• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's a good doubles partner for Pika?

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
Well, my brother loves playing doubles and im starting to get a feel for pika, hes just so darn adorable and i love his ability to approach by using QAC. So, i was wondering who a good doubles partner for pika would be. My brother's better characters are Lucas and Yoshi.His best is Lucas though. I was wondering if Lucas was a good partner for Pika, like in actual competitive doubles where friendly fire is on. Would lucas be a good partner cuz pika can heal him or would he be a bad one ? :ohwell: Discuz

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Mr. Game & Watch is the best friend of ANYONE with projectiles. An Oil Panic of 3 aerial thunder jolts will kill ANYONE from 0%. Also, he has tons of quick, upwards-sending attacks for thunder combos.

Otherwise, Captain Falcon. Chaingrab into Falcon Punch is the best combo EVER. EVER.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
hmm... lucas is ok, but the problem is that he lacks close combat ability against stronger players... I don't think lucas + pikachu will be a good matchup against marth+marth or MK + MK - I don't think you'd have enough time to use the healing potential.

G&W definitely gets my vote because he can already fend for himself in most matchups, but he has 2 very good combos with pikachu on the team. The first is of course the bucket - 3 thunderjolts and you can instakill one enemy. All of G&W's moves clear pretty well, allowing time for bucketing. The second is actually his uair - G&W can keep his opponent in the air, perfect for a thunderbolt, and pikachu with QAC can thunderbolt anywhere on the stage relatively quickly.

Second prize goes to Rob. Rob's dsmash is like pikachu's dsmash, except its slightly faster and he has no thunder to finish off (hence, the pikachu). Rob is also a very strong character that can hold his own, and has useful projectiles.

BossMagnet

Smash Apprentice
Don't think of it entirely in terms of character.

A good doubles partner would be someone who keeps their opponents high in the air, or someone who grab>jabs alot.

This kind of teamwork connects with a pikachu player the most.

Witty Board Name

Smash Cadet
Another Pikachu can be confusing/devastating to the other team. Both Pika's can projectile their enemies, killing a ground approach. Plus, two quick enemies flying across the stage can really work in your favor.

gallax

Smash Hero
not gonna lie...two pika's at once. aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Generally, a good doubles partner would be one who compliments any shortfalls of Pikachu. Pikachu tends to be killable at low percents, so a heavier character may be best for doubles. I wouldn't recommend Snake as a partner, I may be completely wrong, or just don't play enough doubles matches but Snake generally takes control of the stage with mines and the odd missile. Pikachu is all over the place in a match and is more likely to hit a mine.

Marth is a defiantly a good partner, possibly Ike as long as he keeps that sword to himself.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Really I see a heavier character doing well, but if you only had those to work just try those match-ups and see where it takes you.

gallax

Smash Hero
my friend is amazing with snake. i always watch where he places c4/mines and whatnot. he can kill better than pikachu at lower percentages. sometimes i will grab a charcter over the c4 knowing that they will die and i wont. we have excellent chemistry though so it's a lot easier for us to work together. for you i would recommend G&W or marth.

cecil777

Smash Rookie
does anyone else think pika's down smash plus dedede's mech hammer would be funny? i think it would be hilarious. i DO think lucas could combo well with pikachu, though. do some practice sessions with different characters you both like and see what works. that's what me and my brother did. we did normal pairs (ike and marth) that worked well, but we also did odd pairs (wario and meta knight) that worked well too.
by the way, my brother was ike and wario. those are some of his favorite characters. i wish he would stop saying "i fight for my friends" every time he wins, though...

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, pick the G&W. It says you are a G&W main anyway. There is so much pwn to be had with that combo. You miss out on the KO power of the heavier characters, but seriously, you can one-hit KO someone with 2 non-sweetspotted thunders and a neutral B jolt in the bucket. Pikachu can be KO'd at low % yes, but Chu also has an amazing recovery.

flyingpork002

Smash Apprentice
definetly two pikas, my pokedex said that when you get alot of pikachus together, WATCH OUT! :0, because they can start lightning storms

gantrain05

Smash Master
i find 3 good combos with pika are lucas, zelda, or wolf, as i play with all the characters and as do my friends, it is a team that is rarely defeated.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm not sure whats better, two pikas all over the place (confusing!) or g&w with teh bucket and well g&w is **** anyways. Snake is definitely a good team up but you both need to have very good teamwork to stay together and not kill each other.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I team with an ike and it works strangely well, i usually go for the offense and he is defensive, so i can knock them into his f-smash or bair and have smashing results. Also, wolf seems to work well too.

gantrain05

Smash Master
pika and zelda work well for me, dsmash works well to hold em for any one of zeldas excellent k.o. moves. and both can camp pretty well with their projectiles.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Game and Watch definatley if you want free bucket kills at 0% and G&W uair into thiunder nonsense

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
A lot depends on whether or not you play with team attack on. If it's on, then you have the advantages of PK magnets and the bucket, but if it's off, you get to dsmash or fthrow into any power character's kill move (Ike fsmash, DK punch, etc...), as well as an easier time with both people projectile spamming.

EDIT: do reflectors still increase damage of projectiles? if so, then you can spam thunder jolt into a fox or wolf and have it reflect back stronger, dodging it yourself of course.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Double Pikachu is pretty bad imo, you want to team with a character that has lots of kill moves. GaW, Snake, Wario, pretty much anyone that can kill at low percents. Pikachu is really good at racking up damage with his multiple hit moves, but not so much when it comes to killing your opponent. Which is why he ***** in teams so much. :)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Snake is a good partner to anyone. Snake plus a lvl 9 cpu is better than any team without snake and two humans. fact.

One of Pikachu's best partners is Ness. One thunder heals ness for like 35% damage. Ness will never, ever die if you're spamming that move and Ness stays in the air.

if you want a REALLY cheap auto win, pick corneria, go pikachu and team with lucas or ness. Anyone you want to heal tell your partner to run to the otherside of the stage and go heal him there. Or anytime your opponents are seperated and you guys are together. It's such a big state that opportunity comes up a lot. . It's dirty, but if the opponent uses snake or dedede or something, they deserve it =P

Top Bottom