• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Left!!!?!?!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
that's cool if you make mistakes you now know what not to do.

I play if it's not to gay.

also at POE3 there will be like half of the us ice climbers there. JKing

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Chu, Wobbles, UberIce, me, choknater, Nintendude, Trail, Peef, Smasher, AshuRawRun

Does Azn Lep still play?

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm one of the newer IC mains but I've got a longs way to go before i can match anyone here prob

smakis

Smash Ace
IC for life, wish i had enough vacation days for apex >_> (too expensive buying the tickets AND miss out on like, 5 days of work)

Binx

Smash Master
I still main ICs, actually went to a tournament recently and did pretty good against Silent Wolf, got 2-0'd in friendlies and in tourney by him but I got almost had him our first match and got him down 2 stock high percent then rest of the matches, I think I could have won a couple if I would have been more careful during my grabs.

Also cant make APEX super hard summer class johns.

Vts

Smash Champion
back from a tournament wish terrible results well for me.

1st-Wobbles!
2nd-zhu
3rd- iori
4th- kels
9-17th- Trail (don't know full placement yet)
25th- VTS

81 people

Vts

Smash Champion
I just now thought to mention it Vts but I love Nodame Cantabile :)

♪ ****s too good!!! ♪

♪ btw can i come visit you say 17th if i have off i want to learn as much as i can before fap. ♪

♪ this weekend i work and next weekend is an arkansas tournament. ♪

♪ and the 24th is fap. ♪

♪ btw pictures of when u came over. ♪

♪ idk why JF's came out freaking huge. ♪

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Dammit Vts, don't post my picture. I want another Shonic moment to happen.

Shonic: "You going to be playing ICs in tournament?"
Me: "Uhh... yeah."
Shonic: "Oh. I hope you've practiced your wobbling!"
Bluezaft: "...that is Wobbles."
Shonic: "What? No way!"

Vts

Smash Champion
Dammit Vts, don't post my picture. I want another Shonic moment to happen.

Shonic: "You going to be playing ICs in tournament?"
Me: "Uhh... yeah."
Shonic: "Oh. I hope you've practiced your wobbling!"
Bluezaft: "...that is Wobbles."
Shonic: "What? No way!"

♪ Fine then >< ♪

♪ i removed them , next tournament we go to we should swap names, would really mess with ppl. ♪

♪ yeah shonic face was like wow i'm dumb lol ♪

Finch

Smash Lord
I'm still here!

I played white mage and black mage ICs on someone's hacked melee at a tournament on saturday and it made me fall in love with the character all over again.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
VTS, I would have gotten at least 25th too had I not allowed the person I beat to go on in bracket so I could keep running the tournament.

A couple people that didn't know me asked if I was wobbles before the tournament =D

BTW, 100% IC main.

Vts

Smash Champion
VTS, I would have gotten at least 25th too had I not allowed the person I beat to go on in bracket so I could keep running the tournament.

A couple people that didn't know me asked if I was wobbles before the tournament =D

BTW, 100% IC main.
might have done better than that maybe even 13 like goose got, hell even beat ihsb who knows the match up like crazy, i played dumb vs goose could have won it , **** happens .

i'm a 100% IC main, but that doesn't mean i don't go other characters in tournament for giggles or cus i'm not playing right.

hell i'm not going to stay IC on brinstar just like what wobbles did vs iori i would change character.

not saying your bad or anything just little bit different from what i was excepting when meeting you in person.

also heard from a lot of people you only practice the chain grabs while i on the other hand practice the gimps and solo popo with chain grabs here and there but mostly looking for desync.

different play styles, i refused to wobble in my pools i wobbled 2 times that tournament neither getting me a kill for i see it as a cheap way to win that i don't enjoy and neither does my opponent.

i've taught almost everyone in arkansas the IC match up since its really easy to beat the grabbing people like yourself.

I'm good because i can combo with out grabs and can gimp but i still can get damage/ kill if the person doesn't know how to escape from grabs fast, or gets chained grab by me.

I'm trying to push away from chain grabs to show people that not only are IC good with grabs but we have combos also.

Your play style might be more reliable, but mine is the one that people look at and say o he is skilled with his character w/o chain grabs.

Not saying i don't chain grab i just look for other options that would be flasher you could say.

since you wanted to learn stuff w/o grabs or combos out of grab beside hand off or chaingrab try different aerials.

work on your solo popo, against people who know the match up you will lose your nana a lot. play smart your solo popo is about as good as a mario but slighty worse.

you don't have to take this advice but i use to play just like you, would only go for grabs and get the chain grab, leading away from it made me a better player. look at wobbles he knows the chaingrabs he also knows other stuff like combos its why he is better than both of us. He's smart of when he uses them and how to get into them.

with combos on your side it gives you more options combos into grabs come a lot when your trying different approaches and tech chasing.

please don't take what i said in the wrong way, i believe you have so much potential but what you always practice isn't what your asking yourself for.

winning in enjoyable , but isn't as enjoyable when you get an awesome combo instead of a chain grab or handoff.

