• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GGs to Nova on the Wii U. You were one of the better Roy players I've seen online so far, and all of our matches were extremely fun. You also had a Luigi that seemed pretty good, but I didn't get to play against it much since I had to stop shortly after you brought it out.

I was the pink Ryu with the tag Nexin. I hope we get to face each other again in the future.

AppleTart

Smash Rookie
NNID
AppleTart64
3DS FC
5129-4151-5077
GGs to Lance. Those Roy/Ryu/Lucas battles were a blast. Your Ryu, especially, was awesome. Lots of mind games with that FADC, and lots of combos and aggression to keep me on my toes.

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
GG's to @ Dr.Megaman Dr.Megaman who used Ryu, Megaman, and Ness. Your megaman was fun to fight.

Last edited:
NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
This is gonna be a big list now since Nintendo CLEARLY doesn't want us to keep our replays. If you can't remember playing against me or haven't done so, please ignore this. Sorreh

@Jarhead - Sonic, Ness, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Charizard, Shulk and Luigi
@kyle - ZSS and Captain Falcon
@Rambounet - R.O.B
@Joel - Fox
@Manu - Bowser
@max - Jigglypuff and Fox
@Jonny Paradise - Mario and Lucina
@Deeds - Ness and G&W
@Makani - Greninja
@Conor Clute - Robin
@don Kuri - Greninja
@Maxime Deminne - Ness
@jake - Lucina
@TBSkyen - Little Mac
@Antonino - Greninja, Yoshi, Link, Bowser, Ness and Greninja
@Hajime! - Bowser
@parasyte - Lucario
@Crimson - Ike
@Seth - Ganondorf
@Bird - Diddy Kong
@cole21 - Captain Falcon, Fox, Pikachu, Mario and Little Mac
@Broking - Ness
@ayvx - Bowser
@Germisse - Diddy Kong
@ttmario876 - Toon Link
@Domarz - Diddy Kong
@Gon - Villager and Rosalina & Luma
@DiogoKh - Ganondorf
@Pyro - Shulk
@Schwig - Ganondord, Shulk and Villager
@johnson2127 - Diddy Kong
@Phillip - Ness and Sonic
@Inevv - Bowser Jr, Samus, Falco and Shulk
@Style - Samus, Ganondorf and Luigi
@GregoroV - ZSS
@adam - Kirby, Jigglypuff and Marth
@Destin - Mario, ZSS and Ike
@WelbGT - Zelda
@otsoa - Bowser Jr and Ness
@Kraiden - ZSS
@eric - Ganondorf
@Rodzilla - Captain Falcon
@Fatty - Captain Falcon
@Pascal3000 - Bowser, Pit and Samus
@Brandon - Mario
@Softie - Palutena
@Konnor - Mario
@Sean - Samus and Peach
@Ckeo - Ganondorf
@delkane - Yoshi
@LuckyPower - G&W, Shulf, DHD, Zelda and Toon Link
@Papolyps - Ness and Marth
@davide14 - Captain Falcon and Link
@Umpikiero - Doctor Mario
@Yann J.Ridin - Shulk
@Besart - Greninja
@Semibolt - Pikachu
@jeff - Lucina
@Izaw - Captain Falcon
@stuc - Link
@Ludlfmusic - Ganondorf
@Nick - Samus
@Andy - Fox
@Ghosthands - Little Mac and Megaman
@MrElNoob - Megaman and Captain Falcon
@Joshua Addison - Pikachu
@Mitchell Gardner - Pikachu, Bowser, Mario and Greninja
@BBC Boysen - Luigi and Toon Link
@Marin. - Jigglypuff
@Ry - Little Mac
@kil-favor - Falco
@PQR - Yoshi
@Fox Mcloud - Fox
@EvilWithin - Doctor Mario
@Dex - Doctor Mario
@Noah Bogart - Mario
@Maxy - Zelda
@ryan - Marth
@vegeta fox - Link and Lucina
@Jason - Shiek, Link and ZSS
@mcbiggz - Shiek and Ness
@PanchBurger - Marth, Captain Falcon, Shiek, Luigi and Villager
@Xavier - Captain Falcon
@jonniemike - Villager and Ness
@Joseph - Marth and Lucario
@Paul Centorame - ZSS and DK
@Julio - R.O.B
@Mark - Rosalina & Luma and ZSS
@poo - Captain Falcon
@Angel (AyJay) - Lucario, Yoshi and Captain Falcon
@Mag-DX - Ness
@stroke - Captain Falcon
@AdyHale18 - Lucas
@yo - Lucas and Ryu
@Bobobob - Ryu, Jigglypuff and Bowser
@flaw - Ryu
@dB - Captain Falcon
@Gun-Gun - Roy, Rosalina & Luma, ZSS, Mewtwo and WFT
@Bobby Corwen - Greninja

