• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Next?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
WHICH CHARECTER DO YOU THINK THEY'LL ANNOUNCE NEXT. I KNOW THEY JUST ANNOUNCED KING DE DE DE(which I'm happy about) BUT NOW I'M ALREADY THINKING ABOUT THE NEXT CHARECTER. I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S NOT GOING TO BE THE THIRD PARTY CHARACTER WE'VE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR ABOUT. BUT I'M GOING TO GUESS IT'S CPT. FALCON IF NOT THEN I'LL BE LUIGI OR GANONDORF. WHAT DO YOU THINK?:confused:

Rakath

Smash Ace
Under two weeks till November 5th... I'm guessin' a Fire Emblem character (Micaiah, Mia, Black Knight, or Marth) is up next...

j.rob

Smash Apprentice
It Beter Be Capt Falcon Cuz Sakurai Is Taking The P!ss With Him Now. He Should Have Been Revealed Ages Ago!!!!! He Has To Be Next. I Thought That He Would Have Been Revealed Before Lucas And Sonic !!!!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
A Fire Elblem Charecter Is Also A Good Guess Rakath But I Know I Thought Him And Even Ganondorf Would Of Already Been Announced. I Would Of Thought Sonic Wouldnt Of Been Annouced Until Brawl Release But I'm Getting Worried About Falcon And Ganondorf

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't worry about Falcon and Ganondorf. I'm sure they'll both be back. Actually, I'm even guessing we'll see Falcon appear next.

RWB

Smash Ace
It Beter Be Capt Falcon Cuz Sakurai Is Taking The P!ss With Him Now. He Should Have Been Revealed Ages Ago!!!!! He Has To Be Next. I Thought That He Would Have Been Revealed Before Lucas And Sonic !!!!
The Capt. was Sakurais favorite character in SSB64. I doubt Sakurai will kick him out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A veteran seems possible. Captain Falcon, Ness, and Falco are a few important choices. Newcomer-wise, King K. Rool should show himself.

j.rob

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't worry about Falcon and Ganondorf. I'm sure they'll both be back. Actually, I'm even guessing we'll see Falcon appear next.

Lol we have been saying falcons next since june.

ITS NOW OCTOBER THE 25TH!!!!

If falcon isnt revealed by november then heads will roll:grrr:..............
SAKURAI STOP PLAYING WITH OUR MINDS!!!!!

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
People need to relax about Captain Falcon. He's making it in, no prob. There is no other character that has more chances of making it in than him (and Luigi).

But King DeDeDe makes the Kirby series have three reps. Hopefully Fire Emblem will get at least three reps as well (considering there were 2 FE characters over 1 Kirby character in Melee). This increases Micaiah's chances considerably. I'd say the next character should be a veteran (Luigi or Captain Falcon) and the next two after that should be newcomers (one of them being Micaiah...I hope). Micaiah being introduced after her game is out just makes sense.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
It was nice to finally get an awesome update today after that slew of less-than-impressive updates...though i imagine they have to stretch it out a tad considering they have two more months worth of updates.

I have to agree that the next update will probably be a veteran, we haven't seen any for a while now. Hopefully Ganon will show up with that awesome rune sword of his. but as for a newcomer? I don't know when, but Ridley is at least all but confirmed for me. Seriously all we have is Samus representing for Metroid, it would be ridiculous at this point, three games into Smash, not to have him. So I don't know if he's next to be revealed...but somewhere down the road Sakurai has to announce him so that I can finally rest easy.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
WHICH CHARECTER DO YOU THINK THEY'LL ANNOUNCE NEXT. I KNOW THEY JUST ANNOUNCED KING DE DE DE(which I'm happy about) BUT NOW I'M ALREADY THINKING ABOUT THE NEXT CHARECTER. I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S NOT GOING TO BE THE THIRD PARTY CHARACTER WE'VE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR ABOUT. BUT I'M GOING TO GUESS IT'S CPT. FALCON IF NOT THEN I'LL BE LUIGI OR GANONDORF. WHAT DO YOU THINK?:confused:
Do you know how many internet etiquette rules you're breaking by typing in all caps like that? Well, you're breaking one. Don't type in all caps.

JadenStryfe

Smash Rookie
New here and everything, but I think after seeing Sonic, Lucas, and DeDeDe that the next newcomer is going to be MegaMan. They still have a slot open on Smash Dojo and they keep going with guys picked from the top 5 from Sakurai's (sp?) poll. I would say Geno but I keep hearing that Square and Nintendo aren't on the best of terms so the best choice would be Mega. Although I would personally like to see Chrono from Chrono Trigger in there myself. Mmmm. ..... or Magus.

