• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Unvote Going to make sure I get to cover things before day's end.

#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker You are pretty dead set on lynching Soup first.

Why have you not pushed to lynch Soup earlier? What has Town actually gained from delaying it?
This entire EoD and content from Tom, Gorf, Frozen, and Kevin.

I have pushed to see that Soup does die. I'm unsure what you're looking for from me here.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What about Gorf's performance D2 is significant for you?
It lets me mark his progression on Soup and I really enjoy his large notes post. In general, I have something to contrast his D1 where he shoved a counterwagon through on Soup Oracle claim.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, that confirms it for me. Not only that but he is paying attention without giving reads. Good timing, Ryker.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker @Fandangox

talk to me about this 11th hour lore counterwagon
I hate it.

I ESPECIALLY hate that it comes from Kevin. If not for what I JUST saw in the thread out of Soup, I'd say there was a reasonable chance of scum!Kev trying to prove me wrong about Soup's alignment by trying to save his own skin.

FF's original run is disgusting and I hate it, but I've been through that and I HOPE he's been in here some and isn't gonna ghost the thread to deadline.

I saw Gorf's **** it vote and I have a lot of questions for him as a result. If I'm not around next phase, then please someone work on solving him. Tom Tom you're my liaison in this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ask again later toDay.

Just realized that "hbc meme" would literally be the easiest cover for scum to quick lynch day 1 ever. For someone to be that casually cool with it D1 in such a big game (and as a redo game for a game that got ruined, no less) makes me suspicious now.

Vote: Soup

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Reading the Lore **** about rough medical situation. Dude, that sucks. I've been in and out of the hospital visiting family for the past month. I feel for you. Let us know if we can do anything from the internet to make that better.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
dude frozens presence lowkey makes me want to turbo another slot but the rational side of my brain is going "nooooo stooooop pleeeeease noooooo"
Followed by **** it Lore vote.

Nooooooo dude, this is DISGUSTING. Frozen's post looks awful. What about it made you flip like this?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Quick way I’m currently seeing the game by the way and excuse me for the scattered thoughts.

Towniest of All Town our crank swinging lord and savior: Me

Like their current reads in this game: Gorf.

Completely avoiding sticking a hard stance on anything but a safe bet: Pythag

Attempting to strong arm the game but not strong arm me/town to victory: Ryker

Finally found his nuts, hoping they’re town nuts but right now they’re null nuts: Tom the love of my life

Lore/Soup we’ve talked about ad infinitum... I’m going to be honest for a moment given how well town knows my ability just wanting to lynch Soup and being resigned to “well give us a reads list because if you clear you die tonight” doesn’t sit well with me for the few people that went with that line of reasoning, go back near the beginning of D2 and read those sentiments there’s probably something worth looking at depending on how this day ends. Also I swear if they end up being TvT which I’m hoping not I’ll be mildly perturbed about how pervasively scummy they play.

Hard to read because they’ve been posting not a whole lot of substance: FF, I mean coming in and agreeing with my posts is a given I’m a genius but even your arguing with Ryker I hate because you guys are mostly arguing about game theory. I know there is an underlying but scum would pick this to draw out CC like Ryker is claiming but this argument is just so safe on either side and I don’t like it.

Hate everything the slot has produced and think their stance flipping is disingenuous: Ranmaru

Fandingo is a bingo, I’m more and more sure as I read their slot that a majority of their pushes are opportunistic or sus. And their questions are usually just a “what’s your read” with no actual meat to it afterwards. Where’s the bravado, the gravitas, the here’s why i led you this way.

Marshy I’m unsure of, i think his slot looks infinitely worse because of his interactions with Kary and Orange and I need to look at D2 to see if I can shake that dirty feeling from him since he’s so damn attractive and I hate when nice things get dirty.
Obviously, I take MASSIVE issue with this post. However, on a scum Soup flip, he automatically has to answer for a lot of it. The major things I need more than an update is for him to explain the Ran and Fanny reads. ESPECIALLY the Fanny read. I need both of those fleshed out immediately.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
More importantly let’s play some hard ball questions instead of one dimensional what’s your read bull****.

Ryker - If this wagon gets shifted off of Soup and we lynch Lore, what are you looking at D3 both on scum or town flips.

Let’s operate under the assumption that there are three scum members.

Tom when you see this, if Marshy dies and flips scum give me his two scum mates knowing how he’s played this game.
On a scum flip, I would need to reread the thread and see how it comes out, but I have to throw my Soup read back into question and go looking for how people have read Lore, specifically early on in the game when he and Soup were the leading wagons. It's a ***** made answer, but it's what I have for you.

On a town flip, Soup..... again..... angrily.

