• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

DeltaRouge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeltaRouge
3DS FC
3179-6366-8322
You sound familiar! I don't think I have any replays, sorry :(

I use the yellow Wii Fit Trainer! though I do recall accidentally using other palettes so I probably used blue :p I remember your Lucina though and I had fun in those matches. I would love to fight you again sometime!
Aw, that's alright. And actually, yellow Wii Fit Trainer sounds a bit familiar. I think you alternated between both colors, but it was female regardless.

And definitely, I had a lot of fun as well! I'd be up for a match anytime, just let me know when! It'd be nice to get some good
:4wiifit: MU training too. ツ

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Came out of lurking to say I played against a good zss named zoo I think. I lost the majority, but our matches were close and I had fun. I was the Luigi with the tag Anon.
Yeaaaah, zoo was a badass. he kept changing his tag slightly, like ~Zoo or ~Zoo~, I guess for control schemes.
I know I need work, but I won about 4 out of 25 i guess.
ZZS, Mac, Fox, Sheik, Falcon damn.

GA_Mordecai

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-6450-7000
If there is a Pit main who's name starts with obeymal(ends there) I was the one who did the DP vs Pit match against you. Oh my god dude you are by far the best Pit player I've met and even though I got completely destroyed I'd LOVE to vs you again

Hitokiri_Ace

Smash Rookie
Fought a few good people online tonight! :D I was a bit salty with some of 'em, not gonna lie. lol
Playing Zelda/Ganon and rarely Palutena.

Rome, we had some fun battles.
:3 I like how we started out trolling each other, then turned around mid-matches. lol
GGs, would play again.

TheGlamourGroup

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGlamourGroup
3DS FC
4012-5262-5536
If there ever was a G&W, Dark Pit, recently a black shirt Ness, or really just about anyone, whose name was
Creepyn... (Creepyness), that's me.

And there was someone named MAZTER who usually picked Mega Man who was extremely funny and kept spinning and crouching and was just really fun to play with. I had a great time with you. If you are here, please reply.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
To the player I met on Wii U For Glory and the tag SHAWN, your Mewtwo was superb and your Donkey Kong was absolutely AMAZING; I enjoyed fighting you.
Between smash jp3ds, smash na 3ds, smash Wii u I have 15,000 matches played and for 6 months I have been angry I have not gotten a shout outout. THANK YOU lol

Good looks @Big O

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Hey BC, it's Muppet. If you're wandering around here at all, I just wanted to say you are an amazing player. You seemed to be good with every character in the game and the match where you two-stocked me in that Duck Hunt Ditto destroyed my soul a little. I was ready to give up there and then...

Anyway, good games man.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
If there was a dude Atoyont on smash 3DS Yesterday late last night. We had a Toon Link and Meta Knight fight and it was a really REALLY close match. And at the end of the match we actually died at the same time causing a sudden death.

Other matches Included a Villager ditto and a palutena ditto.

GG'S

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
If there was a dude Atoyont on smash 3DS Yesterday late last night. We had a Toon Link and Meta Knight fight and it was a really REALLY close match. And at the end of the match we actually died at the same time causing a sudden death.

Other matches Included a Villager ditto and a palutena ditto.

GG'S
That was most likely @Kofu

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Shout outs to Tato / tatinho03 in the Wii U FG 1v1 room for being one of the best DHes I've ever personally played as of this point. Your quality of play has practically redefined to me how the non Customs meta may go surrounding this MU. Despite me getting blown up by you multiple times, I've enjoyed every single match we've had.

Do I have a regret? Yes, that I didn't bring out my DH for the mirror match, and therefore, you didn't get to see my CostcoDawg tag. You see, I main both Jr AND DH, and until our set of matches today, I had thoroughly believed that Jr had the edge against DH in this MU. Has my view of the Jr VS DH MU w/out customs changed? It very well could!

Were you going in for head shots? Yes! Were you chasing me for FAir juggling after landing a full shot-up Clay on me? Yes! Have you bodied my Jr multiple times? YES!1 Enough to make me look like a scrub or even beginner? Possibly! Enough to make my post here regarding the Jr VS DH MU sound ill-informed and littered with theorycraft? You very well could! This whole time, I thought that because of how Jr's Mecha & even uncharged Cannonball pierced the entirety of DH's arsenal that the dog would have no choice but to go in. Tato, I believe you have shattered that notion wide open. You really CAN be defensive and even lame out customless Jr after all! Like what certain DH players around here once claimed was possible.... Clay straight up beats Side B, that was confirmed multiple times throughout our set. With Customs, I'll now be running Side 3 for this reason. That Side 3 will pierce Cans and Gunmen as well will be icing on that cake.

If you're here, I would LOVE to not only grind out the Jr VS DH MU some more, but I would also LOVE to read what you have to say about that MU in either the Jr or DH character boards. Seeing as how you've bodied me multiple times, perhaps what you'll argue is how heavily the MU is in favor of the dog when Customs are off. I reckon all the Jr & DH Players around here would be very curious about your possible explanation of it. I myself would love to read it. I'd also like to challenge your defensive DH with my own aggressive rushdown Dalmation Dog some day.

