• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why cant Peach players play other characters?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I never said that, I just know that you have secondaries. You probably just don't want to use them. >_> I've got problems, but the opposite. I almost feel as if I use them first...then I always have peach to fall back on. I'm starting to look the other way around now, much like VaNz. (I know what you'll probably say, but just hear it out.) Go with your best, and if it doesn't work, then try something else. O.o it's probably why he's so bloody amazing with anyone he wants to use, lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I choose to play Peach cause I want to and I find it most fun. I dont find playing with anyone else so much fun. If I was to win a tournament with Marth or fox, believe when I tell you, I would not be that happy. its a fox a Marth. Come on now.

I played other characters and became really good with them. But they are no fun. dont I dont touch them unless I am bored. And still I go Peach. I had Zelda as my second. But I hardly touch her. so its just Peach now, and same goes for brawl. so I am the outcast. oh well. I'll do what I wish to have fun and Peach herself is all I need to play. may sound dumb or boring to you guys but this is my taste of fun and you dont have to agree.

Cort

Apple Head
The mindset some people take while trying to get good at this game is absolutely laughable.

Cort

Apple Head
You're going to have to change your outlook on the way you play this game if you actually want to get good, D.Pch.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I dont get it. I dont care for using anyone else. I tried. and even when I would win sometimes.......its just not fun for me. Not sure if I said it in this thread but if I was to win a tournament using Sheik or fox, yea I feel good about it but not really all that happy. I just find them boring. I dont need to win a big tournament (although that be sweet :p) Juat as long as I am seen as a great Peach main in tournaments alone thats all I care about and make it as far as I can with Peach alone.

But I'm wierd. So this is how I do things. If I am gonna go all out, might as well have fun with it. Why do something if its boring right? And it may seem odd to people or boring but just playing Peach alone is hella fun. But like I said its just me. And if it does not get me out of second round of pools (thats a recorded I failed to beat twice.) then least I tried and will keep trying.

Cort

Apple Head
I respect your choice Dark.Pch, but I'm telling you the cold hard truth. With enough experience you can learn to play any character effectively at high level play and it becomes very fun with anyone.

You don't want to handicap yourself by having this one character mentality.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Lol, I understand what you mean Dark, and like I said, more power to you. ^_^ Just keep representing Peach to the fullest. *shrugs* You do what YOU find to make the game interesting. *nods*
Thanks.

I respect your choice Dark.Pch, but I'm telling you the cold hard truth. With enough experience you can learn to play any character effectively at high level play and it becomes very fun with anyone.

Yea that is true. idk though. Like for instance. I was playing sheik one day cause I was bored and people were crying about me using Peach so much. I was actually owning with sheik. Cause they only expected me to win with Peach. When I was beating thier azzes with sheik, they were like ..........O_O. People were telling me to second sheik, and third fox. Yea my fox got really good and is played half as good as my Peach. But I found sheik so boring. Tilts and Fair air and I win. I'm not saying it takes no skills for sheik, but just her style bores me. Grabs>tilts>Fair..........game over.

Fox was ok. More interesting than sheik. But he was not all that fun. But I was more into fox than sheik.

Idk though. I could start using Sheik and fox but.....it just wont feel right to me. I cant explain it....yea I know, I'm weird and such .____.

Cort

Apple Head
Look at KDJ's Sheik and or experience playing it. I know what you mean with Sheik's general gameplay, but like with any character you can play them in extremely fun and interesting ways.

rocko1

Smash Rookie
To Dark Peach who is getting bored with characters...

Play Captain Falcon.

That is all.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thats true. Thats how I play Peach. I guess since I played Peach since........I got into smash, playing others are like bleh. I see what you mean though. I learned that from Mike G. The way he plays is wicked! Thats where I learned to be creative and make up my own style.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Oh well, I play this game how I want. Does not matter what you or anyone else says. You play how you want and dont worry about how I play.
loool. Dont really care who you play that much tbh, was just dropping in my opinion. Wasnt really worrying, my face was like this all the time :|

I dont get it. I dont care for using anyone else. I tried. and even when I would win sometimes.......its just not fun for me. Not sure if I said it in this thread but if I was to win a tournament using Sheik or fox, yea I feel good about it but not really all that happy. I just find them boring. I dont need to win a big tournament (although that be sweet :p) Juat as long as I am seen as a great Peach main in tournaments alone thats all I care about and make it as far as I can with Peach alone.

