• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would you want, Takamaru or Sukapon?

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
But they're not one character, are they?

Hammers: Ice Climbers [Check]
Oh wait, why the f*ck is Dedede there?!
Since when did hammers make the IC's unique? More like they were because there were two of them. So that doesnt really work :/

I still stand by my original argument saying sukapon is a lot more unique than Takamaru, and has a lot more "WTF" value. He would be like the Game and watch of brawl, and his moveset would be completely different than any other character.

And because Sakurai is favoring characters like PT and Olimar, that play a lot differently from the other characters, I think this also helps Sukapon as his physics would be crazy and it would be easy to fill an original moveset for him.

Retro characters are one thing, but Japan only retro characters are another. I strongly believe we will gte one of the two, Sakurai even said Japan only characters were going to be very limited.

EDIT:

Watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Yl10zrWoc

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
Sukapon would awesome, but Sakurai made it VERY clear that he hates him, stating that Sukapon will NOT appear in the series aslong as he's on the job. Plus, Takamaru's a lot more popular.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Since when did hammers make the IC's unique? More like they were because there were two of them. So that doesnt really work :/

I still stand by my original argument saying sukapon is a lot more unique than Takamaru, and has a lot more "WTF" value. He would be like the Game and watch of brawl, and his moveset would be completely different than any other character.

And because Sakurai is favoring characters like PT and Olimar, that play a lot differently from the other characters, I think this also helps Sukapon as his physics would be crazy and it would be easy to fill an original moveset for him.

Retro characters are one thing, but Japan only retro characters are another. I strongly believe we will gte one of the two, Sakurai even said Japan only characters were going to be very limited.

EDIT:

Watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Yl10zrWoc
he said that he wouldn't put too much emphisis on japan only characters. and 3/40-50=/= putting too much emphisis on.

and if you insist on the fact that only one of them will get in, then you're pretty much screwed, since takamaru has a much larger chance than sukapon.

but once again, they both CAN be in. it's not like adding one more JOR will be the end of the universe.

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
Sukapon would awesome, but Sakurai made it VERY clear that he hates him, stating that Sukapon will NOT appear in the series aslong as he's on the job. Plus, Takamaru's a lot more popular.
Hey uh im JW where did you hear this?

Because he never said that. There would be no point to having a support thread, and him in MANY people sigs if he ever said that.

Ive read before they tried to put sukapon in melee but the physics were too unwieldy and they were rushed (like with every other character). Is this true? I dont know, but I did read it off these forums

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Because he never said that. There would be no point to having a support thread, and him in MANY people sigs if he ever said that.

Ive read before they tried to put sukapon in melee but the physics were too unwieldy and they were rushed (like with every other character). Is this true? I dont know, but I did read it off these forums
sorta. In a melee questionare,(after melee was released) about 2 of the comments were complaining why sukapon wasn't in, and sakurai said that they had much difficulty, and to not expect him in a future smash game.

but take it with a grain of salt.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think Sakurai should just put both Sukapon and Takamaru. Him, and Rainman as well. I think Retro characters are cool, but as long as they don't take away from possible good character spots like Megaman or Ness or Alex Rovias.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I very much want Skapon in Brawl, but I believe Takamaru will get in over him.

Atleast I'll still get Ridley...

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
This is a joke. The OP just felt like bashing Takamaru for some reason.

I personally like both characters and don't see why they both can't get in.

As awesome as Skapon is though, I must admit he wouldn't bring much of anything new to the series. At the very least Takamaru can bring an interesting spin on swordusers despite what some ignorant posters state claiming he's generic.

Both for Brawl.

Pulse

Smash Apprentice

He did say it, in the same text where he said that his physics were too unwieldy. He said that we should not expect to see him in the future. I'm not exactly happy about it either, okay?

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Both look cool, I would like to see them both as playable. I want lots of obscure, classic WTF characters. Even if they have to be Japan only, god forbid the rest of the world recognize important classics. Besides, being in Brawl means something significant for a classic character: their game may be remade for Virtual Console. As proven with Sin and Punishment, it won't kill them to translate it, either.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This is a joke. The OP just felt like bashing Takamaru for some reason.

I personally like both characters and don't see why they both can't get in.

As awesome as Skapon is though, I must admit he wouldn't bring much of anything new to the series. At the very least Takamaru can bring an interesting spin on swordusers despite what some ignorant posters state claiming he's generic.

Both for Brawl.
Thank you.

D

Deleted member

So what if they're Japanese only?

Big whoop?
Who gives a doodle?
Yaba gaba hey!

At least 3 more should get in because they all have the potential.

Claus
Takamaru
and Sukapon.

They scored a good number of mentions to Sakurai to be in Brawl. They're all unique, original and can each have a great moveset.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While I am interested on seeing both of them in the game, I prefer Takamaru, because he seems to have that distinctive Japanese appearance that the roster seems to lack. Plus, he is a ronin, which would give a little variety among the other swordsmen.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
all you fools who think that sword = generic moveset...look at whats in front of you...if you think Takamaru will be buttseckz spawn of Mitsurugi and Kenshin your wrong...Samurai's had to be very skilled in the martial arts of Judo and adept with a bow, a spear, AND a sword...he is also very good with throwing knives, fire magic, and lightning magic...he can also make himself temporarily disappear....

Sukapon and Takamaru are equally unique...its just that Sukapon looks more unique than Taka because he's a very badass robot with no real limbs...

really the uniqueness is really up to the person who makes their moveset....I can give you a really generic Taka moveset or a really original one...the same goes for Sukapon...

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
Well hearing that Sakurai disticly said "Dont expect to see him (Sukapon) in future games" Sort of kills my enthusiasm. thankyou for further educating me on Takamaru though

Top Bottom