• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your pick?

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
1. Dante
2. Geno
3. Rayman
4. Crash
5. Battletoads or Double Dragon rep (Rash, Billy Lee)
6. Dixie Kong
7. Shovel Knight
8. King Hippo (need a boxer character that is not broken.. so also fix Mac)
7. Master Chief or Doomguy
8. Spyro
9. Zangief or a character from the Pro Wrestling NES game
10. One of the current assist trophies to become a character (preferably Zero or Bomberman)

do not want: Fire Emblem character number 104737284

UserKev

Smash Champion
He wasn't too relevant outside that, though.

Look, can we PLEASE drop this before it begins and get back to the topic?
No hard feelings. I just REALLY want you to understand that its a bs quota just recently used by Sakurai. I can list you TONES of irrelevant characters that has the potential for fun movesets that will NEVER be playable without proper fan support. Don't fall for it, man.

Guess I shouldn't give up my hope for Mimikyu then.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Despite me having 4/5 of my most wanted (or 5/6 if I don’t limit it to top 5) I’ll make a list of the next ones I’d love to see included:

1) Mike Jones (StarTropics)
2) Doomguy (Doom)
3) Metal Sonic or Tails (Sonic)
4) Battletoads
5) Shantae
6) Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
7) Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)
8) Earthworm Jim
9) Isaac (Golden Sun)
10) Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

Last edited:

KayaMarley

Smash Cadet
If they put in a Chrono cross character before Chrono trigger I think people would be upset
I wouldn't be. I mean in a perfect world I'd want both, but yeah, i know most people would be like "the hell?" but nevertheless, that's still the pick i'd want. Serge just has a more interesting battle system to offer than Crono does in my opinion. plus the Swallow Blade is dope, and would differ from the countless swords that already are present, while still not being to far off the beaten path. He's sort of a pipe dream though as i know Crono would get in way before he does.

No hard feelings. I just REALLY want you to understand that its a bs quota just recently used by Sakurai. I can list you TONES of irrelevant characters that has the potential for fun movesets that will NEVER be playable without proper fan support. Don't fall for it, man.

Guess I shouldn't give up my hope for Mimikyu then.
The same doesn't really apply to a pokemon character when there are literally hundreds of them. of course only the most popular and relevant to the series will be picked from that list. that doesn't mean other series will abide by that though in their inclusion. I do think for a character to have a good chance of getting in, they do need a large fan base, an interesting and fun moveset that sets them apart from the rest, and it has to be a unique/ interesting character that can help people get excited for more smash bros, as well as their inclusion into smash bros promoting their games and series. Sakurai takes all of these things into account when choosing characters for base roster and DLC. While this does mean getting more obscure characters (many of which i'd like and so would plenty of others) is unlikely, that doesn't mean it isn't possible. Even if it's niche, a fan base can still be large (that's kinda what persona was until 5 blew it up). Those niche series' might be all the better in certain situations, especially as cross promotion for both smash, and said characters games/ series. and sorry but i don't really see the point in holding out for Mimikyu considering it's already represented in the game (though i take it you were being sarcastic about that. If you weren't, then maybe in the next smash?? kinda doubt it though..)

Last edited:

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
All I’ve wanted since 2007 is Shadow with a unique moveset using his chaos abilities. Being a shadow fan is brutal...3 games in a row as an assist trophy :(

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll do a top five plus an honorable mention. :p

1. Edelgard
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Frogger
4. Phoenix Wright
5. Lara Croft

Honorable Mention: Waluigi

I mostly wanted my top five to be made up of characters without an existing role in Smash, in case upgrades aren't going to happen. That being said, if they decided to do an upgrade post-Pass (because I think Fighter Five will be a totally new third party character), I could see Waluigi having a shot.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
1. Shantae
2. Doomguy (DOOM)
3. Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
4. Ajna (Indivisible)
5. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
6. Chell (Portal)
7. Nemesis (Resident Evil)
8. Sephiroth
9. Hatsune Miku
10. Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions)

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty satisfied with the DLC choices for Ultimate, with Hero being the most fun for me so I think I would be okay with whoever the next fighters will be.
Top 5 3rd Party:

1. Doomguy / Slayer
2. Nightmare
3. Dante
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Jill Valentine (RE1 Remake design with some of her moves taken from MvC2)

Other Capcom mentions: Edward Falcon (Power Stone) and Ruby Heart (MvC2)

Top 5 Nintendo related fighters:
1. Waluigi
2. Medusa (KIU)
3. Adeleine
4. BotW Champions (I mostly want Urbosa, but it wouldn't seem fair to have only her and not the rest of the Champions playable, so I believe the best way to have them all playable would be to go the PKMN Trainer route and have each Champion allowed to be switched out with down special. Whoever's not being played will be in the background spectating in their ghost form, also each of the Champions may borrow a few moves from characters currently on the roster but each Champion's kit is fleshed out enough to not be considered a semi clone. I really love the Champions from BotW and imo it would be kind of a waste to not have at least one of them playable in Smash, now more than ever with a BotW sequel confirmed.)
5. Cinderace or Sirfetch'd (if we get a current Gen Pokemon.)

