• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Next?

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'd have to disagree in regards to newcomers.

We know there's vets coming around (this means Falcon lol), newcomers--I'd imagine he'd want to keep quite a few newcomers hidden, thusly I don't see the newcomer list expanding anymore (which is why I said that in the roster topic.)
Sakurai stated in his journal that he wasn't going to hold characters back, since the internet would ruin the surprise as soon as the game comes out (and possibly even before then) anyway. And hes already shown his willingness to update newcomers - Snake and Sonic are known to be such, and its pretty doubtful that King Dedede is a starter. Theres no point to assuming he'd do otherwise any longer.

Zevox

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
It won't be a veteran, but it will be a newcomer. Look on the website, there's 1 newcomer space left on the row with: Lucas, Sonic, and DDD. So who could it possibly be? C. Olimar perhaps?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It won't be a veteran, but it will be a newcomer. Look on the website, there's 1 newcomer space left on the row with: Lucas, Sonic, and DDD. So who could it possibly be? C. Olimar perhaps?
What the hell does that have to do with anything?

A new row is added when it is needed. >_>

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I know that. But there is one missing spot, most likely meaning another newcomer will be coming. Look at the veterans row, they have filled up instead of stopping at Peach and leaving a spot open. If a new row does open for the vets expect to see Luigi, C Falcon, Ness(possibly), and Jigglypuff(possibly) on that row. As for the newcomers another is coming.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
They had better have K. Rool, or else. :evil:

But seriously, they'll probably have a veteran. I mean, they don't want to use up all of their surprises.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I know that. But there is one missing spot, most likely meaning another newcomer will be coming. Look at the veterans row, they have filled up instead of stopping at Peach and leaving a spot open. If a new row does open for the vets expect to see Luigi, C Falcon, Ness(possibly), and Jigglypuff(possibly) on that row. As for the newcomers another is coming.
That means nothing. Trust me.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Veteran > Captain Falcon

then

Newcomer > Ridley

then

Smash Dojo can close.

I agree: missing spots are pretty trivial. Unless you're a perfectionist or something...
All twelve of the SSB64 characters should be back (some are Ness haters), so count on Falcon, Luigi, and Jigglypuff, probably in that order.
Newcomers? I'd rather not speculate. Ridley would be cool but awkward. I would jump out of my seat if they brought him back from the dead. Anywho...

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Ok sorry for the caps. I don't want your eyes to bleed or you wont be able to reply but I'm just sayin that it has to be a veteran charecter next up. I mean cmon when was the last time we seen a veteran charecter update? It was Ice climbers on Semptember 14th. Since then followed lucas,sonic and now king de de de? Though most the votes here have gone to falcon and ridley. I'm going to have to say It's the people who guessing the veteran's.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can see where you're going with your little theory, but it in no way proves that Sakurai is going to give us a newcomer before a veteran.

We haven't had a veteran in a while, we need one.:ohwell:

Steel Braxus

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon hasnt been confirmed yet because he was an unlockable. The next character will be a newcomer.

Olimar?
Sonic has been confirmed...he is unlockable. Snake has been confirmed...he is unlockable. Sakurai said he will unveil ALL the characters before the game comes out, so it doesn't matter if they are unlockable or not.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Sonic has been confirmed...he is unlockable. Snake has been confirmed...he is unlockable. Sakurai said he will unveil ALL the characters before the game comes out, so it doesn't matter if they are unlockable or not.
WTF!!! ALL of them?!?!?! WHY? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me at all

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Veteran: Captain Folcon or Ganon
Newcomber: Ridley, K. Rool, Geno or Mike Jone. I wish some Advance Wars Character is confirmed playable.
Third Party: Unlikely to be released soon but Bomberman or Mega Man

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
WTF!!! ALL of them?!?!?! WHY? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me at all
He stated that he'd rather have him be the first to unveil the whole roster, not some random person on the internet.

I don't see what's so bad about it. The playable characters are a very important thing to a lot of us. I'd like to know the whole roster right now. Honestly.

If so, then the row will be filled with the original 4 secret characters.
Says what? -_-

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
He stated that he'd rather have him be the first to unveil the whole roster, not some random person on the internet.

I don't see what's so bad about it. The playable characters are a very important thing to a lot of us. I'd like to know the whole roster right now. Honestly.
Well I get your point and his point too, but it kinda spoils the game doesn't it? I'm happy he's blessed us with DDD. I wonder what his next move will be

raul

Smash Lord
I'm concerned too. I got a feeling we won't get a character update for quite a while maybe 3 weeks. Remember, Dojo can be updated with assist trophy updates, stage updates, weapons updates, game play updates, video updates and so forth.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If you don't want to be spoiled, you don't have to check the site.

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
Well I get your point and his point too, but it kinda spoils the game doesn't it? I'm happy he's blessed us with DDD. I wonder what his next move will be
Maybe it spoils the game just a tiny little bit...but we're all going to find out the entire roster eventually anyway...to me the thing that would spoil the game is if they revealed how to unlock the characters

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
If you don't want to be spoiled, you don't have to check the site.
Dude....yes I do. It's my instinct to check the update everyday if not every morning.

Maybe it spoils the game just a tiny little bit...but we're all going to find out the entire roster eventually anyway...to me the thing that would spoil the game is if they revealed how to unlock the characters
I do get your point. I don't consider it much of a big deal though so let's just drop it and talk about what Sakurai will do next

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Dude....yes I do. It's my instinct to check the update everyday if not every morning.
Those instincts can be controlled. A month or go or so I was staying up until 2 every morning (that's when the site updates here.) just to see what was updated, now I just check whenever I get the chance. I don't usually stay up past 11 or 12 anymore.

Anyways, I hope Isaac is the next character to be confirmed.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Those instincts can be controlled. A month or go or so I was staying up until 2 every morning (that's when the site updates here.) just to see what was updated, now I just check whenever I get the chance. I don't usually stay up past 11 or 12 anymore.

Anyways, I hope Isaac is the next character to be confirmed.
I do control it. I don't stay up waiting for it. I check it when I awake or later at school

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Than you could control the instinct to check it. If seeing unlockable characters really bothered you that much than you would be able to control it.

I'm pretty sure that Sonic and Snake are unlockable. King Dedede I'm also pretty sure about.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Than you could control the instinct to check it. If seeing unlockable characters really bothered you that much than you would be able to control it.

I'm pretty sure that Sonic and Snake are unlockable. King Dedede I'm also pretty sure about.
As I said before it doesn't really bother me. I never heard about the Sakurai revealing all characters quote, which is probably why I acted that way.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Next... is a Veteran.

My thought is that Sakurai will now hide from us the "unlockable" characters.

raul

Smash Lord
Next... is a Veteran.

My thought is that Sakurai will now hide from us the "unlockable" characters.
We'll know them all soon enough so there will be no "hiding".

I got a feeling it's going to be another New Comer. From what gaming series? Either Star Fox, which will shed some light on the Falco/Wolf/Krystal debate or it will be Ridley from Metroid Prime to settle that debate. Just a hunce. After all, we got King Dedede to settle the debate on if he would make it or not, why not another happy ending?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Shiek is not the next veteran shown, her/his chances decrease

Top Bottom