• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are melee vs. brawl threads tabuu?

Cinder

Smash Master
Because you did lol. I bet you have a golden statue in your living room with the Melee game cover carved into it, the way you talk about Melee.

And actually, I am better, because I don't obsess over Melee like you do. Teehee~
I lol'd...really, I did...so, being obsessed with Brawl makes you a better person? And btw, I'd hardly call myself obsessed with Melee...it's not like I don't have a life outside of it, y'know...

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Crap! I missed a flame war reading a BOOK!
Why, Why? Noooo!

I have no opinion in this for my Meleeis brokn.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I missed a flame war on SMASHBOARDS playing ping pong. :(
God, this isn't basilmarket where flame wars happen so often. T_T

:093:-sad

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dayum, Firus...once again, I'm impressed...
Same to you, Cinder.

like your avatar. in any case, the stale moves system waas overhauled for brawl and is better IMO. How exactly is melee more balanced? (tho don't want this to spark a whole debate) marths dominance rating as u probably know is 55% as compared to meta's 35%
As Cinder said, I don't think this is true at all. It seems like you pulled that out of nowhere, unless you have a source which you can cite.
But you're right, this isn't the topic.

Things like this turn into flame wars because Melee fanatics run in here and start saying Melee is better with their sarcastic remarks, then the Brawl guys try to defend Brawl, and then it turns into a big argument.

Melee guys, gtfo of the Brawl forums, and peace will be restored.
No, things like this turn into flame wars because of arrogant pricks like you. Nice try, though.

I'll post wherever I **** well please, thank you very much. And when I do decide to go onto the Brawl boards, I will not HIDE my preference for Melee, but I don't mindlessly flame Brawl either. Get over yourself.

You make me ashamed of playing Brawl in the first place, arrogant piece of crap.
You make me ashamed to be a human being.

And that reminds me...why did you feel the need to remind us why we have such an "unhealthy" obsession with Melee in our own board?
Wait. Wait.

He did this? Seriously?
Are you KIDDING me?

Because you did lol. I bet you have a golden statue in your living room with the Melee game cover carved into it, the way you talk about Melee.

And actually, I am better, because I don't obsess over Melee like you do. Teehee~
I don't even know quite how to address this...like, has your head ALWAYS been in your *** or did you decide you wanted a change of pace today?

This is starting to become a flame war.

WONDERFUL.
I know, gotta love irony.

Oh just forget it, you're too far in denial. Goodbye, cruel world. I'm going to hang myself.
That's the most logical thing you've posted in this thread.
*Applauds*

Mithx, couldn't have put it better myself.

You know you're an ignorant troll when people of the same opinion as you are even totally against you.

this thread needs to give up:dizzy:
i should have known better than to question the ways of the mods
On the (kind of) bright side, you have your answer now, and have experienced it first-hand.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Jeez, no need to say the same thing over and over again.

Except post counts.
In the case of this guy? There definitely is, post counts or not.
I'm not in it for the post count, I'm just very much for giving my own input. Seriously.

Denzi

Smash Master
I like both games, they're both awesome.
*waits to be flamed*

Also: lol @ this thread turning into a flame war in less than two pages.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Same to you, Cinder.

As Cinder said, I don't think this is true at all. It seems like you pulled that out of nowhere, unless you have a source which you can cite.
But you're right, this isn't the topic.

No, things like this turn into flame wars because of arrogant pricks like you. Nice try, though.

I'll post wherever I **** well please, thank you very much. And when I do decide to go onto the Brawl boards, I will not HIDE my preference for Melee, but I don't mindlessly flame Brawl either. Get over yourself.

You make me ashamed to be a human being.

Wait. Wait.

He did this? Seriously?
Are you KIDDING me?

I don't even know quite how to address this...like, has your head ALWAYS been in your *** or did you decide you wanted a change of pace today?

I know, gotta love irony.

*Applauds*

Mithx, couldn't have put it better myself.

You know you're an ignorant troll when people of the same opinion as you are even totally against you.

On the (kind of) bright side, you have your answer now, and have experienced it first-hand.
Yup! I've learned that no matter how benign, Melee vs. Brawl threads always end in flames:p
What data are you questioning? The dominance rating or the stale moves comment? Check stales moves on smash wiki:

"In Super Smash Bros., stale-move negation affected both damage and knockback. Here, damage and knockback decrease to 75% of their original power and remain constant from that point on (given the attack power is 4% or higher). In Super Smash Bros. Melee, special attacks suffered both reduced damage and knockback, while all other moves only suffered reduced damage. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the effect affects both damage and knockback for all moves.

