• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Kary wants to move on one of Soup and Lore atm. I wanted to know if that's because Kary thinks only one of them is scum or if it's because only one of them can be lynched today.
Pretty damn early to be setting up two players as the "only" lynches possible, don't you think?

I don't think I've posted any reasoning other than I like this wagon. I can vote you if you would prefer.
OK cool, and I get that it's a playstyle thing. But I low key can't stand when people drop votes, don't give reasoning, and don't even respond when asked for the reason.

You're not doing this here, but it's something I feel should be noted for my personal meta. I dislike votes without much reasoning.

I can read between the lines and guess at why you're voting after this last post, hence my lack of true annoyance.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I dont think I ever said that you guys are the only possible lynches. Nor do I think I put those words in Kary's mouth.

I'm fine with people dropping votes at the moment. Where they fall can still be telling in the future and if you pressure major reasons out of every vote early on, you end up stuck with only a couple votes on a few players and three or four not voting players.

More votes is always better than less at the start of a game.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Holy ****, I'm just getting a chance to start Shadow Bringers and both my classes are completely different.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I dont think I ever said that you guys are the only possible lynches. Nor do I think I put those words in Kary's mouth.

I'm fine with people dropping votes at the moment. Where they fall can still be telling in the future and if you pressure major reasons out of every vote early on, you end up stuck with only a couple votes on a few players and three or four not voting players.

More votes is always better than less at the start of a game.
I'm pretty sure you kinda put those words in Kary's mouth, unless I missed something. Your post is the first time I remember seeing that thought espoused, and I'd appreciate a correction if I'm way off.

Hm. This is a pretty OK point. I still have the urge to ask for reasoning for every single one, but I think I get what you mean. At least for early game.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, is Lore/Soup SvT or do you want both?
Kary wants to move on one of Soup and Lore atm. I wanted to know if that's because Kary thinks only one of them is scum or if it's because only one of them can be lynched today.
I just think it's a good direction. I'm not inclined to draw connections between players quite this early in the game.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
yall are crazy how can you guys possibly be team nia when yokos the ultimate waifu. i thought this was a no premie zone but clearly im wrong

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Let's move this discussion to DGames social, but I'd love to talk FF. What server are you on? I started playing for the first time last night, and it's pretty cool so far!
I'm not gonna be tabbing between threads, so I'll just end it here. I'm on Excalibur on the Primal Data Center.

As for mafia, no. I didn't say that or anything of the sort. The lynch can snap anywhere at any time based on how the game develops, but trying to gain traction for votes in a concentrated area is how you create pressure and force meaningful commitment.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
also how can i possibly move my vote when scumbag ryker didnt even bother trying to visit me on his way back up from ceo. some things are just plain inexcusable

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm not gonna be tabbing between threads, so I'll just end it here. I'm on Excalibur on the Primal Data Center.

As for mafia, no. I didn't say that or anything of the sort. The lynch can snap anywhere at any time based on how the game develops, but trying to gain traction for votes in a concentrated area is how you create pressure and force meaningful commitment.
If you didn't say that, then I'm confused by this post:

You literally said it.

Lore Lore why did I vote for soup?
I have a guess but I'd rather not say.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Actually entirely cool with having one of Lore or Soup die today.

Don't like how either of them have played the game, and the whole "just trying to figure out a way to get out of RVS" excuse from Lore is the most non-committal look at me being a townie without actually doing anything townie play. Pew pew

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
"Only one of them can be lynched today"

As in, we only get one lynch today. As in, it isn't necessarily SvT because Kary could want both lynched but can only get one today.

C'mon man, it isn't that hard.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
"Only one of them can be lynched today"

As in, we only get one lynch today. As in, it isn't necessarily SvT because Kary could want both lynched but can only get one today.

C'mon man, it isn't that hard.
That makes more sense, thanks. I was confused why you kept saying that you never said what I thought you said. It seems I misread.

Honestly I think I just need to take a break for a while. I'm absurdly exhausted from the fridge + work. I'll pop in here and there tonight, but likely not too much.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
well, proposing a false dilemma even in a hypothetical situation is still leading. if he continues to do stuff like that, i'd lynch him - regardless of hypothetical context or not. the post itself is just a dot, but eventually enough dots make a line.
Well what do you make out of Lore's discourse with Spak? If Lore's hypothetical irked you as you said in your #180 why not just bring it up then at that point?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fandangox Fandangox Where you at?

