• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would be revealed in a Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Based on a lot of the Zelda stuff shown lately, I think Ghirahim could have a chance. He'd be a perfect contender for Smash to say the least. Tingle could too I guess, but he kind of creeps me out. :eek:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Looooool i can see it now...if there is a direct but its no smash news in it or just a veteran people are gonna be so upset looooooool sorry....i dunno.....its as funny as it is cruel..........on a more serious note MK8 needs to release now....May30 is a joke.....

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's just an attempt of Humor, but really, both Prowl and Goku won't be in
Ok.

Although I feel like it kinda falls flat when people don't know the character and think it's just some obscure Nintendo character.

More to the point, all the Zelda related news could mean a Ganondorf reveal rather than Ghirahim or Tingle.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Eh....imo it is

1.Takamaru
2. Palutena (extremly close second...praticly joint 1st)
3. Chrom
4. Shulk
5. Mii
I dont expect no one else....
I was thinking Takamaru at first, but I've strayed a bit.
He makes a ton of sense though.
Ridley is better for E3, but April is a Metroid anniversary.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Any newcomer will be exciting for me, and some veterans too. We have seen a lot of Zelda items recently, not sure if that hints at anything though.

Also, Little Mac doesn't seem to be appearing in a lot of the screenshots. When Rosalina was confirmed we had a ton of pictures with her, I thought.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Any newcomer will be exciting for me, and some veterans too. We have seen a lot of Zelda items recently, not sure if that hints at anything though.

Also, Little Mac doesn't seem to be appearing in a lot of the screenshots. When Rosalina was confirmed we had a ton of pictures with her, I thought.
It's probably because Little Mac doesn't have any cosmos to show off.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Im actually more excited to see some vets back than newcomers either to see them in Juicy HD

Falcon
PKMN Trainer

Or to hopefuly see that they are revamped and in HD !!

Ganondorf
Mewtwo

These would excite me more than any newcomer that is not Ridley/Kamek/K.Rool but yh my opnion.

Everyone else that is super expected im not big fans or havent played any of there games so i dont really care but i do not oppose them or hate there inclusion.

Palutena
Chrom
Takamaru
Shulk

But who i rather not see

Krystal
Mii

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
On the subject of Miis:

Mii wouldn't generate hype here in this community(at least not straight away), but you can bet a lot of casual Nintendo fans will suddenly gain interest for the game when they're included.

Regardless; any and ALL newcomers will generate hype because a newcomer is a newcomer, and newcomers=instant hype.

Rosalina was hardly wanted by anyone prior to her reveal; she had fans yes, but hardly anyone thought she'd generate the same sort of hype someone like Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario would. Look what happened, hardly anyone's bothered Jr. missed out and Rosalina's suddenly the only obvious Mario newcomer choice that we should all have seen coming.
Likewise Wii Fit Trainer should have barely caused even a tiny ripple of hype because she's not exactly a character anyone cared about. But hey; she's suddenly great because she's in Smash.

Calling this now; when Mii inevitably gets revealed half this community will get hyped, because that's just the way most the community are.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Eh....imo it is

1.Takamaru
2. Palutena (extremly close second...praticly joint 1st)
3. Chrom
4. Shulk
5. Mii
I dont expect no one else....
I agree with this list, but I'd only nitpick about Mii. I was thinking that he'd be an E3 guy. I'd honestly put Krystal or Toon Zelda/Tetra in Mii's place if I made a prediction list like this.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Oh yes I'd love to see some returning vets in HD, especially Mewtwo, Ness, Lucas, Ganondorf, etc.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
On the subject of Miis:

Mii wouldn't generate hype here in this community(at least not straight away), but you can bet a lot of casual Nintendo fans will suddenly gain interest for the game when they're included.

Regardless; any and ALL newcomers will generate hype because a newcomer is a newcomer, and newcomers=instant hype.

