• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why 3.5 is bad for squirtle (+additional discussion)

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
after a lot of time in the lab and playing 3.5 whatnot. I am now convinced that squirtle's recovery is superior in 3.5 relative to the cast, with the true nerf not being aquajet but the wallcling change. That aside, his recovery is better specifically due to the new withdraw quick ledge-grab.

Speaking of recovery, I hope yall are shooting watergun at the opponent when they try and edgeguard you. It's the truth.

Last edited:

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
You do realize it's like 10x harder to land a killing up smash than to land a simple dtilt/dsmash/utilt into AJ? It gives Squirtle a reliable kill option outside of catching your opponent off guard or punishing mistakes with up smash.
Not if you can slide. I think it's harder to get close and use aj.

Leastways, no all the chars are not the same. But not everyone has to drop and recover the same way (minus like foxes over b) and then recover up which is very predictable.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Not if you can slide. I think it's harder to get close and use aj.

Leastways, no all the chars are not the same. But not everyone has to drop and recover the same way (minus like foxes over b) and then recover up which is very predictable.
You gotta practice using new AJ more then. It's an amazing and reliable kill option in the air, and actually has combos into itself unlike up smash, which only has combos on fast fallers

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
You gotta practice using new AJ more then. It's an amazing and reliable kill option in the air, and actually has combos into itself unlike up smash, which only has combos on fast fallers
Yeah I guess. But it does take a lot more work to make it hit because of the small hurtbox and how you have to be right on top of their head... Makes me feel like like I'm trying to play jigglypuff

Last edited:
Top Bottom