• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
[3DS] please Douglas I hope you're here. Those were the funniest matches I've had. We didn't really fight but I can tell you're an exceptional player. I loved how we danced to Gourmet Race on DL64 that was fantastic xD
I was Morgan and used Villager and Ness

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
[3DS] GG's to a player by the tag "Kamstar" from RI. Your sooo good man. That Roy gameplay was nasty. Defiantly a very skilled player. I'd love to play again. I learned so much from getting my ass beat. Also if you do end up seeing this you're the first person I've ever gotten who was also from ri.

MegaPac-Man

Smash Rookie
[3DS] GG to a player with the tag "Sophie"
I was the guy named "kevin" I used Lucas for the first match .
We fooled around for some matches lol, but from our regular matches it showed me that you know what you were doing, :D
Your Greninja was spot on. Would like to play you again.

Last edited:

LittleToys

Smash Cadet
(Wii U) by the name of BossBuzz he was a really good :4falcon:i usually dont run into really good players and it was a joy to fight against you. I was under the name of LittleToys using :4pacman: i got lucky and won once because of my strawberry edge guard but it was again luck. Any other time i rage when i play For Glory because im always up against roll spam but BossBuzz actually made me enjoy it. It was 1-3 gg

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
To the person with the tag RedFox I met on Wii U For Glory, your Sonic was superb; you made my Lucina dance to your tune a majority of the times we fought. I'd recommend avoiding the consistent use of Up-Smash as your opponent grabs the ledge, that pattern grows very predictable after a while. Other than that, your spin shots were on point, your spin dash/spin charge mindgames were excellent, and your follows from your B moves. GG's Mate.

Last edited:

MaxBowser

Smash Rookie
I fought someone named Sakurai, was using Sakurai's Mii, and was really good, like, impossible to defeat. His location was California, though :( But hey, you never know, right?

Oh, and I fought someone just last night, I believe the username was Da Man, and you used the black Mewtwo. That was definitely among the more interesting matches I've had. If you're reading this, let's have a rematch!

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
GG's to David (Blue Ryu) and Nudge (Black Yoshi/Black Falcon) on Wii U. Actually decided to go Ganon and did pretty okay. Got an up-tilt on David in the first match and down-b'd Yoshi's two stocks. Went R.O.B against Falcon and survived to like 170% with two stocks.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
GGs to pokemonfan/Moon on WiiU. Played a bunch of characters, ended with DK. My Lucas is horrible, but our games with my Roy were pretty enjoyable.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS]
GG's to a :4marth: player named Allen. I was the blue :4littlemac:.Those matches were very close and fun (except for one where you 0-death me first stock and broke my shield, causing me to fall off stage second stock :laugh:). You did a great job at spacing me away and landing those deadly tippers! Would love to play you again!

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
Shoutout to K-jr- on the 3DS. Your Marcina had me totally beat. I only won the handful I did because you SD'd so many times.

Another mention to a "Cory". That Sheik was scary, man.

Last edited:

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
[3ds}

Good games to JackECris(? on the Cris part). That Roy ditto was pretty nuts, even though there was some lag. We kept going back and forth for a bit there but once we started doing the whole Blazer competition I got kinda bored so I decided to leave. Good games once again.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I did For Glor 1v1s for the first time in like a month.
Played someone named "Whitebread/ Mikail"
Won 3 games against him, then switched to Zelda since I was beating him pretty badly with my mains.
I lost due to a SD. He replied by saying "EATADICK" and left.

Now I remember why I don't play 1v1 anymore.

Also his Nintendo ID is the name of a Homestuck character.

And that's pretty sad.

Smychavo

Smash Rookie
NNID
llantonino
My name is the same in here and in FG, I'm the one player playing a green capt. Falcon, old man Ganon, or blue Ike and I'm still trying to improve :)

link2702

Smash Champion
I did For Glor 1v1s for the first time in like a month.
Played someone named "Whitebread/ Mikail"
Won 3 games against him, then switched to Zelda since I was beating him pretty badly with my mains.
I lost due to a SD. He replied by saying "EATADICK" and left.

Now I remember why I don't play 1v1 anymore.

Also his Nintendo ID is the name of a Homestuck character.

And that's pretty sad.
This is why i still wish nintendo would let us be able to report players at more then just the results screen of matches.

this is also why i wish they'd disable the ability to change your name entirely on the wii u version in random matches. 3DS smash is completely absent of any of the idiots who try to throw out insults in their nametags which plague the wii U version.

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
[3DS] amazing games with the lucas player named Nathaniel. You are the best lucas I've been against so far! Fantastic hilarious games and you deserve my respect. I was Morgan and I used a variety of my mains, including Villager, Luigi and Lucas :D

Zigoon95

Smash Rookie
Very good games with someone called Sauc3/Sau5/Criz :3
We played together for two hours and for the last minutes we went both Villager, doin' Villager stuff :laugh:

:4villager:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
[3DS]
GG's to a :4marth: player named Allen. I was the blue :4littlemac:.Those matches were very close and fun (except for one where you 0-death me first stock and broke my shield, causing me to fall off stage second stock :laugh:). You did a great job at spacing me away and landing those deadly tippers! Would love to play you again!

Dude, I swear i met you yesterday!

You bodied my bowser game 1, then I proceeded to switch to good ol' charizard and many fun matches were had.

I just want to compliment you on your little mac man. You were able to pick up on all of my panic habits, like when I would tech roll backwards and do a panic dtilt. There were some serious mental shenanigans going on during those games :laugh: I wish I could've stayed longer, but I was already well over my lunch break :p

Good Games man. And extra style points for landing that jab lock. I can never pull those off in wifi.