I earnestly LOVE the Jr VS DH MU for both parties involved, even DH without Customs, but considering your performance that seems to reflect that you've read my posts regarding this MU, perhaps I should be saying "even Jr without customs." No matter how badly I get beat on either side of this MU, I will still adore it. I do wonder if you'll accept my friend request... I was Sploosh, aka MechaKoops, btw. I'm surprised I've even managed to take one round off of you, considering how much you were making my Jr look free to your DH, and I'm the guy that's been arguing that Jr has at least a slight edge in the MU w/out customs, and so far, no one around here has challenged my claim. Perhaps if you have an account here, you'll be among the first to do so, and I welcome the challenge if that's the case.

Is there any critique I could give you as a fellow DH main? Yes. Move either with or away from your Can, Gunmen, or Clays. Moving with your arsenal can help cover your approaches, while moving away from your arsenal can strengthen your fortress. UTilt can KO at 150+% reliably, which when I was at around that range myself, I was expecting to see you go for it, yet it didn't happen at all, not even once. I'd also recommend you yourself going off-stage to edgeguard me once your Can's been bypassed, since you can definitely spike me with DAir if you're above me. I was throwing out attacks prematurely off-stage after many a jump (including the Side B Jump Cancel), expecting you yourself to come over to me for the DAir spike or NAir/FAir/BAir edgeguard, yet many a time, you didn't do it. You very well could've KO'd me MUCH sooner more often had you have done so, especially if you timed it in such a way that you hit me out of my Up B with either the DAir spike or the sourspot NAir that even mashing the airdodge button would not get me back my Clown Car after landing it.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS]
GG's to a player named Symvi. You had an amazing Fox and gave my Sonic a hard time. You were great at applying pressure and keeping me on my toes. Sorry I had to leave early. I would love to fight you again.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout to Zeph (USA iirc). Destroyed me clearly and easily for like 30 times, but I ain't even mad.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Shoutout to someone named Cosmic~...

You absolutely bodied me with that Fox. I never knew that anyone was that good at punishing rolls. Thanks to you, I have truly learned why Samus should not roll. Also, you had an awesome reflection in one of our matches. I don't know how you did it. One minute I was wearing down your shield and the next frame I was flying off the screen. Stellar reads everywhere. Truly great player.

I really wish there were more people on FG like this... Seems like they all come out past 10:00.

Oh and sorry I wasn't a very worthy opponent haha

Last edited:

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Just played someone named Javi 1v1 3DS For Glory? They played mostly Link iirc (or maybe that was the person I played after?), so maybe it was @javi(link)? Idk, but the name sounded familiar. I was red/white Mega Man.

Anyway, good games if you're out there!

Last edited:

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
Fought against a pretty good :4falcon: on 3DS who goes by isicle. Those matches were fun. I did not expect the knee in some of our matches lol. I've learned a bit from using my :4lucina: against you. I think I should see some of Neo's matches again to get a good idea on what I need to work on.

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
Shoutout to a 3DS player named JV from Cali. We had like an hour of solid matches. Great Ganon/Dk

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Shout out to Erick (I think that was how it was spelled) on the 3ds who I just versed a couple of minutes ago . You had an amazing :4yoshi:. Probably the best :4yoshi:I ever played on for glory. I was the :4rob: player. You actually beat me the first round and we both played really carefully. I like the combos that you did and one of the combos actually combo-ed into a spike 0_o . You also spaced properly with the eggs and used it for some crazy mind games! If you see this we should vs. again sometime! I want to practice using my other characters such as :4gaw: and :4falco:. I wanted to switch but I stuck with R.O.B. just so I could adapt to your playstyle. Intense games man!

Elpeo Puru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5043-3051-5146
Fought @ BrosUnited BrosUnited 's Meteor in a Palutena ditto twice. Was good fun. Got thrashed by his Sonic and then I had to leave. GGs man.

Ferox

Smash Rookie
Did we battle? When?
And Thank you...
Hes the only character pretty much i like...i dabble with Bowser and Mewtwo but ultimately cant leave Ganon alone...
Im waiting on K.Rool hopefully.
Who was you,?
My nickname is Raw (played Samus obviously). I fought a Ganondorf some hours ago named Dark Phazon (uhh might have been just Phazon, now i feel really unsure). You or he also played a couple matches as Charizard, sound familiar? Might be mixing up, remember seeing your name will browsing the Ganon boards so i thought maybe it was you.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
My nickname is Raw (played Samus obviously). I fought a Ganondorf some hours ago named Dark Phazon (uhh might have been just Phazon, now i feel really unsure). You or he also played a couple matches as Charizard, sound familiar? Might be mixing up, remember seeing your name will browsing the Ganon boards so i thought maybe it was you.
Ow cool! And yh that was me man xD
Ugh...you cant combo samus..plus your grapple beam was giving me trouble.
And very good use of your morph ball bombs.
I need to improve with Charizard.

