• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you be maining?

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
In no order:

Pikmin and Olimar
Squirtle
Diddy Kong
Dedede
Wario (possibly)
Lucas (possibly)

aleps

Smash Apprentice
1. Olimar & Pikmin: Pikmin series is one of my favorites. I supported Olimar to be in, and seeing his moveset I really lan on maining him.
2. Pokemon Trainer: He seems interesting cause you don't have to master one, but three characters and it makes him not so easy to use, at least that's, what I hope.
3. Kirby: In SSB64 I used him a lot, but in Melee I didn't liked his gameplay. I hope that changes in Brawl.
4. Diddy: I just like a lot his moveset :D

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Not sure if I've already replied to this, but whatever.

I'll definitely try out Kirby, see if I can get good with him again, same with Link. I'll most likely be maining Dedede and Pit, but I'll try my hardest to stay good with Peach too.

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
It's great to hear all of your predictions! A couple of the top choices are Pikmin & Olimar, and Pokemon Trainer. Both sound interesting and unique. I'm also looking forward to play with Snake. I imagine he'll handle somewhat like Samus in Melee.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight, Snake, Pokemon Trainer, Dedede, and hopefully Ridley...

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I'm planning on maining:

Sonic. I'm obviously a Sonic fan. Top tier or not, I'll be playing as Sonic just because Sakurai has finally shown Sonic some respect, unlike every other dev who has used him recently.

Pikachu. I mained Pikachu in 64, and I used him and Pichu often in Melee. I like the way Pika feels, and I it looks like he'll have a good amount of combo potential in Brawl. Looking forward to the return of his Fair from 64 =)

Bowser. I like to always play as someone who is the polar opposite of who I main, just to keep myself aware of what my opponent must be thinking when he plays me. I did this with Gannondorf in Melee. I think I'll be doing it with Bowser this time around, because his slower moves and Super armor seem to be defensive, as opposed to how offensive Sonic and Pikachu look like they're gonna play.

PT - Squirtle. Watching these recent vids, I think I'm gonna love playing as Squirtle. He has so much aerial freedom and his airs look like they have hardly any lag. He just looks fun to play. Maining PT depends on how Ivy and Charizard feel.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i sympathize with those of you who cannot decide for I am in the same boat. I will admit I am attracted to Snake and Ike, and I would play d3, PT, or sonic but from the looks of it EVERYONE else is playing them and I cant have that. I would pick up sheik but I LOATHE her. I cant decide just from the confirmed chars, so i know itll be how I play with them that will decide for me. and I completely forgot about my previous main, the ninja puff.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
In Melee, I was so bored at being better than my friends, that I picked up and started playing almost every character.

I plan on being just as versatile for Brawl. Unordered, here are characters I want to play with real bad.

1. Ike
2. Lucario
3. Sonic
4. Dedede
5. Olimar
6. Pit
7. Diddy Kong
8. Pokemon Trainer
9. Metaknight

And here are the veterans that I'll continue playing with.

Jigglypuff, Mario, Fox, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Bowser, and Samus.

For a total of 17 characters.

Revven

FrankerZ
My main in SSBM was Falco and my main in SSB64 was Link. In Brawl, I plan to change it up.

My main: Falco (if he is in), Wolf (if he is in), or Sonic. It is between these three people. Dependent on who is better or even, whose style I like more.

My secondaries: Wolf (if he is not my main), Falco (if he is not my main), Sonic (if he is not my main), Mario, Link, Sheik, Marth (most likely in, but if not, you know the drill), Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, PT, Metaknight, Kirby, Dedede, DK, and Diddy Kong (could be my main if he is really good and surpasses Falco and Wolf).

skiks

Smash Cadet
Pokemon trainer, Ike, and Pit. May change once I try more of the roster.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Zelda (not Sheik) I'm looking forward to maining only ONE character.
I'll also be using Pit on occasion though.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
right now, i'm thinking of these in no particular order:

- Pikmin & Olimar
- Lucas
- Kirby
- Wario
- Lucario

Really, it all comes down to who feels the best, and who is less used. I hate using the really good characters, because people always have an excuse to why you beat them. I hope one of my mains is considered very bad, so i can try to find ways to win with him/her.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
right now, i'm thinking of these in no particular order:

- Pikmin & Olimar
- Lucas
- Kirby
- Wario
- Lucario

Really, it all comes down to who feels the best, and who is less used. I hate using the really good characters, because people always have an excuse to why you beat them. I hope one of my mains is considered very bad, so i can try to find ways to win with him/her.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Link, Mario, Samus, Fox, Metaknight, Ike, Olimar, Sonic, Diddy, Pit

In no particular order, of course.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is and always will be my main, so my main will be Kirbs, while im still undecided on my secondary. It could be MK or Pit, or Lucas, depending on how they all play in Brawl. Sonic is also drawing a little of my interest. Though Wario, Snake (im gonna get shot for that), Diddy, Ike, and Olimar really dont interest me that much. Ive never really liked Fox, Samus, Link, or Sheik either....

Timekeeper

Smash Cadet
It's a toss up between:

Marth
Kirby
Metaknight
Lucario
Pit
Sonic

And if they make it in:
Bowser Jr
WW Link

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
I preferred heavy character in Melee, which kinda' sucks since my favorite video games are the Sonic games and my second favorite series is Starfox. I'll still keep playing as Fox and I'll definitely play as Sonic, but my main will probably be Bowser (Really happy about the news of his buffs, btw.) or DeDeDe. But, as different as people say Brawl is as far as game play goes, I guess I'll find out when I get it.

JustinAC

Smash Cadet
In no particular order:
Pikmin and Olimar
Pikachu
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers

These are going to be getting the most attention from me. Might do a little Pokemon Trainer on the side.

Orsist

Smash Cadet
Samus

then I'll play these on the side:
Marth
Captain Olimar
Marina (by some far off chance she makes it in)
Ryu :p

Luigi player

Smash Master
Sonic, Luigi and Diddy.

If Knuckles is getting in, I'd main him alone. He's just so much better than everyone else...

Comet

Smash Rookie
I cant answer this question yet.
I pick my main by playing as every character, then choosing the one I feel the most comfortable with.

Top Bottom