• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hm... I wonder if anyone has found me recently the past few days on For Glory Wii U? I'm borrowing my sister's Wii U for a week and I go by with the name tag of "Raymond," whereas my sister's the mii creator where her name is "Sonaly."

I go around with a black palette Lucina (and occasionally purple Link) on For Glory 1v1. Again, on Wii U. Just wondering if anyone came across me.

That being said, I've faced two people that did know how to use Shulk and Captain Falcon but forgot who they were. I think I also ran into a good Cloud too. Our match-ups were pretty close and intense and they won. They were still fun to fight, though.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Wii U For Glory: Those Link dittos were a lot of fun! You played gold Link and used the tag "Dan", I used green Link and went by Iceweasel. Let me know if you want to do it again sometime.

Deezxnutz

Smash Cadet
I actually haven't tried Anther's ladder yet so I dunno how it works. I have played a lottttttt of FG so it makes sense lol.
Also quick tip during that set when I was doing the Utilts on block I feel like you could've rolled forward to avoid the shield damage. I dunno what that scenario feels like though and if ya tried rolling or something OoS at the time.

Migster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4417-4697
I actually haven't tried Anther's ladder yet so I dunno how it works. I have played a lottttttt of FG so it makes sense lol.
Also quick tip during that set when I was doing the Utilts on block I feel like you could've rolled forward to avoid the shield damage. I dunno what that scenario feels like though and if ya tried rolling or something OoS at the time.
The scenario was somewhat difficult because my only options that would have gotten me out of the lock (that I knew of) were roll forwards, backwards, spotdodge. Spotdodging would just get me some more uptilts, rolling backwards while near the ledge won't do anything, and forward roll would get me hit by an fsmash. You basically took out most of my options. That was pretty cool. Anther's is pretty easy to get into and set up matches. Just make an account and find Migster there.

I found it kind of funny how we get really close in the match and I kept making some dumb mistake then ended up with me losing. After seeing a good Ryu I knew I had to switch to my Ryu for some dank dittos.

ColoredCadence

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-1059-8404
I ran into some dude today with the name name "Bruh..." in weird fancy letters, but I forget what tag he used. The dude had a really solid Cloud, and he seemed to dominate a lot of our matches.

I played Robin with the tag "CADENCE" (Mii name Purple). If you're around Smashboards, thanks for the fights dude! It's refreshing to fight someone who's good and still relatively respectful.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
played against some zelda player named osi on 3ds who did nothing but down special. I ended up SDing and still almost won, in yet he kept taunting. it never fails to amaze me how little respect people have for each other in this game.

Migster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4417-4697
played against some zelda player named osi on 3ds who did nothing but down special. I ended up SDing and still almost won, in yet he kept taunting. it never fails to amaze me how little respect people have for each other in this game.
This happens a lot when you get sent to For Glory Hell. If you get reported, you are stuck witb everyone else reported, and they are all either cocky, annoying, tedious to fight, or really skilled. I'm in there rn and don't know why ;-;

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Hey! That was me, if you want we can add each other and play these days. I really need someone good to criticise my game :)
Heyyo sorry I didn't reply last time. It's been a long time I guess xD. Soo yah I'm actually looking for member for our smash 3ds group, if you'd like you can join. Anyways yah I'd be glad to fight you again.

Okay now... I just fought a guy in FG 3ds named Yurabiel. He says "c: kirby is op" and he's from mexico. Whoa, you're very good at using heavy characters like that >.> and then there's villager xD. Wow I was just so interested in our battles that I had to keep going, but you left thinking that I left a bad impression ._.. I hope I didn't. Anyways I'd like to battle even more. Ima admit that I underestimate Ganondorf but you proved me wrong xD.

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
anyone play somebody with the tag Infer and mii named Jesse? Cuz that would be me lol

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Shoutout to Kumo. Your Fox was pretty fun to play against, as well as your Ganon, Mac, and Pit. The last match with Dedede and Villager was pretty silly as well.

AerialNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
aznninja96
3DS FC
2036-8306-5753
Yo, nice games D Money. You had a really good Mario and Cloud. I was the red Megaman, Swag. Nice games man, it was nice having a pretty much lag free 3 hour Smash session with you, I had a lot of fun.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I just had a REALLY AMAZING 3DS set with someone named Xander. If you see this (and I hope you do), I wanted to say I had a lot of fun. You played very well and I was very sorry to go, but I had work I had to do. I sincerely hope we're able to meet up and play again sometime. It was a blast!

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Metalex I found you again, you crushed me three times, including as the worst character in the game, and I admit fully that I began to cry afterwards. What is this gap that hasn't gotten any smaller since we last played?! I put more and more hours into practice than anyone else on the planet, and you can still destroy me like I'm a typical Little Mac. I'm SICK of losing, Gods damn it! PLEASE help me, I want to be good at something, namely this game!

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Shoutout to someone named TC_Nova on the 3DS. You had one of the best Sheiks I've ever fought. I was the Ganondorf if you wanna know.

Catman856

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1091-9126-2299
does anyone know Ghost(red greninja), and Unbeatable(taunts alot, doesnt really fight),

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
Vidiot: Whoever you are, you're the most amazing Megaman I've faced. I really would love to meet you.

Mugen: You have a good Sonic, but one match and leaving isn't really what I like to do.

Come to think of it, I've been playing a lot of salty people in FG lately. :( Then again, it IS FG, it still saddens me when I find somebody good and they just leave after winning one match.

Nestea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Imthevp
3DS FC
0877-3300-7854
Just played a Ganondorf with the tag "Mystic" in funky letters who's bio said smashboards.com on it, so might as well give a shoutout. Pretty solid.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Just had a great set on 3DS with someone named Sushi. I felt bad having to take off, but I really needed to head to bed. Great games, man.

Nah

Smash Champion
Fought a red :4marth: earlier today called BU triLEX for like an hour straight. I was :4robinf:. Thought I might as well post.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
shoutout to Negatix from France!

amazing player with a great Greninja and even greater DI! Kudos!

LAGxSugar

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-0461-2089
[3DS] Just had a few matches on For Glory Teams with only FE characters (I was Ike with the Japanese name). If any of you look at this thread, we should play together again. It was a ton of fun playing with you guys.

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I just fought some guy who called himself FnC Bain or something like that. At first I thought he was sponsored, but then when we played it was obvious he was just a rollspamming scrub. Was I on somebody's stream? Somebody who was pretending to be good at the game?

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
On 3ds, met someone named "El Uri" or something, they used Puff and Falco, met a mac the other day named Mia, also met a Ryu/Roy named "Tae Lung" also met a koopaling named "shaquan" and a Ness that went by "Sora" all of these players, for one reason or another, stayed for several games and put up reasonably good fights or better. Much appreciated and ggs; also ggs to anyone I played but didn't name and apologies for any misspelled tags.

IvanPch

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5386-9940-4949
just played some matches on 3ds 1v1 with someone named Casper:starman: he played well with most of the characters he used a little campy but was okay GG.

Last edited:

AzulWolfSmash

Smash Rookie
NNID
SkyOkamiWolf
If anyone's fought a really good Duck Hunt, Bowser, or Link with the tag "OtakuWolf" on For Glory 1v1 or For fun on Wii U that'd be me!! lol

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Just played a 3DS set with someone named "Luigi2c..." (the name was cut off; presumably Luigi2cheap?) and they played really great! They played Wii Fit Trainer, Ganon, Luigi, and even a tiny bit of Lucina. It's always amazing to see Lucina getting the love she deserves. And it's so rare to play a WFT that it was one heck of an experience!

Great games!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I was in for fun 3ds and found a bowser player named pikablu. I know i've seen that name on these boards somewhere. Could just be some completely dif guy.

Top Bottom