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
1. Ren & Oragon (Monster Strike)
2. Red Dragon Caller Sonia (Puzzle & Dragons)
3. Ms. Pac-Man
4. Filia (Skullgirls)
5. Red (Angry Birds)
6. Dixie Kong
7. Ratchet & Clank
8. Susie (Deltarune)
9. Adeleine & Ribbon
10. Porky

I've noticed my most-wanteds fluctuate a lot. I sometimes think really hard about the context of their inclusion, what their playstyle could be like, and what it would mean for both their own franchise and Smash, so that's why they keep changing positions, if anyone ever notices when I post them.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Me... I kinda wanna see Chell, Alucard, Zero, Pheonix Wright, Chun-Li, Doomguy, Steve and Tracer.
All of these would be requested characters with interesting movesets.
Plus, I wanna see all of them! They'd be awesome!
I reckon Sakurai could easily make interesting movesets for these - especially Chell, Pheonix and Steve.

Janx

Banned via Warnings
1. Ellie from The Last of Us
2. Roll from Mega Man
3. Professor Layton
4. Tails or Shadow, either one
5. Steve
And if the rules allowed it I would put Goku as 4 and Deku as 5

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
1 Adeleine & Ribbon
2 (Classic) Ganon
3 Karate Joe
4 Captain Syrup
5 Hornet

(there are others btw, this is just my top 5 at the moment).

This was one of my most wanted characters during the Smash 4 speculation, though my interest has gone when they put in Bowser Jr instead, who uses the same mech suit gimmick as her would have, including drills for attacks. I still would have prefered Jill over Bowser Jr though, and I wouldn't mind her being added in the future anyway, she can still bring gear-charged attacks and switch drill spin direction as unique features.

Drill Dozer brought me one of the most unique moments of my gamer life, the moment when I defused the bomb just a frame before the timer ran out, like in an action movie... I will never forget of that awesome lucky moment.
"Hornet" do you mean the car from Daytona USA?

KayaMarley

Smash Cadet
• Marina Liteyears
• Shantae
• Goemon
• Isaac
• Lip
Shantae and goemon would have been amazing. im a little bummed they made him a mii fighter costume, but hey, at least he was remembered. I really didnt expect him to appear in anything. hopefully this means that we can get a new goemon in the future?. Isaac not being in kinda bumms me out, but now that we have Hero, im not as disapointed as i was. I also think its odd that one of the items in smash thats been in since melee, is from Lip's games, and yet shes not in.. i admit i dont really know anything about her, but i do think it's a little strange. all around great picks!

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Shantae and goemon would have been amazing. im a little bummed they made him a mii fighter costume, but hey, at least he was remembered. I really didnt expect him to appear in anything. hopefully this means that we can get a new goemon in the future?. Isaac not being in kinda bumms me out, but now that we have Hero, im not as disapointed as i was. I also think its odd that one of the items in smash thats been in since melee, is from Lip's games, and yet shes not in.. i admit i dont really know anything about her, but i do think it's a little strange. all around great picks!
I was convinced that Goemon wouldn't get anything after both Snake and Bomberman got some attention over him. Mii's better than nothing at all, I suppose.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
"Hornet" do you mean the car from Daytona USA?
No, I mean the Hornet from Hollow Knight, but if they manage to make that car playable as a fighter I wouldn't be against that. The more WTF, the merrier.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
No, I mean the Hornet from Hollow Knight, but if they manage to make that car playable as a fighter I wouldn't be against that. The more WTF, the merrier.
Oh thanks for reminding me. Funnily enough one of my wanted fighters is a car from Rocket League. (The Octane itself.)

Last edited:

KayaMarley

Smash Cadet
Oh thanks for reminding me. Funnily enough one of my wanted fighters is a car from Rocket League. (The Octane itself.)
The Beetle Adventure Racing Car needs to be in smash. all the multiplayer mode items at disposal, making it a god tier character.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
  1. Rex and Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  2. Shantae
  3. Monster Hunter
  4. Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
  5. Byleth Eisner (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
  • Skull Kid
  • Neku
  • Whipsword user (e.g., Rondoline, Byleth, Miriam, Kaihime, Xun You or one of the other "Steel Whip Sword" users from Dynasty Warriors 9, or Takenaka Hanbei without his mask; I don't really want Ivy in Smash due to her sexualization)
  • Ephraim (or similar spear fighter, e.g., Dimitri from Three Houses)
  • Decloned Ganondorf
  • Masked Link

KayaMarley

Smash Cadet
  • Skull Kid
  • Neku
  • Whipsword user (e.g., Rondoline, Byleth, Miriam, Kaihime, Xun You or one of the other "Steel Whip Sword" users from Dynasty Warriors 9, or Takenaka Hanbei without his mask; I don't really want Ivy in Smash due to her sexualization)
  • Ephraim (or similar spear fighter, e.g., Dimitri from Three Houses)
  • Decloned Ganondorf
  • Masked Link
Yay, more people who want Neku! He's beeen my number one pick for years. i really hope he gets in. i dont really care how late in the DLC either, as long as hes in, i'll be beyond stoked. also skull kid and masked link were missed opportunities for sure. great list!

UserKev

Smash Champion
In terms of third party, my top 5:

1. Scorpion
2. Ajna (Indivisible
3. Lara Croft
4. Dragonborn
5. Crash Bandicoot

The listed I'm both interested in terms of moveset potential and that I genuinely want.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
1) Geno (SMRPG)
2) The Knight (Hollow Knight)
3) Porky Minch (Earthbound/Mother 3)
4) Manny Calavera (Grim Fandango)
5) Gordon Freeman (Half-Life series)

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I feel like most of the characters I would’ve wanted in the past are already in Ultimate. King K. Rool, Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man, and Banjo & Kazooie are good examples. With that said, here are five more I would like to see:

1. Dixie Kong
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Paper Mario
5. King Hippo

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
6. Blinx the time sweeper
7. Johnny Gat
8. Duke Nukem