• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's gonna KEEP/PLAY SSBM even after they get SSBB?

SSBBRAWLIN

Smash Apprentice
I sure am. That way I can play as a character from Melee that didn't make the Brawl cut and for fun. (Even though Brawl will be way better) :p

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Melee wil alaywas be a good title... its legendary.

Even if when i turn 50, i know ill have some good memories playing it.

sir bert leaman

Smash Rookie
I still have the first Smash and will continue to keep them. It's good to remember what has been as a guide to what will be in the future. Plus, the Smash series has it's own nostalga now that it's been alive for so long. So to answer your question, yes. I will play Melee from time to time, even after Brawls release, just to take note of what Melee did for Smash as a series and to remember all the fun it has brought me for the past 7-ish years. I hope Brawl will have the same lasting appeal and last me until Smash 4.

Vro

Smash Lord
As much as Brawl sucks huge donkey balls, yes.
It's WAY too early to say that. Enjoy that game for what it is; advanced techniques have yet to come. Wavedashing wasn't discovered until 4 or so years after the release. Don't be hasty.

SSBBRAWLIN

Smash Apprentice
Melee wil alaywas be a good title... its legendary.

Even if when i turn 50, i know ill have some good memories playing it.
Melee will never leave my hands. EVER:)

I still have the first Smash and will continue to keep them. It's good to remember what has been as a guide to what will be in the future. Plus, the Smash series has it's own nostalga now that it's been alive for so long. So to answer your question, yes. I will play Melee from time to time, even after Brawls release, just to take note of what Melee did for Smash as a series and to remember all the fun it has brought me for the past 7-ish years. I hope Brawl will have the same lasting appeal and last me until Smash 4.
Those were the good times

SSBBRAWLIN

Smash Apprentice
It's WAY too early to say that. Enjoy that game for what it is; advanced techniques have yet to come. Wavedashing wasn't discovered until 4 or so years after the release. Don't be hasty.
4 YEARS?!?! THAT'S A PRETTY LONG TIME

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I don't think you've watched the videos or talked to people who've played the game. It sucks. I went from SSB64 to Melee and was like, "Wow, this game is fun." Going from Melee/SSB64 to Brawl is like,"Wow, this is a truckload of failure."

DumHonkey

Smash Cadet
I don't think you've watched the videos or talked to people who've played the game. It sucks. I went from SSB64 to Melee and was like, "Wow, this game is fun." Going from Melee/SSB64 to Brawl is like,"Wow, this is a truckload of failure."

Someone should read their signature.

I find it funny that people complain about a game they haven't played yet.

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
I dunno, from the way Brawl is shaping up, I'll have no need. They removed extra characters, remixed some that returned, brought back a bunch of the old levels...

I'll keep the game, but I'll for sure be playing Brawl primarily from release on.

SSBBRAWLIN

Smash Apprentice
Actually wavedashing was discovered on April 3rd 2002 by ToadBanjoConker, about 6 months or so after melee came out.

I'll still play melee after brawl comes out, but i'll probably play that more than melee.
Wow, 6 months is still a long time. But it's better than 4 years

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
Sucks in the way your mom did to me last night everlasting yayuhzz ?

Couldn't resist.

Anyway you can't talk about the game till you play it. I'm sure it will be awsome

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I haven't touched 64 in forever, so no. Only maybe for the sake of nostalgia of the old ones years down the road.

Equinox076

Smash Apprentice
People are always going to play older games in a videogame series, purely for nostalgic value.
thats what vc is for, isnt it?

anyway, when I get brawl, I probably wont play melee for at least 6 months.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Sucks in the way your mom did to me last night everlasting yayuhzz ?
Even though it was even directed at me, it's still offensive. Just keep it clean.

But if it's an inside joke, I understand.

If not though, **** you

D

Deleted member

Well I didn't like Melee so I've stuck with Smash 64 all these years and I'm still loving it... I haven't played Melee in years but I play the N64 one daily. :) So I don't see why a Melee fan couldn't do the same.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
I don't know if I personally will continue to play melee but I'm sure a lot of others will. People still play the original Smash bros. game and it came out in 1998. Most people will play Brawl more than melee, but there will still be those that remember how much fun they had in Melee.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
Probably about 2 or so years after Brawl comes out, I'll have the strange urge to go back and unlock everything on Melee again, using a different memory card.

I had that freakish desire about 2 years after Melee came out, so yeah.. I'm sure I'll still play Melee and 64.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I had that freakish desire about 2 years after Melee came out, so yeah.. I'm sure I'll still play Melee and 64.
I did that two or three times. Mewtwo was the only thing I ever dreaded unlocking, everything else was enjoyable. I mean, 20 hours or all the matches aren't THAT bad, when you are playing through the game specifically to unlock things... it's long.

And I tend to keep every game I buy until it does not work anymore, and heck, I still have two copies of F-Zero GX, one doesn't work (the disk is cracked, brothers were playing it in their room and somehow a chair rolled over the disk. Needless to say they no longer play my games)

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, Melee is old. I know SSB64 is old but, but I thought Melee was quite recent...

But **** me it's old! I've been playing it for almost six years!

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I still have two copies of F-Zero GX, one doesn't work (the disk is cracked, brothers were playing it in their room and somehow a chair rolled over the disk. Needless to say they no longer play my games)
My friend lent his copy of F-Zero GX to our other friend. Next day, we find the disc in the front garden with a huge scratch on it. It would not work afterwards, and we never lent him another game.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Melee still rocks, it's legendary. I'm sure new technical players will see the prequel to Brawl and say "Hmm, I've never tried this. I wonder...", see Melee and feel like the origins of Brawl are richer than ever. Besides, there's things you unlock by having a save file of Melee in you Wii when playing Brawl.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
sum1 shuld reed dere signerture!! LoLz! I R FUNNIE!

The game sucks.
The reason people 'talk' like that to you is because your garbage posts merit no serious response.

As for the topic, I don't even own the Wii I play it on (it's one my roommate's, although he almost never plays video games), so I'm going to trade in my copy for whatever credit/cash I can get for it and use it to buy some random used game I've been wanting to play. Or I might use it to help my roommate pay for some of the cost of Brawl since I'll be playing it more than anyone else.

Top Bottom