Zevox

Smash Lord
They still have a slot open on Smash Dojo
They have more than that. They always just add a new row when one is filled and another newcomer is announced - they did with Pokèmon Trainer, they did with Lucas, they will with whoever is the thirteenth newcomer announced. You can't guess who or how many characters there will be based on the apparent amount of room left on that select screen.

Zevox

JadenStryfe

Smash Rookie
They have more than that. They always just add a new row when one is filled and another newcomer is announced - they did with Pokèmon Trainer, they did with Lucas, they will with whoever is the thirteenth newcomer announced. You can't guess who or how many characters there will be based on the apparent amount of room left on that select screen.

Zevox

Ah, didn't know that. Ok. I just have been paying attention since Lucas was dropped and haven't seen any vets announced since then so I figured they were done with announcing the vets and if we were going to find out there were more it would be when the game was dropped. I figured Capt Falcon was a given because it would just be ridiculous to put his assist trophy in without him as a character. So I assumed they were just focusing on the newcomers. Thanks for that info. They should put like 40 characters or more in.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
im hoping we get a sheik announcment but if were talkin newcomers im thinkin Krystal.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I've really given up on predictions, Sakurai seems quite irrational on his updates. There's a method to his madness. I don't know what it is though.

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon is totally overdue.

But I've been saying that since before Ice Climbers were revealed so I wouldn't be surprised if we get another Newcomer before him.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919

Zevox
I'd have to disagree in regards to newcomers.

We know there's vets coming around (this means Falcon lol), newcomers--I'd imagine he'd want to keep quite a few newcomers hidden, thusly I don't see the newcomer list expanding anymore (which is why I said that in the roster topic.)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
it will probably be a veteran(capt. falcon) but I really hope it will be midna or an animal crossing rep.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I only see veterans from here on out. probably falcon followed by ganon or something like this, (I highly doubt jiggly or falco will return, but I could be wrong)

JPW

Smash Ace
I've been waiting for a Falcon update the last 3 months. Now I'm convinced we wont see anything till Nintendo announce their next F-zero game. Maybe they're scared of Sakurai spoiling the new look or something.

Anyway I hope next up is a FE Character.
Miciah or Marth.

I'm also waiting for Megaman to pop out of nowhere.

Falcon and Gannondorf be nice to see too.

I don't know who's next. Seeing DeeDee revealed this early was unexpected. I thought he would be the last revealed.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm hoping for Isaac. Though seeing Luigi, Ness, or Marth would be nice too.

Zallipus

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing a veteran will be next, seeing as it's long overdue. As for who, I would guess Captain Falcon is the most likely one.

As for new characters, it may be a little bit before we get a new one. I couldn't possibly guess at this one, but I will say that I think if Mega Man gets in, it'll be closer to his anniversary in December. Otherwise I'm guessing someone on that poll Sakurai made will be the next new character.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
I hope its ganondorf, as It seems likely that the zelda franchise will not be represented by just two people, also I think he may have involvement in the SSE. Another thing, I wonder If ganandorf does have a completely new move set will they list him as a newcomer?

Rex+

Smash Ace
If you follow the poll results, I would have to say Ridley or Krystal would pop up next. Based on my favorites, it would have to be Megaman X or Ridley.
But, hell... where's Falcon?

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
Your heavy usage of the Caps Lock button bleeds my eyes. Anyway, I do firmly believe that the protagonist, Captain Falcon, of the F-Zero franchise will be revealed next.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Hmm....well, I think the next character announcement will be a veteran, because we're overdue for one. Luigi, Cap. Falcon, and Ganondorf are all far to important to be cut, and seeing as Luigi and Ganondorf WILL be uncloned, it's gotta be one of those three.

As far as new characters go, it looks like Sakurai is really looking at the polls. I expect Megaman, Ridley (At least as a boss), and/or Geno any day now, and possibly Krystal and Cap. Olimar, too.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon hasnt been confirmed yet because he was an unlockable. The next character will be a newcomer.

Olimar?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Most likly Luigi is next on a veteran, newcomer could be anyone's guess. I just hope it's Lip

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Why are people not realising the old unlockables arent being confimed yet?

I dont think we'll have any vets for a little while.

headbusa

Smash Cadet
Why are people not realising the old unlockables arent being confimed yet?

I dont think we'll have any vets for a little while.
agreed the vets wont be shown till closer to release they need to fill the spots in the updates for the 3 months they added to the dojo update calendar so id say the veterans will be added in the last month or month in a half.

imo next will be capt olimar

Top Bottom