• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
GGs to an X12 that used Shulk the entire time. I was the light blue Dedede that you played several matches with.Your shulk did some interesting things during our matches.

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS} I played a default palette Lucas earlier named Raymond. Just wanted to say good games. Despite me constantly winning, there was something I liked about you, and that was you stuck with your main and did the best that you could. You showed determination and commitment with your character, and that's cool. Just keep it up and you'll do better over time.

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I ran into quite a few good players today on both Wii U and 3ds.

On the Wii U, I faced off against an Olimar player named Hector. It is very rare to see an Olimar on For Glory, and I always love to fight good ones. I don't remember if I ever used my Palutena against you, but I was the pink Ryu player named Nexin.

On the 3ds, GGs to Dimitri who used black King Dedede, black Bowser, dark red Ganondorf, and white Donkey Kong. You were extremely good with all of your characters, and you were the first player who forced me to be focus completely on zoning you out because if I made a mistake, you would tear me to shreds for it. I was the pink Ryu and red Palutena named Austin.

There were a few other players on the 3ds that I wanted to shout out, but I don't remember their names because I ran out of replays. If you ran into an Austin today playing either pink Ryu or red Palutena, I would just like to say good games.

Last edited:

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to Kenturo. (@ K Kenturo ?) I was [SB]Mike. Your Lucas was really good, one of the better ones I've come across. The MU experience against Lucas is something I don't have enough of since he's still fairly new. Sorry I left so soon though. I was hungry :p, but GGs nonetheless.

Last edited:

Kenturo

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to Kenturo. (@ K Kenturo ?) I was [SB]Mike. Your Lucas was really good, one of the better ones I've come across. The MU experience against Lucas is something I don't have enough of since he's still fairly new. Sorry I left so soon though. I was hungry :p, but GGs nonetheless.
lol ggs man. Those pac setups were pretty cool and I spent most of the set trying to figure them out. I thought I had most of them figured out but you left.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
lol ggs man. Those pac setups were pretty cool and I spent most of the set trying to figure them out. I thought I had most of them figured out but you left.
If you want more matches against my Pacman (or other characters), just send a message.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
GGs to a Little Mac/Bowser/Bowser Jr. named 62 Bit Gaming. I was a Wario named Brandon.

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
Great games to a player named @Voltron. I was the player named RIPIwata. Your Ike and D3 were one of the best I've fought in quite some time. I really enjoyed those matches. :)

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[3DS]

GGS to several people i encountered in FFA last night

@Nightwing your Dark link, White little mac and other characters were fun to play against.

@Kenshin your purple yoshi is pretty decent, i had a blast playing against you.

@Unknown your mario is definitely skilled, i found myself in a couple sudden deaths with you, so ggs and i hooe for another chance encounter.

there's more but my battery on my Wii U pad is low, so i'll tell the rest after i come back.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I think you just fought @Gimpyfish62. I believe that those are the characters he mainly plays in this game.
I searched up his youtube channel and he does play Bowser a lot (even the same color alt) so yeah that probably was him.

WhiteLion

Smash Cadet
Shoutout to Kobra who's Kirby was insane, I have a feeling he's a competitive player because seriously that kirby was out of this world.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Big props to a guy named ☆JTA☆ and had a tag that said Rawk.

Incredibly good sport for an FG player and had some laughs.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
GGS to a shulk player named Anthony i encountered in FFA on 3ds, your pretty skilled with shulk, also shoutout to @Chloers and miguel, i ran out of room to save any replays sadly. My 3DS Tag was Richard 89 (only shows Richard...), i was the blue falco, white marth, default ike, black bowser,black greninja, and white ness.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I just wanna thank all the annoying sonic mains out there that make me legitimately try to win, I hate sonic, but I can't help but congratulate them for being good at the character.

Also, If you run across a :4olimar:(default) , :4dk: (blue-tie, red hair), or :4duckhunt:(banjo-Kazooie) under the name "Swop" or "Cotton", that would be me.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I should update:

Tag: Shun
Profile has smash boards.com in it.

Typically seen playing:
Ike: Red, Black, or Chrom color
Marth: Red, Green, or Yellow
Robin: Default, Fem!Default
Roy: Black/Red, Default, Blue
Palutena: Red
Falco: Light Blue

I play Shulk, Lemmy, DK, Zelda, and Ganondorf sometimes. But I am typically seen as a Fire Emblem character.

