• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 - Melee October 19-20th (M2K Confirmed), 2013 - October 19th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I will be bringing a full setup for P:M. Should I check the side event I plan on entering on the registration site if it will be free, or just let you know on here?

To confirm, the only two side events eligible for free entry are Brawl Mid-Tier 1v1 and Low-Tier 2v2, correct?

Last question, do spectators have to pay the venue fee since the would only be coming to watch and not entering any events?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I will be bringing a full setup for P:M. Should I check the side event I plan on entering on the registration site if it will be free, or just let you know on here?

To confirm, the only two side events eligible for free entry are Brawl Mid-Tier 1v1 and Low-Tier 2v2, correct?

Last question, do spectators have to pay the venue fee since the would only be coming to watch and not entering any events?

Appreciate you bringing your setup. You can let us know there or when you register online for venue. As far as eligible for free entry thats something you have to take up with xyro. He could better answer that question than I can. For specators everyone that enters whobo is required to have a wristband so they will have to pay.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Today is the last day to register online for WHOBO 5. You have 6 hours to take care of this. Yes you can register AT the event but the venue fee will jump. I recommend that if you are low on money at the moment, pay for the venue fee now and sign up for 1vs1/2vs2/side events at the door (those fees wont rise). You can register for WHOBO 5 here http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo5

To prevent any registration problems, please bring your confirmation email/receipt. If you are paying for someone else, definitely bring it so that if there are issues with registration it wont screw over the person you paid for. Trust me on this, you are gonna wanna bringa thisa.

If you are in need of free or mega cheap housing housing, please make a post in the Houston thread http://smashboards.com/threads/houston-thread-whobo-5-mk-banned-october-19-20th-2013.142123/ the WHOBO FaceBookgroup https://www.facebook.com/events/384791671639249/ the official WHOBO 5 thread http://smashboards.com/threads/whob...tx-500-pot-bonus-bomber-vs-tx-1000-mm.336437/or maybe even the AiB page http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14183 because Sync and Esca are willing to help house people. You might be able split hotel rooms with other players as well. Just ask.

One last thing and ill leave you alone. Please bring a full set-up to WHOBO 5. Wii/n64/tv/ssb64/ssbb/ssbm we need them all. Whether this event has 5 people or 500, the speed of an event is determined by the number of set-ups available. If we have a low amount of set-ups, i will not allow friendlies the entire weekend because the event progress is more important that you doing friendlies/MMs. If you want friendlies/MM time, please help me out by bringing set-ups.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whobo 5 Melee Schedule Announcement: This is the breakdown for the whobo 5 melee schedule. Please bring full setups cause it will be needed to make the tournament run smooth and fast. Sunday is Top 8 and after Top 8 will be a money match party so I highly suggest you bring extra money. Any questions let me know and im looking forward to seeing everyone Oct 19-20!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Oct 19/Times:10am - 1am (Saturday) - Venue opens at 10am and will start the events at 12 noon. If you are late you will be DQed (No Exceptions) so be on time.

(Times)

1vs1 - 12 noon
2vs2 - 1:00 pm
1vs1 Low Tier - 2:00 pm

If everyone wants to add more tournaments I will be open to this like crew battles for example.

Oct 20/Times:11am - 12midnight (Sunday) - Venue opens at 11am and will start Top 8 at 12 noon. If you are late you will be DQed (No Exceptions) so be on time.

Top 8 for all games including Brawl/Melee/Project M/64!

Brackets - Will be posted on challonge.com and will post the bracket link once created.

Livestream - Will be provided Clay Kibler at www.twitch.tv/texasmelee

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whobo 5 Announcement (2 Day Only Registration Is Extended): I get on my FB account and I see that my PM box has been getting bodied all day by people asking me to extend Whobo 5 registration. After checking on a few things I can go ahead and confirm that I will extend registration for Whobo 5. I can only give everyone 2 extra days so this means that online Whobo 5 registration will END at 12:01am central time on Oct 12th. I hope that giving everyone 2 extra days (Thursday the 10th/Friday the 11th) is enough because it is all I can do. Visit www.tysseries.com/whobo5 to register!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whobo 5 (Final Announcement): With only a few days away I hope everyone is trained and sharp before combat begins. This will be the last installment to the Whobo series so you don't want to miss this cause we are going out with a bang. If you have any questions or concerns PM me or contact Xyro at 409-692-0697. Lets get hype and see everyone Oct 19-20!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# 1: BE ON TIME! Venue opens at 10am/Sat and 11am/Sun. You will be DQed if you do not show up for your match. We have 9 events to get done in 2 days so lets stay organized and on schedule!

# 2: Full Setups - Bring whatever you can bring to make the tournament run fast. We will need tv's/wii's/gamecubes/64/all games. The more setups we have the faster the tournament will be ran so everyone can get to friendlies/money matches!

# 3: Bring Extra Money - It will be needed for Money matches and buying Food/Whobo 5 collectibles!

# 4: Whobo 5 Collectibles - Whobo 5 collectibles will be on sale which includes posters and custom controller bags so when you get your wristband from me let me know what you want and ill take care of you. For those of you who are buying posters I will have some permanent markers available so you can have your friends and players sign them for memory's.

# 5: Bring Exact Change - Accepting $1's, $5's and $10's. ATM is available downstairs if needed!

# 6: Pre-Register Paypal Confirmation - In order for you to receive your wristband and enter any of the events we will have to see a receipt from paypal either printed out or pull it up on your phone. Everyone that has paid should have received a confirmation email from paypal letting you know what you paid for. If you have not received an email, contact your payment provider and paypal to make sure the transaction went through. Pm me if you have any questions or concerns. It is also a requirement that everyone purchase a wristband in order to enter the Whobo 5 area. Security will be enforced and there will be no exceptions!

# 7: Cash Payouts/Pot Bonus/Prizes - All champions that place after all the events are over will be paid in cash only. 1st place winners will receive additional prizes!

# 8: Money Matches - All money will be collected up front to ensure nobody's time is wasted. If you are confirmed for a match and do not have the money your spot will be filled with someone who does. For the Main Event Bomber Vs 5 Players for $1000 I have a waiting list of opponents that want to play bomber for $200 each. If a person on the confirmed 5 list does not have the money he will be replaced with the next person on the waiting list. If you want to play someone for high stakes let us know!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Hey guys listen, Vinnie is missing two controllers (both were either stolen or taken by accident). One of them was white but painted Orange. It was taken Sunday night around the same time or just after he won Brawl Singles. If anyone has it, send me a private message and maybe a screenshot with the controller so I can have it returned to him. There will be a cash reward if you find it.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys listen, Vinnie is missing two controllers (both were either stolen or taken by accident). One of them was white but painted Orange. It was taken Sunday night around the same time or just after he won Brawl Singles. If anyone has it, send me a private message and maybe a screenshot with the controller so I can have it returned to him. There will be a cash reward if you find it.
You should post this on the Brawl WHOBO thread as well. Hope you guys find them.

Top Bottom