• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Why buy the Wii u version?

nessokman

Smash Lord
Lets be realistic, and I know that is rare. Who would spend $350 for a console just for smash?Everyone and their grandma has a 3ds, so why put out $350 for a Wii u?

While you COULD say "It has different stages", but to casuals it doesn't matter. Casuals are who really matter, and when they already have one system they would rather get the 3DS version.

Even if people don't have a 3ds and are waiting for smash it is cheaper to buy a 3ds and smash. People who are "true fans" will buy both, of course.

But this game needs to sell, and the 3ds is the better platform. The Wii u has two big(ER) series on it being pikmen and NSMBU. Why buy a console with no games when you can get a 3ds and-
Monster hunter
Kid icarus
Luigis mansion
Mario kart 7
NSMB2
3D land
SMT IV
Animal crossing
Paper mario
Fire emblem
OOT 3D
Star fox 64 3D.

Explain to me again why smash bros U.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Wii U version will look far better, also I personally love playing Smash on a big screen, not so much a fan of playing it on a small one.

Also, I'm looking forward to getting my Wii U for: Smash, Sonic Lost Worlds, DKC Tropical Freeze, X, SM3D World, NSMB in general, Ducktales, Earthbound on VC (i will buy any console this game is on, period) and more. Also, bear in mind, I am a casual.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
...You really had to start that, didn't you?

1.) It's the most competitively viable version. You have double analog sticks, connection to the TV, and it doesn't need wifi for multiplayer.

2.) It'll be the more developed game. It's selling for $60, it's on the stronger platform, and so far it's been easier for Sakurai to develop. The 3DS version will be great, but the Wii U version will have more to it. If it wasn't, no one would buy it for $60.

3.) Didn't you watch E3? Wii U has their army of flagship games coming this holiday season, very soon, and in early 2014:

Donkey Kong Returns
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
Ducktales
Rayman Legends
Sonic Lost World
Super Luigi U
Wind Waker HD
Smash Bros
Arkham Origins
Yarn Yoshi
Mario and Sonic: Sochi Olympics

The 3DS just had its flagship army come earlier.

4.) HD Graphics.

nessokman

Smash Lord
...You really had to start that, didn't you?

1.) It's the most competitively viable version. You have double analog sticks, connection to the TV, and it doesn't need wifi for multiplayer.

2.) It'll be the more developed game. It's selling for $60, it's on the stronger platform, and so far it's been easier for Sakurai to develop. The 3DS version will be great, but the Wii U version will have more to it. If it wasn't, no one would buy it for $60.

3.) Didn't you watch E3? Wii U has their army of flagship games coming this holiday season, very soon, and in early 2014:

Donkey Kong Returns
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
Ducktales
Rayman Legends
Sonic Lost World
Super Luigi U
Wind Waker HD
Smash Bros
Arkham Origins
Yarn Yoshi
Mario and Sonic: Sochi Olympics

The 3DS just had its flagship army come earlier.

4.) HD Graphics.
as far as more developed is concerned, it won't have much the 3ds doesn't have.I already have a mario kart, 3d mario, new super mario bros, and a port of DKCR. Already out as well, why wait when the 3ds has just as good. More portability and the fact that it will have good online add on to the 3ds side.

Keep trying ^.^ I enjoy talking of the pros and cons of the different versions.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know... some people.... just have the money okay... :/

I mean I can't afford the Wii U right now but as soon as I do I will surely buy it and then buy any interesting games that come out for it alongside it as well as Smash Bros Wii U once I have the money for those too of course.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Because the 3DS version will be inferior in many ways. Why buy something that is inferior?

XquiZiTX8X

Smash Cadet
I never would have thought someone would actually say the 3DS would be the superior version.

Simply because the superior version of the game is coming out on a console that is currently not doing so well doesn't mean it's instantly qualified as inferior to it's handheld brother. Once the games start coming out, people will realize the console's true potential, and even a single great game like Pikmin 3 has managed to add fuel to the sales. And believe me, the 2013 Holiday Season/2014 will be a great moment for the U and I easily see it pulling a 3DS-like comeback soon.

Besides the graphics which is obviously noticeable, one of the most important advantages that the WiiU version has are the controls and all of the control schemes that will be avaliable. A fast paced game like smash, which is known for it's simple yet frantic button pressing, would cause even the sturdiest of hands to cramp up and be uncomfortable to play for extended periods of time. If Mk7 manages to cramp up my hands, I'm pretty sure playing smash would be like backhanding a brick wall. Now, the handheld version will definitely be a great game, but I just cant see it being better than the console version, because that team has a lot more resources to work with.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I already own a Wii U and look forward to several games besides Smash Bros. I'm getting both and when I do go to tournaments, having the ability to do friendlies or FFAs without taking a set up is a bonus on the 3DS side.