Rosalina was hardly wanted by anyone prior to her reveal; she had fans yes, but hardly anyone thought she'd generate the same sort of hype someone like Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario would. Look what happened, hardly anyone's bothered Jr. missed out and Rosalina's suddenly the only obvious Mario newcomer choice that we should all have seen coming.
Likewise Wii Fit Trainer should have barely caused even a tiny ripple of hype because she's not exactly a character anyone cared about. But hey; she's suddenly great because she's in Smash.

Calling this now; when Mii inevitably gets revealed half this community will get hyped, because that's just the way most the community are.
Well i think its because she wasent iconic enough.....not All Star enough....hell majority of chars in Smash have mega status and Years under their belt unlike WFT & Rosalina although yh....from super succesful games.....eh.......but is Shulk All star enough?
.just a thought.....i wouldnt really like the all star concept to be thrown out the window all of a sudden.......

@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi - yh u could that would work im just waiting for them to shove the Mii's down our throat it just makes too much sense in everyway so i wont be suprised when it happens i do truly think its inevitable like Mewtwo returing level.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's happening, Tuesday!

Staarih

Smash Master
So many options for it now, as it's a whole Direct dedicated to Smash! Newcomer? 3rd party (Snake)? Returning Melee veteran (Mewtwo)? Normal veterans? Or maybe all of them at once! Tuesday can't come sooner!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My gut tells me they'll start off with a newcomer and at the end a surprise return (Snake or Mewtwo). My gut also told me I could eat a large extra cheese pizza and not get a stomach ache afterwards so I don't trust it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Watch them show all of the ones we're expecting.

It won't happen though. BUT THE HYPE IS TOO REAL. TOO ****ING REAL.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I could see us getting two newcomers since it's a direct focused on smash, we could get two veterans too.

One newcomer trailer at the start, one at the end and then two or three veterans revealed casually through gameplay trailers throughout the direct.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I could see us getting two newcomers since it's a direct focused on smash, we could get two veterans too.

One newcomer trailer at the start, one at the end and then two or three veterans revealed casually through gameplay trailers throughout the direct.
This sounds about right. Man I hope it's true.

I also expect new insights into the gameplay however, and video of things we've seen in Miiverse shots, but haven't actually seen in motion yet.

D

Deleted member

I can see us get a release date, a couple of veteran reveals, and one or two newcomers (or a newcomer and Snake).
I'm not going to hype myself for this Direct as I could potentially get disappointed. Keep the expectations low and hope for the best.

D

Deleted member

I mostly expect a release date, everything else is bonus. If we're going to look at dates, both Golden Sun and Advance Wars came out in early April, although neither on the 8th. Takamaru's game came out in April too... but I'm grasping at straws here.

I'm going to imagine it'll be 1-2 returning veterans and maybe 1-2 newcomers if we're lucky. I have to imagine Yoshi will be revealed to coincide the Japanese release of his 3DS game, as he's the last of the original 8 to be unveiled.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to imagine it'll be 1-2 returning veterans and maybe 1-2 newcomers if we're lucky. I have to imagine Yoshi will be revealed to coincide the Japanese release of his 3DS game, as he's the last of the original 8 to be unveiled.
In terms of veterans, I can see Yoshi and Wario get confirmed for last month. If we are looking at the GBA VC releases, then I say that it's possible that we could get Captain Falcon as well. (though I wouldn't expect a character to get revealed near a VC release date)

D

Deleted member

In terms of veterans, I can see Yoshi and Wario get confirmed for last month. If we are looking at the GBA VC releases, then I say that it's possible that we could get Captain Falcon as well. (though I wouldn't expect a character to get revealed near a VC release date)
Good point on the virtual console releases, I imagine it has some Wario Lands and the one anime F-Zero game. There are only a few original 12 characters left, it's very obvious Yoshi has to be revealed this direct as the one remaining original 8 character, but that aside it's a toss-up.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I honestly don't know who to expect on the newcomer front. I'm just gonna sit back and be surprised for that.

As for veterans, I agree with the majority on the GBA tie in idea (Yoshi, Wario, ect.) but then again Sakurai is the master of unpredictability, so I'm not expecting anyone in particular in that department either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Whoops! I can also see Meta Knight get potentially revealed for the Amazing Mirror. Again, don't take the GBA VC games as anything for reveals.