For a Soup scum flip we have you, FF, and Gorf to solve. My main fallbacks prior to any further analysis would be Pythag and Ranmaru in that order. I have the clearest answer because this is obviously the one I've thought about most.

For a Soup town flip, Marshy looks worse in my eyes, you will be solved, and Gorf punches a ticket to LyLo.

I have to do serious reworking of the game if Soup flips town or Lore flips scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wait Ryker soup scum does not = lore scum to you?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Fandingo is a bingo my guy, if you have issue with the way FF is playing the game by not making substantive claims that back up how he's playing then you giving Fandingo a pass doesn't make sense to me. Come on, you know that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
i think everyone would really really benefit from answering the following questions:

1) how strongly do we feel that there is scum between soup and lore?
2) how strongly do we feel about the possibility that theyre both scum
I think there is almost certainly scum between the two of them. I think it's Soup. I do not necessarily believe that Lore is scum if Soup is town though. He CAN be. Conversely, if we somehow got to a Lore scum flip, I have to go back through Soup and I think I'd probably find him innocent because of Lore's interactions with him, not his own. That being said, I obviously conclude they aren't likely to both be scum.

Now, your answers provoke a question. You list both of them, but (and I'm massively accelerating so I may have missed it), but I didn't see a reason why you're leaning Lore first. What is the damning factor in your direct comparison?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wait Ryker soup scum does not = lore scum to you?
No, the AtE exchange between the two of them where Soup basically called him "hurtful, meen" is a good look for Lore. I don't think Lore would play along with that. After seeing Lore's visceral reaction to people not "playing the game properly" I don't think he could fake that for town credit, which is what it would be if they're both scumbags.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I feel very strongly on there being scum in one of those slots.

Now I know I have been the one to still say its possible they could BOTH be scum, both of their plays have been individually scummy, but Lore apologizing to Soup about being to Snarky and his #1,675 would indicate that for both to be scum together they would have to both be in the AoE play and is faked between them and I haven't played with Lore before and I dont know if that's something they can pull off.
THIS. This is the reason. Thank you for saving me the explanation, handsome.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, Lore is scum with soup. Especially that vote on Soup D1. No reason for him to get on otherwise. It was a forced move.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, Lore is scum with soup. Especially that vote on Soup D1. No reason for him to get on otherwise. It was a forced move.
This is another 5 page conversation between you and I waiting to happen and I don't have the time for it at the moment. Trust if I am alive, I WILL cover it with you tomorrow if you want.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Waiting for Ryker before I really get into this but a lot of it has to do with me not liking how people are extremely ok with a Soup lynch and the consequent “welp once he dies if he clears you you’re dead too” WIFOM that everyone seemed ok with near the start of his reveal that he oracled me. The rest we will wait on until Ryker gets here since he’s on this Lore wagon with me and also seems to be 99.9 percent sure Soup is scum.
Hi, I'm here. It's the bottom of the ninth, but there's still game to be played.

What about this "Oracle WIFOM" has your panties in a twist?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Gorf, would you have and will you still take a Lore lynch?
ehh... i think lore has a higher chance to flip scum. but i don’t hold that much credence to either read. if either dies im happy... but i do admit that soups lynch is probably going to tear open a bigger hole for reading others.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Deadline is at 8 PM CST

Votecount:

Soup (6): Marshy, Pythag, Fandangox, Lore, Ryker, Soup
Lore(3): FrozenFlame, KevinM, Gorf

Not Voting(2): Tom, Ranmaru,

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Since this has came in... I'll be having a flip for you all soon. Once I get the flip in, there will be no more speaking in the thread, and the deadline will be 8 PM PST Saturday July 13th (we're running by my time zone now since I'm modding)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You've been extremely vocal about a Soup lynch correct? Correct.

Who else has been pushing HARD for the PR claim lynch and legitimately hard near the grimy end of D1 switch off of Soup to Orange?

I can't hard read too many besides Ran but I'm convinced he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Panties are never in a twist because I wear briefs but I'm talking about directing night action without trying to find potential jailor targets etc didn't have me feeling too good near the beginning of D2, pretty easy to see that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I haven’t changed my stance on either slot as hard as you seem to be coming to the conclusion too. I’m simply trying to at least spread out a web of connections in this game lest we see a second mislynch in a game where most people haven’t interested with too much outside of the perceived only two lynches of the day for two straight days
So what do you do in a world where Soup flips scum then? I don't think you answered Gorf's thread question and I'd love that.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Deadline is at 8 PM CST

Votecount:

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Since this has came in... I'll be having a flip for you all soon. Once I get the flip in, there will be no more speaking in the thread, and the deadline will be 8 PM PST Saturday July 13th (we're running by my time zone now since I'm modding)
ryker unvoted before soup voted

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Deadline is at 8 PM CST

Votecount:

I unvoted.

Top Bottom