But, I'm not going to lie. At the moment, I'm digging the 3DS version of Smash more than Wii U from what I've seen in terms of stages and potential features. Oh, and Reset Bomb Forest from KIU <3

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Reasons to buy the Wii U version.

- Support the Wii U.
- Stages not on the 3DS version.
- HD Smash.
- Supporting Wii U.
- HD Smash.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I never would have thought someone would actually say the 3DS would be the superior version.

Simply because the superior version of the game is coming out on a console that is currently not doing so well doesn't mean it's instantly qualified as inferior to it's handheld brother. Once the games start coming out, people will realize the console's true potential, and even a single great game like Pikmin 3 has managed to add fuel to the sales. And believe me, the 2013 Holiday Season/2014 will be a great moment for the U and I easily see it pulling a 3DS-like comeback soon.

Besides the graphics which is obviously noticeable, one of the most important advantages that the WiiU version has are the controls and all of the control schemes that will be avaliable. A fast paced game like smash, which is known for it's simple yet frantic button pressing, would cause even the sturdiest of hands to cramp up and be uncomfortable to play for extended periods of time. If Mk7 manages to cramp up my hands, I'm pretty sure playing smash would be like backhanding a brick wall. Now, the handheld version will definitely be a great game, but I just cant see it being better than the console version, because that team has a lot more resources to work with.
Not simply because the 3ds is doing better. Most all the casuals who supported the Wii ae gone. It is moar likely to sell on the 3ds the Wii u will get the usual, but like I said the 3ds has that. The 3ds will have more of a community.obviously because of higher sales. More people playing online. And I wouldn't be surprised to see 3ds running 60FPS. If Mk7 does smash will

XquiZiTX8X

Smash Cadet
Not simply because the 3ds is doing better. Most all the casuals who supported the Wii ae gone. It is moar likely to sell on the 3ds the Wii u will get the usual, but like I said the 3ds has that. The 3ds will have more of a community.obviously because of higher sales. More people playing online. And I wouldn't be surprised to see 3ds running 60FPS. If Mk7 does smash will

The WiiU community is already much larger than the 3DS. You can tell by this forum having 100x the activity of the handheld version's, not to mention when most people refer to Smash 4, they're mostly talking about the console version. The WiiU will also process the game at 60FPS so there's really nothing the 3DS version has over the console version.

Also, it's coming out towards the middle or the end of 2014, so by that time there will already be a healthy library of games for the WiiU to draw inspiration from. Not to mention that sales figures will have most likely doubled by then due to the increasing popularity of the games, advertising, and word of mouth.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Lots of people bought the Wii just for Brawl. I'd say everything else is just personal bias.

If anything, I would see most people buying the personalized 3DS version. In large groups of gamers, it's common for only a few people who host parties or tournaments to buy the console version. Although anyone who cares about tournaments would probably own both.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
as far as more developed is concerned, it won't have much the 3ds doesn't have.I already have a mario kart, 3d mario, new super mario bros, and a port of DKCR. Already out as well, why wait when the 3ds has just as good. More portability and the fact that it will have good online add on to the 3ds side.

Keep trying ^.^ I enjoy talking of the pros and cons of the different versions.

Mostly because the Wii U releases will be more detailed games and have better graphics.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Because every game on the Wii U with a 3DS port, is better on the Wii U.

nessokman

Smash Lord
The only reason the boards here are more active on Wii u because we are competitively oriented. Casuals are who REALLY matter, and if a casual walks into GameStop and looks at the 3ds and Wii u library, they will buy a 3ds. Cheaper and has games. Casuals don't keep up with upcoming games. The competitive scene is all about Wii u, but the majority will be 3ds

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Casuals matter, yes, but we also have to take into account the reason casuals play this game. Say you want to play smash with a friend, but you two have neither a wii u or a 3ds. With a wii u, only one console is needed to play with him, but with a 3ds, you need two consoles and two desperate versions of the game. Thus, believe it or not, this makes the wii u version the one best for casuals, especially at get togethers or parties.
Secondly, while the Wii U is in a slump, nintendo can easily market their way back to the top. Those who say that it'll be crushed by competitors should look at the launch titles for the two other consoles. Neither has an exclusive system seller, while wii u has mario, DKC, and zelda, and so the console will definite move units. Most likely mario kart 8, a great sustenance seller, and wii fit, a massively popular casual game ONLY for wii u, will push sales even further. By that time, I predict there'll be a lot of people with a wii u.