Ferox

Smash Rookie
Ow cool! And yh that was me man xD
Ugh...you cant combo samus..plus your grapple beam was giving me trouble.
And very good use of your morph ball bombs.
I need to improve with Charizard.
Haha, the grapple beam tends to give me trouble because of its startup and endlag (works fine on slow and big chars like Ganon and Samus tho). I often just throw the morph ball bombs out randomly, sometimes they work amazingly, other times they just make me look stupid:laugh:. Thought you did good the first time with Charizard, tho I have little experience fighting Charizard. You had some good reads with your Ganon anyway.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I gonna gives props to a guy named OHBK, I think. I had a lot of fun with our battles and your characters like :4falco:,:4alph:, and :4gaw: were really good. I got to pack, but I'm looking forward to face you again, sometime:)

I'm Matrix125 online, by the way.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
REALLY good games to a guy named Hound. Played Zelda and G&W. Really good games, such a solid player. Man that G&W is scary.
That might have been me. I do remember using GaW earlier this week so i think we played eachother. Thanks for the compliment :)

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
That might have been me. I do remember using GaW earlier this week so i think we played eachother. Thanks for the compliment :)
I remember seeing Duck Hunt in your icon so I guess that was you!

I don't really main Jiggly so maybe that's why I didn't do so swell with her. I was Myles.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I remember seeing Duck Hunt in your icon so I guess that was you!

I don't really main Jiggly so maybe that's why I didn't do so swell with her. I was Myles.
From what I remember GaW vs your Jiggs was quite exhausting so I'm sure you did fine lol.

But yea as my icon says, I main Duck Hunt and Yoshi. I enjoy like rotating different characters for fun every now and then though.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
Yo SwaggyJ, those matches against your :4sheik: on 3DS were really fun! I got bodied the majority of the matches, but it was totally worth it. Sorry for the lagspikes and all. We seriously must play again though. :D

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
GGs to a Ness player on 3DS named Hasedi, I was Myles. Good games! Love Ness dittos, they're always dumb. Got too ballsy with PKT2, haha, so my bad.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GGs to Excanto (sorry if I mispelled your name) on the 3ds. You were the first Olimar player that I've seen in a long time, and you really knew what you were doing.

I was the Palutena player named Austin. I hope to play against you some more in the future.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Met someone the other day on 3DS by the name of Kumar

Dear, Mr. Kumar... if you're reading this...

STOP STEALING MY NAME!!!1one :mad:

:006:

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Well, I tried out my :4falcon: and :4ganondorf:on FG WiiU after beating my brother offline. Ran into a guy named Eternity (NNID Wilson) who also plays them. By far the most fun matches I've ever had. I have several replays saved, one that involved a reverse Falcon Punch clash and another with a Ganon Utilt shield break. Those were wicked.
Anyway, kudos to you, Eternity. (Yes, I know, I need to start DI'ing better)

DeltaRouge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeltaRouge
3DS FC
3179-6366-8322
[3DS] For Glory / Team Smash

Shoutouts to Quincy (Texas, USA), ayami (North Carolina, USA) and Zen (Ontario, Canada) for some pretty fun Team Battles! I liked the theme we seemed to have when Arena Ferox was chosen as our next stage to play on, and we were playing Fire Emblem characters, aside from Zen.

Zen : You played red dressed :4peach:, and that sudden death when you killed Quincy (:4marth:) with your parasol was awesome. c:

Quincy : You played :4marth:with the red jewel and reddish armor for all of the games I was in, and I had a lot of fun being on your team when we were paired up. Had some communication going on where one grabbed and the other smashed, aha.

ayami : I recall you playing :4robinf: and :4wendy:, if I'm right. Thanks for keeping my back with Thoron when I was in a tight spot. c:

I was 'Mateo' who played :4peach: with her white and red dress (Peach dittos were fun, lol) and :4lucina: in her normal outfit.

My profile messages should've brought you guys here; I'm pretty sure 'SBrds: DeltaRouge' should be enough. Anyway, hoping you guys can find me and we can have some more matches if possible! I'd love to play you guys again sometime. ^^

Jodien

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rollel
3DS FC
1590-4685-3315
Fought some Lucina dittos with someone named "Miggy". Also a Lucina v Marth match at the end. Good games! I love your Lucina and I'd love to fight you more sometime.

EDIT: Also, I just fought someone named.. Lexio I think? There were fancy symbols in the name xD Anyways, those were great Lucina v Roy and Marth v Roy matches! I loved the taunts at the beginning of each match. That Sudden Death match was glorious btw. :4marth::4lucina::4feroy:

Last edited:

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Just came offa online, my first (and only) opponent today was someone by the name of 'Sol^2JT' or something like that. He started off playing Ryu, then switched to Duck Hunt and proceeded to kick my butt in Duck Hunt dittos. It was pretty soul destroying. I didn't think I would air-dodge into that many f-smashes.

Welp, I admire this guy. He plays a dang good Duck Hunt. I hope he sees this, and we can play Duck Hunt dittos and maybe he can teach me a thing or two about dogs.

Although if we do play again man, please cut down on the taunting. I get it. Yer whooping my ass. Please stop laughing at me. Ack!

Top Bottom