Thank sweet merciful god that's over, if you remember any of our previous matches (The characters next to your names and the characters you used, btw) send me a message and let's play again!

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GGs to chof on the 3ds. You were the first Samus I've seen who was more focused on the close range pressure game than on trying to zone me out, so you completely caught me off guard for a couple of games.

I was the red Roy named Austin.

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
(Wii U) Alfonso, you were an awesome enough Shulk, and you beat up my Lucas good. But those Ganon dittos, there were something. Most fun I’ve had in For Glory for a long time. Thanks for the games, if you’re out there.

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
I was Mr. Fail on 3DS For Glory 1v1
Shoutout to BBEG, who played :4ryu: and :4feroy:, reminding me of how bad I am at this game. I couldn't beat you except one time as Jigglypuff.

Also, shoutout to Josh (:4samus:,:4ness:). I played Lucas on 1v1 but I also saw you on 2v2 FG later where you went :4tlink:.

Also, shoutout to Skylar. You went :4ryu: every single match. I was that hyper-annoying Lucas/Mr. Game & Watch that won almost every match due to something jank like a Dthrow --> 9 hammer. And that one match where you used Shoryuken, sent me into the Star KO animation, but fell off of the stage and died before I did.

GG to all of you guys.

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout to @Batuhan: You need to explain how you could run into King D's ftilt, shield a few times and then go for a grab before the ftilt ends. You outteched my considerably but I feel cheated. D:

Also, nice Lucas mirrors.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GGs to @ Zylach Zylach on the 3ds. I was planning on practicing Lucas at first, but when I saw that you had [SB] in front of your name I decided to use my main instead.

All your characters were very good, especially your Zelda. I had never seen anybody set up her forward air with down tilt before now, so you actually scared me quite a bit when that happened.

I was the Palutena player named Austin. I hope to face you again in the future.

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
OH MY GOSH! Your Falco is amazing. You read my air dodges and punished me. I learned a lot from playing against you. Please have a nice day and here is my FC:
3153-5083-6316
Thanks. Added you as well.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
I played with an amazing Falcon and we played Falcon dittos for 1 hour but then he had to quit. Who was it? He played Ness and Falcon.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
GGs to @ Zylach Zylach on the 3ds. I was planning on practicing Lucas at first, but when I saw that you had [SB] in front of your name I decided to use my main instead.

All your characters were very good, especially your Zelda. I had never seen anybody set up her forward air with down tilt before now, so you actually scared me quite a bit when that happened.

I was the Palutena player named Austin. I hope to face you again in the future.
Hey, thanks for the GG's. Wish I could've faced you offline with a gcn controller. Sometimes I just play online 3ds for funsies but you're a skilled player and I wish I was playing with my best setup so I could've put up more of a fight. I love seeing good Palutena players though. I'm looking to second her as she's a ton of fun to play and also to watch. I highly recommend watching some Aerolink tourney footage as he plays a superb and exciting customs Palutena.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
Good games to Demise0720 on 3DS. I enjoyed fighting your :4fox: those games with my :4lucina:. My :4falco: certainly needs a lot of work though since I'm still testing him out, lol. Hopefully we'll meet again. Sorry for the lag though. ^^;;

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Played an excellent :4charizard: and :4lucario: named Qwerty on 3DS For Glory. Had a lot of fun, and you're really good.

I was the :4duckhunt: tagged 'Hound"

Last edited:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
GGs to Seraphy, we started and ended with Roy dittos, and traded victories in Roy v Marth. It was super fun and your use of Dancing Blade is fantastic.