But I'm wierd. So this is how I do things. If I am gonna go all out, might as well have fun with it. Why do something if its boring right? And it may seem odd to people or boring but just playing Peach alone is hella fun. But like I said its just me. And if it does not get me out of second round of pools (thats a recorded I failed to beat twice.) then least I tried and will keep trying.
Thanks.

Yea that is true. idk though. Like for instance. I was playing sheik one day cause I was bored and people were crying about me using Peach so much. I was actually owning with sheik. Cause they only expected me to win with Peach. When I was beating thier azzes with sheik, they were like ..........O_O. People were telling me to second sheik, and third fox. Yea my fox got really good and is played half as good as my Peach. But I found sheik so boring. Tilts and Fair air and I win. I'm not saying it takes no skills for sheik, but just her style bores me. Grabs>tilts>Fair..........game over.

Fox was ok. More interesting than sheik. But he was not all that fun. But I was more into fox than sheik.

Idk though. I could start using Sheik and fox but.....it just wont feel right to me. I cant explain it....yea I know, I'm weird and such .____.
I think its about time you should calm down on the long posts when people say stuff about you lol, try to make your post short sweet and simple so it gets to the point.

Look at Corts posts

You're going to have to change your outlook on the way you play this game if you actually want to get good, D.Pch.

Look at KDJ's Sheik and or experience playing it. I know what you mean with Sheik's general gameplay, but like with any character you can play them in extremely fun and interesting ways.
Short sweet and simple baby... short sweet and simple.

P.S. Dont attack me with your fingers on the keyboard after this please im just saying my opinion. *Moonwalks out of this Biatch*

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
*Crip walks back in*

loool If I was trying to sound funny I would be insulting you, im not insulting you.
Im gonna stop before I hear later on smashboards you commited suicide over someone talking about you...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea, your attidude sure has changed since last I seen you around here. Dont know what got into you latley but I dont care. I'm too much in a good mood to deal with crap. I stated my point in this thread so I am done with it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yea, your attidude sure has changed since last I seen you around here. Dont know what got into you latley but I dont care. I'm too much in a good mood to deal with crap. I stated my point in this thread so I am done with it.
My location : South London
Yours : NYC
.... You dont know me to know what got into me or out.
IM SORRY DARK.PCH DO YOU ACCEPT MY APOLOGY?

Metà

Smash Master
Sastopher used only Peach in tournaments, and he was the best Peach before he retired. Seriously, Sas is too good, it makes me sad that today's Peaches don't know who he is.

Samochan

Smash Master
Yes, almost every WA tournament he attended, and placed high at FC3 and TG.
I know who sastopher is, but I've never really looked into his gamestyle much cause he was way before my time. >_> Today's metagame is a bit different and I like to watch more recent videos, plus sastopher was never my fav peach anyway.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
yea he does camp alot lol *shrugs* I didn't really like his style either..very slllooowww =/

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
Sastowho?

XD Sas was too good.

He camped me in pools and made time run out though >_>
lol, I remmeber that match!

OC2, right? That was about the time of my decline. I had mostly stopped playing at that point, and I remember--after fighting you a bit--that I didn't trust my technical skill over yours. I figured it was safer just to veggie spam and run away the whole game, as my camping endurance was top tier, having discovered it against Eddie (pro ganon player back in the day) and perfected it as my fall-back tactic when I didn't know how to approach someone.

I never really enjoyed winning like that, nor was it my goal to use cheese tactics to win, but there are no morals in competitive gaming and sometimes the road to victory takes ugly turns. Let this be a lesson to all gamers: you don't necessarily have to be better to win--look for any advantage you can and exploit it to the best of your abilities.

Top Bottom