Good point on the virtual console releases, I imagine it has some Wario Lands and the one anime F-Zero game. There are only a few original 12 characters left, it's very obvious Yoshi has to be revealed this direct as the one remaining original 8 character, but that aside it's a toss-up.
I am kinda expecting for Yoshi to be one of the reveals. I'll be surprised if he didn't get revealed.
The list of GBA games are:
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (released)
Advance Wars (released)
Metroid Fusion (released)
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Mircrogames!
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun
SMB3
Yoshi's Island
SMW (Japan) (released)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (Japan)
Mario Tennis: Power Tour (Japan)
Wario Land 4 (Japan)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Japan)
Mario Pinball Land (Europe)

D

Deleted member

Whoops! I can also see Meta Knight get potentially revealed for the Amazing Mirror. Again, don't take the GBA VC games as anything for reveals.

I am kinda expecting for Yoshi to be one of the reveals. I'll be surprised if he didn't get revealed.
The list of GBA games are:
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (released)
Advance Wars (released)
Metroid Fusion (released)
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Mircrogames!
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun
SMB3
Yoshi's Island
SMW (Japan) (released)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (Japan)
Mario Tennis: Power Tour (Japan)
Wario Land 4 (Japan)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Japan)
Mario Pinball Land (Europe)
Useful list. It does mean that pretty much any character imaginable can be revealed, just looking at the games on GBA VC you can theorize about twenty characters. I got rid of games that I couldn't think of anything that isn't de-confirmed or incredibly unlikely.

I highlighted veterans, and really, Vaati/Fawful are blatantly not going to happen. A veteran is guaranteed.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (released) - Fawful
Advance Wars (released) - Andy
Metroid Fusion (released) - Ridley
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - MetaKnight
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Mircrogames! - Wario
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity - Captain Falcon

Golden Sun - Isaac
Yoshi's Island - Yoshi
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Japan) - Vaati

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
All I know is, there better be either: a release date or a newcomer. Because if they hold this extra special Smash direct and don't discuss one of those things, then the hype has not enough purpose.

Of course, they could always be using it to discuss playable Mii's. Which I mean whatever, but its kind of a letdown in the hype department.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Useful list. It does mean that pretty much any character imaginable can be revealed, just looking at the games on GBA VC you can theorize about twenty characters. I got rid of games that I couldn't think of anything that isn't de-confirmed or incredibly unlikely.

I highlighted veterans, and really, Vaati/Fawful are blatantly not going to happen. A veteran is guaranteed.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (released) - Fawful
Advance Wars (released) - Andy
Metroid Fusion (released) - Ridley
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - MetaKnight
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Mircrogames! - Wario
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity - Captain Falcon

Golden Sun - Isaac
Yoshi's Island - Yoshi
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Japan) - Vaati
I could see us getting a Fawful/Cackletta assist trophy and maybe a stage based on the Beanbean Kingdom for the 3ds version.

Playable characters aren't the only possibilities.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I could see us getting a Fawful/Cackletta assist trophy and maybe a stage based on the Beanbean Kingdom.

Playable characters aren't the only possibilities.
Good point. We could get a thousand Mario/Zelda items, assist trophies or stages revealed off that list.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Given that this is a Smash Exclusive Direct it could be any character. Palutena, Mewtwo, Pac-Man, Purple Space Dragon, Takamaru...

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH ALL THIS HYPE, GUYS!?

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
April 8th, 3PM Pacific Time, you better be ready to ROCK!!!

Here's my prediction for the direct

Veterans
Yoshi
Ness or Lucas
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Falco
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
R.O.B.
Mr Game And Watch

Newcomers
Chrom
Krystal
Shadow
Palutena
Shulk
Dixie Kong

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
So many options for it now, as it's a whole Direct dedicated to Smash! Newcomer? 3rd party (Snake)? Returning Melee veteran (Mewtwo)? Normal veterans? Or maybe all of them at once! Tuesday can't come sooner!
A Smash direct?
That would mean my theory was correct.
HOLY **** I PREDICTED THIS CORRECTLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom