• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your favorite pro smash player and why?

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
HungryBox. He's a realist, yet he knows he's a Smash-god.

Mew2King is a close second, though. I can relate to the awkwardness, and seeing him get to that level, both socially and gameplay-wise, gives me some hope.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't think I have one.

I only know Zero and Hungrybox because they were in the finals of the Invitationals, but I don't care about "pro" Smash players.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Axe can keep up with the best of them a trill to watch in Melee.

Amsa seems to master every aspect of yoshi and he carries around a yoshi plushe its kinda funny.

Gyorg the Yossarian

Smash Cadet
Ken is legendary for making marth mainstream, Hungrybox made Jiggs mainstream, and Mew2King is just amazing for the community. so those three.
also like Jtails and Nyami.

Last edited:

Shmoopy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jordanious24
3DS FC
3995-6588-3249
I've always been fond of Mew2King. It's just something about his demeanor that makes it seem like he's in some kind of "smash dimension".
Also his playstyle with and devotion to Mewtwo is really admirable.

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
Ken, Amsa, Trela.

Ken has the best story.
Amsa has the best personality.
Trela is the most fun to watch, Shulk is cool.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
No specific smash title, just tell me what you think!
Ken is my favorite. He is the reason I use red Marth. Isai and Scar are also awesome, because I love how they play falcon in melee. For my least favorite, it is the PM player smash god. Just reading his name should explain why I don't like him.

Drew English

Smash Cadet
NNID
gringaer
3DS FC
3625-9539-5058
NAKAT because I learn a lot about how to use Ness and Hungrybox because he made jiggs mainstream and he just seems like a fun person to hang out with.

Niala

Smash Ace
Mang0 is really chill, which I like in people, but I find he doesn't help the "gossipy" nature of the Smash community.

I don't know anything about KDJ, but the mere fact that he purposely jumped into Megaman's final smash in the promotional tournament makes him seem like a player I want to like a lot.

Nintendude and PPMD are both great imo, too. Very calm players who just play the game and are damn good at it.

millows

Smash Rookie
NNID
millows
I would say Wife because after seeing him play, he not only inspired me to play, but he also inspired me to play peach, I admire his practice methods and play style, and I just think he's cool!

Kaiboiii

Smash Cadet
Don't really know any smash pros but if I had to choose probably Mew2King and NAKAT since they're the only ones I know.

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
I don't know a whole lot about competitive smash but it's always fun to watch M2K. He pulls off some really amazing moves sometimes and he's exciting.

aMsa is also up there because he too is exciting to watch. He does things with Yoshi that I cannot even comprehend.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I dig M2K for his general attitude and strange mannerisms. For a guy with social issues, the dude can crack some jokes on his stream. Then again I guess Smash made him more social over the years. Plus, gotta 'spect him for his Mewtwo play

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I've only now started watching pro Smash videos, only about 4 though since that's the one I'm playing. Though I'd have to give props to Trela and Nairo.

Trela's Shulk is by far the best I've seen and I look forward when he brings out the character I also main. As for Nairo I respect his Zelda and Dark Pit, but his Robin (also shared with Trela) is the reason I picked him up and is now one of my sub-mains.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
HungryBox since he plays a pretty good Jiggz and Kirbeh :>
Chudat for Project M since I like watching his matches as Kirbeh as well
Nyani since she's got a solid Mario

Top Bottom