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
I've seen some people with [SB] in front of their names. I'm assuming this means Smashboards? Should I add that in front of my name?

Also, GG to a DK named Joel on the 3DS. I two-stocked you with my Robin, then got bodied twice. Ungh.

Matsushi

True Blood
[Wii U] Good games to JS I ROB who used Roy and Captain Falcon! Both characters were top notch, and I really enjoyed fighting against you. ^^ I was the Marth, ZSS and Robin with the tag "Matsu".

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Played some dude named bigb last night for a solid while. Started off with my Ryu against his DHD, then he switched to Cpt Falcon and romped my Ryu. So I went Falcon and we dittoed for a solid 4/5 matches. Good stuff, wish I would have seen a bit more out of your DHD

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
GGs to BetaLuma. Your Rosa was awesome, and I'm sad I only got to play her the one time at the end.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
First time on For Glory in months since i like to stay away from it, luckily i found a pretty good player named Vic and we played a long session with random characters. GGs man.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
If there is a sleep-hatted Jiggs player named Master out there, gg on all games, I really enjoyed them. You even taught me a few tricks. (I was the Jiggs named Tim)

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Shout-outs to a player using the tag FLYTY. (@flyty ?)

I couldn't take a single game off of you out of the four or so we played. You thoroughly outplayed me, and your Samus in particular caught me off-guard since it played so differently from every other Samus I've come across, but not only that you were making her work. Your Marth was just incredibly solid too.

I was the player using gold Roy/blue ROB/blue Dedede. GGs, I definitely want another crack at that Samus and Marth.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
[3DS] GGs to a player named Shade who went Lucas/Ness/Mewtwo/Villager/and Pikachu. You were quite skilled and put up a good challenge. Sucks that the lag was bumping in at times but thats FG for ya.

I was Metalbro who went Red Falcon/DK/Ryu/Jiggs.

Last edited:

Lanayru3

Smash Rookie
NomMelon on the 3DS, your Shulk is simply amazing and you gave me a really good challenge.

I played my Luigi against you in I think it was 2 or 3 of our matches, and the last match was really coincidental with the exact same light blue-orange Falcon costumes, though unfortunately the connection broke before the ditto could've become really fun.

link2702

Smash Champion
ggs @Spirst, glad i found someone else here.

>.< god pacman is a tricky character.....tricky to play, trickier to play against. SOme of that stuff such as using his up b right as a ledge guard to stop rolling, getups and getup attacks(and possibly jumping...pretty much covers the whole ledge option...) i never could of thought of.....

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Had a wonderful time on Wii U with someone earlier. I can't remember their player tag, but their Mii name was Garbage. They used a variety of characters (many of which I also used) and the majority of the matches were very close. I neglected to send a friend request before they left, which I honestly regret.

GGs anyhow.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Had a wonderful time on Wii U with someone earlier. I can't remember their player tag, but their Mii name was Garbage. They used a variety of characters (many of which I also used) and the majority of the matches were very close. I neglected to send a friend request before they left, which I honestly regret.

GGs anyhow.
If it was on Wii U, you can go into your Friends list and check a menu that says "Users played with" and they should show up near the top of that list if you played with them recently. You can send them a friend request from there.

RoboHobo

Smash Rookie
3DS: Just played " Zef " on the 3ds. You beat me in every match except the first one and taunted/teabagged more than anyone I've ever played with. Immature and unnecessary. Grow up.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Made an account just to say this, but I had some great rounds against a guy by the name of Bridger on 3DS. I'd be happy for a few more rounds against you.

That dorf pressure was real, man.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Made an account just to say this, but I had some great rounds against a guy by the name of Bridger on 3DS. I'd be happy for a few more rounds against you.

That dorf pressure was real, man.
That was me. :colorful:

Those were some truly excellent games, dude! I didn't want to leave, but I had to run to my school to do something before they locked up for the night.

Send me a PM and I'll add you so we can play some more! I appreciate how honestly you made me play, not falling for my little tricks and just generally playing a safe game. Well played, sir.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
ggs to frenchy, snapback(dat pikachu....dat pikachu is all i'll say.....:glare: ) and jawbreaker.

I'm assuming it was one guy and his 2 brothers playing.

Top Bottom