What do you think about Soup?
Soup seems to be doing the usual null thing where people press him and he starts plating the his usual AtE's

However I do not like at all how he basically admits he didn't look at the votecount after apparently almost thinking he hammered Ryker on accident after being pressed on it #138

Fandangox

Smash Lord
marshy is also giving me weird vibes, I'm not sure why he's getting a pass as I feel if there's one thing I could take from this Lore focus is that it's a really easy push to make. Ryker's response to him was way more potent in my eyes but I do tend to be more biased to people who agree with me lol
Well you don't seem to think Spak vs Lore was all that important, so should Marshy be today's play in your opinion? If not, who?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Lore vs Soup I’m down to ride, trying to see what’s goodie with the strap. Can’t tell if Lore is scum or just being obtuse but Soup play is so genuinely wtf that I’m down for a lynch.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup seems to be doing the usual null thing where people press him and he starts plating the his usual AtE's

However I do not like at all how he basically admits he didn't look at the votecount after apparently almost thinking he hammered Ryker on accident after being pressed on it #138
I don't know why this observation cannot precede me and why it haunts me on this site alone. Do you remember Etrian Odssey Mafia? It was another game I was town where nearing the end of the game I got lynched and I was feeling frustrated not from the fact I was scum-read, but rather I was haunted by the same. exact. thing.

AtE. It's felt like a label at this point, not even really an argument. It inhibits my ability to interact with someone because it has been predetermined that my emotions have already been decided for me. Cognitive dissonance is really bad for town, and it's even worse when you personally have to deal with it. I would feel really stupid for both the town and myself if you guys made this assumption every time and I keep flipping green because of it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I’m just down to lynch you because you were going to hammer lynch someone with zero contribution to the game. That’s my move and no one takes my move

#HBC | ѕoup

Well you don't seem to think Spak vs Lore was all that important, so should Marshy be today's play in your opinion? If not, who?
More of an IGMEOU. I'll have more thoughts about when marshy does more w/ his vote

#HBC | ѕoup

I’m just down to lynch you because you were going to hammer lynch someone with zero contribution to the game. That’s my move and no one takes my move
In my defense -- Karma's a *****. I was just lookin out for tha homie EE when he got cold blood murdered by that villain in MP2. The day of retribution and swag almost came for him, but he just missed it

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
At this point in the game I can't think of any good reason why you'd rather not say
Ask again later toDay.

Just realized that "hbc meme" would literally be the easiest cover for scum to quick lynch day 1 ever. For someone to be that casually cool with it D1 in such a big game (and as a redo game for a game that got ruined, no less) makes me suspicious now.

Vote: Soup

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I don't know why this observation cannot precede me and why it haunts me on this site alone. Do you remember Etrian Odssey Mafia? It was another game I was town where nearing the end of the game I got lynched and I was feeling frustrated not from the fact I was scum-read, but rather I was haunted by the same. exact. thing.

AtE. It's felt like a label at this point, not even really an argument. It inhibits my ability to interact with someone because it has been predetermined that my emotions have already been decided for me. Cognitive dissonance is really bad for town, and it's even worse when you personally have to deal with it. I would feel really stupid for both the town and myself if you guys made this assumption every time and I keep flipping green because of it.
I don't remember Etrian Odyssey mafia at all at the moment.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Just realized that "hbc meme" would literally be the easiest cover for scum to quick lynch day 1 ever. For someone to be that casually cool with it D1 in such a big game (and as a redo game for a game that got ruined, no less) makes me suspicious now.

Vote: Soup
That your big reason?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yet you suddenly realized it now?

You somehow missed past the big glittery meme post that had the hammer vote in it?
I didn't miss it, but I certainly didn't realize the implications it held until KevinM's post. He found it iffy for different reasons, but it made me think more on the situation.

Like let's say this was a chill, casual game with a loose group. A quick Hammer D1 for a meme could be something fun to laugh off, and I initially read it this way.

But this is both the redo of a failed game and a game with HBC. Not only would the quick hammer NOT be funny if it actually happened, but it's one of the few groups that's literally named after Hard Bodying, which makes it a group that would take it as business as usual.

It's the perfect opportunity to try to make a quick lynch happen, and it took me too long to realize that.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote count 3

KevinM (1): Spak
Spak (1): Tom
Ryker (3): FrozenFlame, Pythag, Gorf
Soup (4): Kary, Ryker, Kevin, Lore
Lore (2): Ranmaru, Marshy

Not Voting(2): Fandangox, Soup

With 13 alive, it takes seven to lynch.

MOD NOTE: I have an early morning flight tomorrow and not sure if I’ll be able to post a vote count tomorrow before I leave, and realistically won’t get a chance to post one until after dinner. Third Koopa is traveling as well I believe, so vote counts might have to be kept track of by players for the next 20 ish hours.

Top Bottom