The strength of stale-move negation has increased throughout the series, making the effect much more punishing in Brawl compared to the previous two games. "

as for the dominance ranking, that is straight from ankoku's character rankings chart, so I didn't pull those out of my arse per se.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I just don't see whats wrong with a valid discussion comparing the too games, as we compare just about anything else (characters, attacks, stages, etc.).
Because they usually end with the exact opposite of what you stated. "BUT BRAWL HAS MOAR CHARACTURS" "MELEE IS TEH L33T CUZ IT HAS GRAVITY" "BRAWL LOOKS REELLY GUUD" "MELEE HAS WAVEDASHING" "BRAWL HAS WIFI"

It really ends in nothing more than this.

I like both games, they're both awesome.
*waits to be flamed*

Also: lol @ this thread turning into a flame war in less than two pages.
Flamewars need more then two pages to develop into "wars" everyone around here needs to stop using the term so lightly.

Pics or it didn't happen.
Haha, so you've been to 4chan? Welcome to the Smash Boards, here we require an intelligent post.

Sorry for posting in the quote-respond format I know it's kind of hard to read and a bit of an eye sore.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Because they usually end with the exact opposite of what you stated. "BUT BRAWL HAS MOAR CHARACTURS" "MELEE IS TEH L33T CUZ IT HAS GRAVITY" "BRAWL LOOKS REELLY GUUD" "MELEE HAS WAVEDASHING" "BRAWL HAS WIFI"

It really ends in nothing more than this.
Geez, he learned his lesson already.
How come your avatar is so rectangular?

Puddin

Smash Lord
I wasn't bashing him for questioning the things we all hate to see, I was obviously explaining it in a polite and incredibly true manner.

My avatar is rectangular because I said "Hey avatar, you better make yourself rectangular or I'm gonna open up an E-can of E-whoop *** on you" and it obediently obeyed.

MuBa

Smash Lord
MK isn't that dominant anymore. More people are learning to deal with that so-called broken character.

I like Brawl better because it's a newer game. Melee to me is outdated and to you guys Brawl is ********. Each to their own.

Brawl vs. Melee debates are stupid and mainly opinion based. It usually boils down to some stupid conversation over how Melee has more depth than Brawl does.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
MK isn't that dominant anymore. More people are learning to deal with that so-called broken character.

I like Brawl better because it's a newer game. Melee to me is outdated and to you guys Brawl is ********. Each to their own.

Brawl vs. Melee debates are stupid and mainly opinion based. It usually boils down to some stupid conversation over how Melee has more depth than Brawl does.
This is the only post I've seen in this thread that uses common sense and logic...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Cinder, as much as I used to agree with you, and respect you for displaying your opinion, your avatar makes me sad that we've come to such a point.

I like both games, sure, Melee for it's speed and competitiveness, Brawl for it's characters (Diddy Kong is my hot love) and moosics, and features (stages too)

I mean, well..I dunno, but I think the thread should just stop right now, as it's turning into a flame war, and believe it or not, I saw it started by your avatar to an extent.

-A confused smasher. Can't we all just get along?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I disagree with you a lot, gannondorf4ever. While it would be great if we could just all get along, Cinder's avatar didn't have anything to do with us not getting along. There's nothing extreme about breaking the Brawl disc, and I have the utmost respect to Cinder for doing it. That's probably because I hate Brawl and love Melee, but still, you've got to give him credit for making such a bold move.

Also, his avatar has, in NO WAY, caused the flame war occurring at the moment. His avatar was briefly discussed, but all that was really discussed was a prediction of what his response would be like due to the fact that his avatar was of his broken Brawl disc. The flame war really started when Johnny Pteran put all the blame on the Melee-ers.

viparagon

Smash Ace
I disagree with you a lot, gannondorf4ever. While it would be great if we could just all get along, Cinder's avatar didn't have anything to do with us not getting along. There's nothing extreme about breaking the Brawl disc, and I have the utmost respect to Cinder for doing it. That's probably because I hate Brawl and love Melee, but still, you've got to give him credit for making such a bold move.

Also, his avatar has, in NO WAY, caused the flame war occurring at the moment. His avatar was briefly discussed, but all that was really discussed was a prediction of what his response would be like due to the fact that his avatar was of his broken Brawl disc. The flame war really started when Johnny Pteran put all the blame on the Melee-ers.
actually it started when I said that at least a few good things for competion were implemented in the transition from melee to brawl..., tho i'm not gelping my thread die:laugh:

Top Bottom