash.

Anther

Smash Champion
I once tried some tope, woke up the next morning with a hangover and jumped off a bridge at noon.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
At a tournament recently I got to play Chu Dat's Pikachu with my Fox.

He did a backthrow near the edge, jumped out and stopped my double jump with a fair, and uair spiked me when I tried up up B, all before returning to the stage and taunting. I died with about 20 percent.

That's reason enough to pick up Pika, imo.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like pikachu b/c I feel that he exemplifies all that I strive for in my smash endeavors. He really embodies that sense of self worth and determination that I think we can identify with. Not only does the yellow one posses unwaivering courage and stamina,but he also has a certain vulnerability. This more than anything else makes pikachu special b/c it is this softness with toughness which I feel this arena could use more of. If only we could all take a page out of this mighty warrior's book and learn to let ourselves be a bit more sensitive and maybe a little less concerned with our personal boundaries. In closing, it is Pikachu's strong will which ultimately make him a ****** machine, but his emotional availability is what makes him a tender lover.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Why choose pikachu?

Top 10 reasons

10. Because he's a playable character

9. It's one of your safest bets at playing with mice O_o

8. Watching Falco players try to SHL past jolts

7. Cuz Falcon players love FD

6. He's a T.V. and movie star

5. Cuz pika's the only person Chuck Norris fears

4. Because u like showing people ur not only good with Ice Climbers

3. People are quicker to accept ur MM

2. Tail spike kills under 15% make little kids cry

1. T3h Sku11 B4sH 0wns j00!!!!111ONEjuan

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Problems in the marriage Anther?

Why I pick Pika, is because I picked him first in SSB and won a match against LvL 9 jigglypuffs on my first try, and stuck with him ever since.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
You should've been with me! I knew he loved the Psychic types!

But yeah on topic, if I probably didn't have a love for pokemon back then, I probably wouldn't have picked up Pikachu to this very day.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Yeah twoish years ago I first played smash in my friend's house, and I was like
"ZOMFG, Pikachu! I will liek pwnxor j00!!!1"
A half a year later:
"ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I discovered the Nair! 11111"

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Because he's not to disadvntaged or strong allowing me a challenge but not ruining the whole gameplay aspect. Plus he's just fun to play. Those who play fox only because he's strong have lost the true entertaining aspect of melee.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I wouldn't say Pikachu is scared of a red ball, he just dislikes it. Why would anything want to be kooped up inside a Pokeball for hours on end? Besides, instead of having to be brought out in time of trouble, he is right at your side to take action immediately.

Anyway, I chose Pikachu because I used him since Smash 64 and it's hard to break the chain from using him since my olden 64 days. I especially like him for his tail-spiking and his Smash attacks. Also, I like the feature to L-Cancel his taunt to fake out opponents, although it hasn't worked well for me :(.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
They need to make an episode of pokemon called "into the red ball".

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
you should play pika because hes a pokemon: and by nature all pokemon are made of rubber

i mean really, how else can they undergo constant battle without even breaking a bone? besides if they werent they wouldnt fit in the red/white balls.

my theory is flawless

Typo_Brawler

Smash Cadet
I chose him cause hes so cute! lol I know bad answer but I was ummmm 6 when I started playing. And well hes just my taste. Fast and strong attacks! What more could you want?

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I use Pika because:

-His recovery is one of the best in the game.
-His Nair is simply great.
-His up smash is the best in the game, even better than Fox's, and can kill at 15%.
-He's a really neutral character to play as. Like, if you play as someone like Fox it's too easy and suck some of the fun from it, while if you play as someone like Mewtwo you feel like your being cheated.
And the best reason why I play as him by far is:
-His taunt annoys my friends so much that you wouldn't believe it.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I use Pika because:

-His recovery is one of the best in the game.
-His Nair is simply great.
-His up smash is the best in the game, even better than Fox's, and can kill at 15%.
-He's a really neutral character to play as. Like, if you play as someone like Fox it's too easy and suck some of the fun from it, while if you play as someone like Mewtwo you feel like your being cheated.
And the best reason why I play as him by far is:
-His taunt annoys my friends so much that you wouldn't believe it.
If your not annoying your friends while playing as Pikachu, then your not using him right IMO.

Top Bottom