• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whobby 2008: Ike's Speed

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Your analysis is based on nothing but the fact that he's slow. Granted, that's pretty ****ing evidence, but, we haven't actually played the game yet. Certainly not extensively.

Sakurai, it seems, did try to make slower characters more viable this go around. Let's wait and see if he's done that to any degree of success. Not that I'm saying he has, or otherwise.

I believe those impressions are a gross exaggeration of Ike's buffs (Especially the speed). Marth's and Roy's physical mobility and attack speed are very similar (Fast in general). Ike's speed is not that fast, for it would become extremely unbalanced. I know people are going to use the demo as an excuse, but the people who played with him at WHooby say the same thing. He's a slow powerful tank.

Face it guys, he is extremely slow. You can't get the best of both worlds.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
How Ike will do at each stage(imo):

n00b stage(you know none of the advanced technicals things): Ike will be one of the best. n00bs only use smashes and other stupid attacks, and little mindgames are used at this stage so Ike will be very good. I remember the days when i would just charge a smash and hope someone would walk into it. Trust me, Ike will be popular with the n00bs because he is powerful and at this stage spamming smashes works.

Advanced stage(use all advanced technicals and are good at the game): Ike will be mid tier at this stage. Not having mastered all the advanced stuff, your opponent will still make many mistakes and Ike is great on destroying you for making mistakes.

Pro stage(a master in brawl, mastered all the technicals): Ike will be one of, if not the worst in the game. Ike just is not fast enough for a pro player. Faster characters will be able to dance around him and beat him up and down. Think of Bowser vs Fox, a pro fox would not even let the bowser get an attack in there. Thats not even counting Ike's bad recovery...

Just my thoughts on Ike so far....

Redragon

You make me lol

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
I believe those impressions are a gross exaggeration of Ike's buffs (Especially the speed). Marth's and Roy's physical mobility and attack speed are very similar (Fast in general). Ike's speed is not that fast, for it would become extremely unbalanced. I know people are going to use the demo as an excuse, but the people who played with him at WHooby say the same thing. He's a slow powerful tank.

Face it guys, he is extremely slow. You can't get the best of both worlds.
You're...not talking to me, are you? Because I didn't say he wasn't slow.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
heh.....yeah fox vs bowser in ssbm was a slaughter......but gimpy made it work...right

and all the top tier characters were broken....yes they were, fox had the best of both worlds

and im sure ike could be good at a pro stg....(i wish i knew ikes grabs though) and if not then i will try, and if it cant be done ill let u know.

everyone who enters ike forums should already know that ike is slow, and if they dont knoe that

IKE IS THE SLOWEST ATACKER IN THE GAME

thats were he is slow, his running speed is average maybe a tiny bit slower

but combined with his range, and results i think its worth it and depending on how much his regular A atk (not AA or AAA just A) stuns them it could become spammable, and thats one quick move, quick draw, uair is decent, and his grabs and no im not trying to prove hes fast, i already know hes slow

and if people r trying to justify his speed then when brawl comes out we know whos gona be disapointed...

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
You guys seen the new gameplay video on Brawl Central? Ike looks A LOT faster than reported, even his aerials seem to come out at a decent speed. He was wrecking shop too, especially the F-Air + F-Tilt to Great Aether combo on Mario and Zelda simultaneously.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
The dev battle on the Japanese dojo had one of them playing Ike, and he looked pretty good, but take that as you will. He short hopped his f-air at least twice or I'm just delerius(sp) because its so late, and it, from what I saw, came out pretty fast(I believe that was one of his worst aerials at e4a but don't quote me on that). You also get to see Kirby's Ike hat for you Kirby fans. Just watch it and think for yourself.~

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/movies/...This=true&TB_iframe=true&height=300&width=430

Top Bottom