Last edited:

K1dNova

Smash Apprentice
Ggs to FR|Bon. (Name sounds important) Your Falcon was pretty solid and we had some good matches. Though there did seem to be a bit of trolling here and there. (mostly from me but you taunted first >. >) alas, it was fun. Just for future reference, taunting after every air dodge read isn't exactly necessary...

Edit: oh, and i probably shouldn't have sd'd after that chain grab. I just thought it was pretty dumb since i didn't really know how to deal with it. My b.

Last edited:

ShineFantasm

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4038-5988-2002
Shout outs to Chris on 3DS who repeatedly bodied my ROB with his Falco. I had to leave to walk my dog but if you happen to be on here I'd love to play some more.
And thats only now I come here... That was me ! Your ROB gave me some hard times too, you're really good with him ! Gonna add your FC right now, feel free to add mine and just pm me if you want to fight again, I'd be glad !

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I should update:

Tag: Shun
Profile has smash boards.com in it.

Typically seen playing:
Ike: Red, Black, or Chrom color
Marth: Red, Green, or Yellow
Robin: Default, Fem!Default
Roy: Black/Red, Default, Blue
Palutena: Red
Falco: Light Blue

I play Shulk, Lemmy, DK, Zelda, and Ganondorf sometimes. But I am typically seen as a Fire Emblem character.
Have you faced a pink Ryu named Austin on the 3ds? I just played a Shun on there that used Blue and Green Lucina, Yellow Marth, and Green Mario. I recognized the name but I forgot to check the profile, so I don't know if it was you.

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to Nikki who used R.O.B and Roy! Your play was fantastic, I really enjoyed fighting you. I was the f!Robin and Marth with the tag "Matsu". :D

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
There are so many good players on For Glory! Maybe it's because of the time of day since I'm in the UK? But special mention to Luca's Bowser. You may have quit after one round, but you play a good Bowser! Even Robin struggled :p

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Fought this guy Drasias on 3DS, he rolled and spammed projectile with Robin. I was Silver Sonic. Also fought this kid Tsuna he was Roy, beat him with Green Falcon and Silver Sonic.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS]
GG's to a player named Lexio who I found twice on For Glory. Yesterday, we did some Sonic dittos and today it was Pit vs Dark Pit. Those were some fun games and a lot of them were very close. Hopefully we will find eachother on FG a third time tomorrow :grin:

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
I just realised I faced that Etika dude on 3DS for glory.. no idea if I won or lost... we had more than one battle though - I remember reading it as "Erika" initially and reading it again after a match and realising I had it wrong. I suspect we had Roy dittos. might go through his two hour Roy video to try and spot myself haha

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[Wii U]

last night, I ran into a player with the username COLDRAMEN in all caps who used yellow striped ness along with another user named Arminius who used lucina in all our matches, i was the blue falco, white marth, default ike and black bowser. My tag was Richard 89 with the profile message "smashboards.com".

Edit:GGS i had fun playing you and i accepted your friend request you sent me last night.

Last edited:

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Hey shoutouts to a guy/gal dubbed 'Name' on Wii U. Your other name was comprised of z's and x's. I went by Muppet on both. Just wanna say that those were some fun games and I got some good powershielding practice in. Also, your Mario is pretty smart! Let's play again sometime if you're up for it!

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Ggs to a Zero Suit Samus and Sheik player with the tag Vince on the Wii U. Both of your characters were amazing, especially Zero Suit Samus. You were the first player on FG that forced me to rely on my pokes and aerials in the neutral, which is something I've actually been having a lot of trouble with before now.

I was the pink Ryu with the tag Nexin. I sent you a friend request after one of our matches. I hope to face you again in the future.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Ran into someone calling themselves "OnettBoy" a few hours ago. You played Ness, Marth, and maybe a few others (I've done a LOT of FG today, sorry for not remembering!). My tag was Iceweasel, and I used Link and Lucina. I might have used Fox too, but I don't think so.

Lots of great games, man. It's a shame about those last few matches. I thought lag that bad couldn't be real, or would at least cause a disconnect.

Top Bottom