:006:

MaxBowser

Smash Rookie
Whoever was named Flame and used Villager against me just now, hopefully you're reading this, because those were some great matches. Sorry about the disconnect though :(

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Dude, I swear i met you yesterday!

You bodied my bowser game 1, then I proceeded to switch to good ol' charizard and many fun matches were had.

I just want to compliment you on your little mac man. You were able to pick up on all of my panic habits, like when I would tech roll backwards and do a panic dtilt. There were some serious mental shenanigans going on during those games :laugh: I wish I could've stayed longer, but I was already well over my lunch break :p

Good Games man. And extra style points for landing that jab lock. I can never pull those off in wifi.

:006:
Yes, those were amazing matches! It's been a while since I've come across a Charizard, so that was a fun experience. You were great at adapting and punishing my bad habits. Plus, you did a good job at juggling me every time you get me in the air. Those mind games were definitely intense! Would love to play against you again some time!

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Faced someone named Seph on 3ds just a few minutes ago. He played a lot of pink Mewtwo as well as some Palutena, Link, and ZSS. Just wanna say GG's friend. You're one of the best players on FG I've faced in a long time and those were incredibly fun matches. Your teching skills are supreme and you didn't let my offstage game faze you. Maybe we can play some matches again sometime. I'd like to get some ZSS experience from you as yours was very good.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to SwaggyJ from Alberta Canada who plays a really smart purple Sheik. I ran into you like last week and I found you again. We played for over an hour. I went Red Falcon/DK and then Zelda to say goodbye. It's a great feeling when you run into a memorable player more than once.
Replied to my own message to remind myself that I had run into this player multiple times already. Found SwaggyJ again using Shiek sadly this time the connection was ass. Wasn't playable at all.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Ggs to nto777 on the 3ds. You had an amazing Sonic, and I especially loved the way you used down air. You were auto canceling it from up b a lot, and you spiked me with it at least once and still managed to recover. Great stuff.

I was the pink Ryu named Austin. Sorry if I wasn't much of a challenge until the later games. Anyways, I hope we get to face each other again in the future.

カワシさん

I know I probably won't find these people but still:

-Major ggs to リンさん、 or Rin. Your Mario was the best I've ever met, and I only beat you once or twice.
-Also, gg to じきんさん、or Jikin. Your mains were very good and you and I kept on trading victories.

リンさん、じきんさん、ありがとうございます!

Edit: Also, if any has fought a player called "Kawashi" that's me.

Last edited by a moderator:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
@ Zoljinx Zoljinx I'm pretty sure I just fought you on for glory, good games man. I was Joe and I used Yellow G&W Blue Ike and Purple Yoshi. Nice bowser jr!

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
@ Zoljinx Zoljinx I'm pretty sure I just fought you on for glory, good games man. I was Joe and I used Yellow G&W Blue Ike and Purple Yoshi. Nice bowser jr!
thanks! i'm a little used to playing against game & watch cause i have a friend who uses him often. but you still played very well, and were probably the best games i've played in a while, especially in For glory.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
[3ds]

Good games to an Ezekiel. Your Roy is pretty decent but you've got a big flaw in which if you whiff or block something you'll often roll almost every time. I wasn't able to punish it as much as I wanted but I caught on to it pretty well. Get that out and you'll get better. Good games once again.

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
(Wii U) Great Games to a Falcon player named Shrafio from AZ. Your falcon is very good. I tired to keep up in those dittos but just couldn't haha. Your Roy was also very good. Anyways fun matches hope to run into again. I was the player "Nugrun" using white rosalina/plain white tee ness/ and black sheik.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
(3DS)

I just played against a pretty good player named Ashura in team battles, who used black Marth and Rosalina mostly. I was playing as purple Ganondorf, white Ike, and pink Shulk. (Named Silver, of course.)

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
GGs @Loupithemighty . Your Ganon/Falcon were very fun to play with, and it's rare to come across a For Glory player that uses the player tags in a positive way. I was the light blue Falco/Silver Charizard.

EDIT:

Shout-out to TJV/tmann as well. I didn't personally play you, but I was watching you beat two of my friends pretty hard. They were switching off every few matches or so, one played mainly Pac-man the other Ganondorf. I'm digging your Roy.

Last edited:
I just had some fun matches with a guy named Persona (Mii's name was somethin' like Vigen) who played Roy, Zelda, and Sheik. My tag was FLCL.

If you're reading this, I have only one thing to say to you.
gg homie

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
(3DS) Gg's to a Default Pac-man, Purple biker wario and default Male Robin user name vile (@Vile i'm guessing this was you?) i came across on FFA For Glory. Overall a pretty good player if i say so myself. I hope for another chance meeting should it happen.

Edit: oops forgot to mention i was the Blue Falco, Black Bowser, White Marth, and Black Greninja(secondary of mine) with the 3DS tag Richard 89 (only shows "Richard..." though.)

Last edited:

TroyD98

Smash Rookie
NNID
TroyD98
(Wii U) I am a Ness main, and I had some goofy matches with a guy named max. I was laughing so hard when he picked Zero Suit and did inappropriate stuff to my boy Ness. Btw my tag is just Troy

TroyD98

Smash Rookie
NNID
TroyD98
I played with an amazing Falcon and we played Falcon dittos for 1 hour but then he had to quit. Who was it? He played Ness and Falcon.
Do you remember the tag? Those are my mains, but they are also pretty frequent characters.

Top Bottom