• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Will be the first character you play as when the game releases?

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Maybe Ganon? Ganon is fun.
He'll probably have to be unlocked though.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Any of the Mother characters, unless I have to unlock them and if thats the case Robin, Megaman or Villager.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Little Mac. If Little Mac isn't a starter, Marth. If Marth isn't a starter either, Kirby. If Kirby isn't a starter, I give up on life.

Pittoo

Smash Rookie
I'm torn between like six different characters to be my first one played.

:4pit:, :4link:, :4bowser:, :4zss:, :4megaman: and :4pacman: (last two are only if they're available) are who I'm torn between.

But if I had to narrow it down to one, I'd say :4megaman: if he's a starter. And if he's not a starter, then I'll go with :4pit:.

character icons instead of written names ftw.

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna start out with Olimar like I did in brawl. And then play everyone else afterwards

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not sure if I commented on this, but since it looks like Shulk will be on the starting roster, I'll probably just pick him up and not stop.

With occasional Rosalina. So...who even needs unlockables?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Since :4lucina: is an unlockable (Why?), I'm going with :4pikachu:s. First Smash character I ever played.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
If Robin is a starter, then Robin. If not... I'm not sure It does really depend who's available to begin with. Probably Zelda if not Robin. Go from there.

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
I'd play as Shulk, Greninja or Robin depending on whether they're unlockable or not.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Really depends on who's available from the start. My #1 choice is Little Mac though. If he's not open I'll be going for Robin or villager.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I have been thinking hard about this actually lol. And honestly, it all depends on who are on the starter roster. Right now, it will be a veteran. Here is my current list:
  1. :4bowser: I have been seriously hyped to play Bowser after Sakurai stating he is much better.
  2. :4pit: I loved Uprising, and he looks like loads of fun to play with.
  3. :4falcon: The The Falcon Punch. 'Nuff said.
  4. :4link: I loved the Zelda series. I want to try him purely because of that purple pallet swap. So beautiful!
  5. :4wiifit:/:4villager: really hyped to try these two. Wii Fit Trainer appears really fluid, and Villager looks like so much fun.
  6. ALL OTHER NEWCOMERS. No real specific order. Unless Ridley is revealed.
Pretty great roster. I am hyped.

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
Shulk (assuming he's available from the start), Robin (again, assuming he's/she's available from the start), and Wii Fit Trainer (who is definitely available from the start).

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I've already agreed with my brother that we are going to be doing Random Vs. Random and Random stage for our first match. However, Rosalina was my most wanted character and I will choose her first after the Random match. If Rosie isn't playable from the beginning I will use Shulk... I think the reason I want to play as Shulk so much right now is that I am listening to the Xenoblade OST on youtube ight now.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi, if he is a starter. If not, Little Mac.

D

Deleted member 245254

I'm going all out with Sonic in this game. I super sadly regret not putting in the effort to get acquainted with him in Brawl, and recently I've been trying to learn Project M Sonic. Back in Melee, playing Marth just sucked me in, and so naturally it followed I played him the most in Brawl until lately I've gotten better at playing Fox.

Project M Sonic has been a total blast though. This time I won't squander the opportunity with Sonic to learn him from the get-go.

However, that is followed ever so closely by Lucina of course. She plays like Marth and she's awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I did say Little Mac, but I changed my mind. I'm gonna' hit random until I snag a Newcomer.

oscuras

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2105-8721-7551
Playing Zero Suit Samus first.
Probably trying all the new characters next.
Robin - solely because of FE:A influence
Wii Fit Trainer - looks interesting to play
Greninja - my boy in Pokemon Y
Then the others.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Gonna do something completely different. I'll play as my Mii first.

It'll make for some new kind of experience, to go take on the big names of Nintendo on your own, ultimately to the point where you face Master Hand - along with learning the game and it's many mechanics as yourself.
Also, it'll a bit of a temptation buffer on my hype to try out the newcomers.(Because I feel like it)

I might do the same thing with Smash Run, and then go to training mode in order to test out the characters myself. I hope there's the Wi-Fi Training Room for testing out things.

I'm really tempted to try Villager out first though.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Normally I would have a hard time choosing but this time I think Rosalina will be my first since I have found a Rosalina Exposed Guide to Her and Luma Which I really like it because contains masses upon masses of info a clear view of Strengths and Weakness's plus I sort of need to train Rosalina up since I am using her in a Smash 4 Tournament thing But My second character to play with will be Shulk and I'll Play with Jiggs a lot once I unlock her

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I will probably use Shulk first, if he's on the starting roster. He will also be my main in the future. After that, I might play a bit with the newcomers and then with the veterans (especially Bowser) and I think I will play a bit with every unlockable I just unlocked.

I will probably run through classic on 5.0 or something like that first, then play Smash Run and then try out online.

Last edited:

Percyyy

Smash Rookie
My first character will probably be :ike: my favorite character in Brawl, but if hes not available then :falcon::falco::lucas::4littlemac: will be my next choice

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Looking forward to playing through Classic Mode and beating the crap out of Master Hand as :rosalina:, assuming if she's a starter that is. Might end up playing as her most of the time before switching over between :4megaman:, :4link:, :4myfriends:, :4lucina: and :4littlemac:.

Last edited:

Ninten.M1

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenAlt
Probably Megaman or Little Mac depending on whether or not they are unlockable or default characters.

Top Bottom