Oh yeah, and HD graphics

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
The only reason the boards here are more active on Wii u because we are competitively oriented. Casuals are who REALLY matter, and if a casual walks into GameStop and looks at the 3ds and Wii u library, they will buy a 3ds. Cheaper and has games. Casuals don't keep up with upcoming games. The competitive scene is all about Wii u, but the majority will be 3ds

Under this logic, no one should have bought a 3DS before this summer and the DS should've crushed the Wii on launch.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Because the Wii U has multiplayer that doesn't require all your friends to buy their own console and a copy of the game? The Wii U version will most likely have more content? Runs at 60FPS? Has superior graphics? The Wii U also has plenty of games coming out that casual audiences will also play, and all of thee will already be out by the time Smash is released?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Because I don't need to buy two to have muliplayer with my brother and to make sure Pikmin 3 & Earthbound aren't the only reasons to justify having a WiiU?

Evil-Guy

Smash Journeyman
Everyone and their grandma has a 3ds
I don't

Who would spend $350 for a console just for smash?
I ended up doing so just for Brawl

Explain to me again why smash bros U.
Because it's my money :awesome:

Because the Wii U has multiplayer that doesn't require all your friends to buy their own console and a copy of the game? The Wii U version will most likely have more content? Runs at 60FPS? Has superior graphics? The Wii U also has plenty of games coming out that casual audiences will also play, and all of thee will already be out by the time Smash is released?
The first post is very impertinent.:mad:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Lots of people bought the Wii just for Brawl. I'd say everything else is just personal bias.
Better controller and easier to play with friends.

Also...c stick....
LMAO someone CLEARLY has never heard of the Call of Duty series.
These posts are all that needed to be said.

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
Competitive reason: Framerate
Casual reason: 3ds: "hey come over to my house and bring your 3ds, oh your friends come and don't know the game? well i guess **** them"
Wii U: "yeah i got some wiimote/nunchucks lying around, will be fun"

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Well, I trust the Wii U version to have a better online because the hardware is more capable.(?) I mean, KI:U's online was pretty solid, but it still had it's lag. I like the Wii U version better. I'll only buy the 3DS version depending on what the "connectivity" is that Sakurai spoke of. If it's good for me, sure, I maybe I'll get both. But for now, I want the Wii U version. I think I find the Wii U version a bit more competitively viable too. I also like the graphics on the Wii U version than the 3DS one. :I

Also, if I look at the trailer...I swear the 3DS version is noticeably a little more floaty than the Wii U version. ._.

OH, I FORGOT THIS! (Even though I could probably play without c-stick anyways, lul)

nessokman

Smash Lord
Competitive reason: Framerate
Casual reason: 3ds: "hey come over to my house and bring your 3ds, oh your friends come and don't know the game? well i guess **** them"
Wii U: "yeah i got some wiimote/nunchucks lying around, will be fun"
As I said previously, the 3ds will no doubt run 60fps.Mk7 can hold it at 60 99% of the time, but then when a cart jumps you and it drops.

If they have a 3ds, and all my friends do, they can do download play...

People play with wiimote/wiimote and nun chuck?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
>Talks about casuals
>Is surprised when someone mentions using the wiimote and nunchuck

Are you serious.

Idk why this thread even exists, there are plentiful good reasons to get the WiiU version over the 3DS version (or both), they've been explained to you, and you've just ignored them.

The 3DS being more successful than the WiiU does not make the 3DS version of smash superior, that's a ludicrous assertion

nessokman

Smash Lord
Casuals do. That's the group we're talking about here, right?
Jus going to put that out there- casuals are ignorant as to what is going on in gaming. The preorders are obviously fans of previous games. Remember just how big the pokemon fan base is.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
People play with wiimote/wiimote and nun chuck?
*facepalm* Actually, some competitive players use Wiichuk. :I

Idk why this thread even exists, there are plentiful good reasons to get the WiiU version over the 3DS version (or both), they've been explained to you, and you've just ignored them.

The 3DS being more successful than the WiiU does not make the 3DS version of smash superior, that's a ludicrous assertion
This thread is bad. :I

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Jus going to put that out there- casuals are ignorant as to what is going on in gaming. The preorders are obviously fans of previous games. Remember just how big the pokemon fan base is.

Then people will buy the Wii U when all the flagship games have posters put up in Gamestop.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Eh why do we always get these 3DS vs Wii U version debates?

Seriously.

BECAUSE THE WII U IS DOOMED I TELL YOU! DOOMEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
OK but seriously, I am PRIORITIZING the wii u version because of the reasons stated by everyone else, mind you I own both.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
OK but seriously, I am PRIORITIZING the wii u version because of the reasons stated by everyone else, mind you I own both.
I would have probably prioritized the Wii U version as well if I owned a Wii U but currently I don't but I do have a 3DS XL so I'm currently anticipating the 3DS version. (Although that can change if I do get my hands on the Wii U before the games come out.)

I'm planning to get them both eventually though.

Top Bottom