I went to a tournament weekend before POE and got 4th. Stop reading if you don't want to hear about the tournament!

my pool was easy got 2nd , lost to pikachad

first match was ambix a old smasher who plays peach (beat ihsb later in loser) was close matches but i won and the only reason why i won was due to my solo popo, he wrecked my nana a lot so i relied on my sopo skill and won.

next match was kyo an amazing falcon player who was playing bad, came down last hit, i avoided his grab and d-smashed and won, once again he knew the match up and i almost never got a grab.

then faced iori the end lol, he ***** me but he's to good.

then had to face moogle who 4 and 3 stocked me last tournament, first match i beat his peach then he switched to sheik, i lost, then last match sheik vs IC it was terrible start, i suicide, last that match i suicide again.
stock count now was him 30-50% 3 stock, me 1 stock 0%. i kill his stock, gimp him then lose nana. 1 stock to his 1 stock 0%. i chain grabbed him til 40-50% then hit him off he recovers (he's tricky couldn't get the gimp) so i up-air (land on platform) bair and bair him again, grab the ledge and won.

if i didn't have my sopo skill it would have been an easy win.

then choked vs nite the end.

dear jesus this is a long post.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
LOL VTS it is a big rumor that I do nothing but practice chaingrabs.

My movement and "other moves" are on par with most IC's at my level, but my grab game is top tier, so people think that it is all I can do.

My entire playstyle is based on punishing spacing and getting grabs vs most characters. I don't need to have godly approaches. Really the IC's don't need to approach much.

You said you almost never got a grab vs Kyo's Falcon. That honestly shouldn't be the case. Getting grabs on Falcon really isn't that hard. Keep in mind I have played many many notable Falcons, including most recently RockCrawkz. Dash attack, uair, utilt, and nair are all great at intercepting approaches and they combo into grab. They really aren't that hard to hit vs Falcon when you focus on punishing spacing.

Vs Fox I need a better neutral game, mostly just spacing punishes. It seems much harder to punish Fox spacing. Maybe there is a better way to play that one.

I honestly think the core idea of punish spacing + getting grabs is the most productive way to play ICs. I think that this is what Fly Amanita does, and I am almost certain that when Wobbles is playing to win, this is what he does as well. Zhu literally said "Wobbles is just too good at punishing spacing and grabbing people to win."

Other playstyles (Chu-style) might work as well, but I think that punish spacing+get grabs is the most efficient way to play ICs.

Vts

Smash Champion
LOL VTS it is a big rumor that I do nothing but practice chaingrabs.

My movement and "other moves" are on par with most IC's at my level, but my grab game is top tier, so people think that it is all I can do.

My entire playstyle is based on punishing spacing and getting grabs vs most characters. I don't need to have godly approaches. Really the IC's don't need to approach much.

You said you almost never got a grab vs Kyo's Falcon. That honestly shouldn't be the case. Getting grabs on Falcon really isn't that hard. Keep in mind I have played many many notable Falcons, including most recently RockCrawkz. Dash attack, uair, utilt, and nair are all great at intercepting approaches and they combo into grab. They really aren't that hard to hit vs Falcon when you focus on punishing spacing.

Vs Fox I need a better neutral game, mostly just spacing punishes. It seems much harder to punish Fox spacing. Maybe there is a better way to play that one.

I honestly think the core idea of punish spacing + getting grabs is the most productive way to play ICs. I think that this is what Fly Amanita does, and I am almost certain that when Wobbles is playing to win, this is what he does as well. Zhu literally said "Wobbles is just too good at punishing spacing and grabbing people to win."

Other playstyles (Chu-style) might work as well, but I think that punish spacing+get grabs is the most efficient way to play ICs.
♪ Right , but i was going of what i heard i haven't seen vids or watch you at POE so all i know of ur play style is what people say. ♫

♪ now grabbing falcon isn't the problem its grabbing a person that knows the match up and is better than you over all, kyo's been playing 2 years longer than me gets to play with iori who taught him a lot of match ups and characters, kyo's really good at spacing and playing smart since iori pounded it into his brain. ♫

♪ fox and falco's are easy unless they are know the match up then it gets iffy iffy, kels beating wobbles in winners, the question is would wobble have won if he didn't wobble? cus they were close matches with wobbling. (some what). ♫

♪ if a fox is pressuring you with shine nair or good spacing try turning around and when hit on your shield di away jump out bair or light shield away into a wd grab, he wants you to roll so he can get a move in. also matters who the fox is and if they are good at gimping nana or avoiding grabs (kels). ♫

♪ Zhu doesn't know the match up he tried to learn it fast. i believe Zhu was hopping for kels to beat wobbles again. ♫

♪ and chudat's style is very different from wobbles, less technical but more of reading the opponent and learning there habits fast and punishing it. ♫

♪ u should try to come to FAP in AL on the 25th big midsouth tournament if you want to see how well your IC will do. (probably really well since most people don't know the match up) i'll be there and i might be the only IC player so i'll try to rep us. ♫

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I don't believe in strategies that revolve around grab. I think that by playing a strong standard neutral game you will get the grabs just by being a good player and knowing when exactly you are in a good position to grab. This is what Chu does for the most part and that's why he gets more grabs than the rest of us.

By the way PEEF do you have any vids of yourself from POE3 or another recent tourney? Because in all the videos I've seen of you I cringed at how weak your game was (and how bad your opponent was), and you've been tooting your own horn a lot recently.

Top Bottom