• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Will be the first character you play as when the game releases?

chanchimi

Smash Rookie
So hard to pick! I chose Greninja when I played the demo, so I'll play as Bowser first when it releases!

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
I really wanna know how my boy Ness feels in Smash 4, so if at all possible it'll be him. If not, then either Dedede or Charizard.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I have to ask. Why is anyone excited about Lucina? Unless I've misunderstood something, she is just Marth with different power balance on her sword.
Because she's an incredibly popular character from her home series, and Marth has been really nerfed. Almost as bad as the Capt. in Brawl. Also, :4lucina: unless she's an unlockable, then either :4pikachu:, :4bowser:, or :4charizard:

Last edited:

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Because she's an incredibly popular character from her home series, and Marth has been really nerfed. Almost as bad as the Capt. in Brawl. Also, :4lucina: unless she's an unlockable, then either :4pikachu:, :4bowser:, or :4charizard:
If Marth has been nerfed so he's really bad wouldn't Lucina be in the same position?

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'm not sure. If I'd have the game right now I'd try out Diddy Kong first, but since I'll already have seen a lot of gameplay when I finally get my hands on the game I'd know most stuff already, so I don't really know who I'll want to try first then.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I played the 3DS demo quite a bit, so I'll likely pick someone who wasn't in that roster. Hopefully Ness, but if not then regular Link 'cause that's who I always play as first.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
Olimar i guess since Ness probably wont be unlocked yet
Villager will be the first newbie i play probably (depends on who else is shown, if the leak is right DHD and Chorus men are definitely on my must play list)

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
I think I have replied to another version of this thread previously, but I'll state it again nonetheless.

I tend to play characters systematically, starting with whoever is in the top-left-hand corner, and working my way through the columns and rows until I have played every character at least once.

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
I will play as megaman for sure but if he is unlockable lucina, if not robin xD and if not well rosalina

D

Deleted member

I'll probably start the game as Mario, and then try out other characters to decide who's going to be my Smash 3DS / Wii U main(s).

Booster

Smash Lord
Mii Fighter

My avatar is a custom made Pokemon called Bull****, a mix between Tauros and Muk

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
I'm going for :4mario: first to get a feel of the game, then it's time for :4littlemac: to Punch In!!

el_profe

Smash Cadet
If I'm in a nostalgic mood: Samus. She was my main in 64. If I follow my plan, I'll start with the most unappealing character and work my way up the rankings, so I'll probably start with Yoshi.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Probably Mario to start off with or the starter newcomers. If the leak is true i want to get Doctor Mario as quickly as possible

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
I'll play Pac Man first if he's a starter. If not then I'll probably play Greninja.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Um, depends who's in the starting roster. Shulk or Bowser Jr. if they're starting characters. If not, Greninja, Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, and Villager are other options.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Classic with Mario. Hands down, now. That's what I did when I got smash 64. I can't do anything else, man. It would just feel too wrong.

After I've finished classic with Mario, that's when I'll feel like the new chapter of Smash has begun.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
If :4marth: is locked, then the first fighter I'm picking up is Zeldo!

On a side-note, I hope characters can be unlocked through online matches... I have no irl friends to play with and I don't want to have to fight CPUs all day to unlock my favorite fighters.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
If :4marth: is locked, then the first fighter I'm picking up is Zeldo!

On a side-note, I hope characters can be unlocked through online matches... I have no irl friends to play with and I don't want to have to fight CPUs all day to unlock my favorite fighters.
Umm...Is it weird that are mains are exactly the same?

Top Bottom