• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

whiteboyu

Smash Rookie
Where the heck is Timmy? I was fighting the same guy I think. Oh well we had some fun matches. My wii name is "white" wii u is "whiteboyu"

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
This is GEEK4JESUS on wii u. Fought some really good battles tonight. In particular the 1v1 I fought against a guy with the nickname of GROOT was fantastic. You were pac man and ness and were really good with both of them, and I need work vs ness anyway :) the pac man ditto match was cray cray fun :D

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Cause u no ask :c (also life, fg is quickerrrr)

Also, i dont get salty i'd acknowledge that someone beat me fluidly, like that smash bros. guy his mii looks like sakurai demolished my MK with his sheik, but i came right back with kirby, dunno why he wanted to ditto, maybe disrespect? well disrespect denied. What I get annoyed about is players that think their leagues ahead (when their not and showboat like their the ****, when they aint and the matches were either way).
I ask on Skype all the time man, pls.

All dat FG isn't good for your health.

av448

Smash Cadet
i played against this Miler guy , we played only 2 matches , i used Ike and you Marth , i played bad because there was lag and i was angry when i see you disconected because i lost for the lag ( i tried to jump to the ledge but for some reason Ike didn't jump and i lost , then you disconnected ) , give me another chance , i use Marth very well too , if you want to do some ditto. I won't dissapoint you if you give me another chance , i am sure of it

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Just played a bunch of matches against a player called Tetra who mained Sheik. Anybody here?

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
DanDan612, you were an annoying fight with Palutena. Good show. Didn't care about you taunting, but it was very irritating how you disconnected right before I killed you with Shulk.

Last edited:

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
never occurred to me how good doc's upb oos is as a killing move, though you did get a little desperate for them at the end...

i was the pink yoshi named kips. ggs, Dr. S.

D

Deleted member

DanDan612, you were an annoying fight with Palutena. Good show. Didn't care about you taunting, but it was very irritating how you disconnected right before I killed you with Shulk.
Actually, I never disconnect. I'm not the kind of person who'll dc when he loses. I don't know why we got dc'd. And a side note, Palutena is so fun omg.

Semystic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-0984-7173
Lol disconnecting sucks

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
So today I just fought some guy who never approached with his Oli and Paletuna. So I decided I'd take a stock off him and run away the whole match after. After getting the lead and avoiding him until there was about 30-40 seconds left I noticed he stopped chasing me and started camping at the ledge while taunting. (Guessing that was supposed to provoke me into approaching) I planted my Kongs fatass at the opposite edge and just waited. He periodically jab'd and taunted while I just stayed there.

That's when I learned that you could get kicked out of the game for being idle. lol

ellord

Smash Apprentice
Just played a bunch of matches against a player called Tetra who mained Sheik. Anybody here?
It's probably tetra from hooper.fr, but he's french.

So today I just fought some guy who never approached with his Oli and Paletuna. So I decided I'd take a stock off him and run away the whole match after. After getting the lead and avoiding him until there was about 30-40 seconds left I noticed he stopped chasing me and started camping at the ledge while taunting. (Guessing that was supposed to provoke me into approaching) I planted my Kongs fatass at the opposite edge and just waited. He periodically jab'd and taunted while I just stayed there.

That's when I learned that you could get kicked out of the game for being idle. lol
Same thing happened to me, it was a mario. He was playing fair, but I was winning hard. So he changed his styleplay and decided to play extremely defensive in spamming fireball and avoiding the fight, he finish by take my 1st stock, i had still cearly the advantage but he won time then won in sudden death. So to make him what i feel, i take fox. I spam laser, then when he get close he spam fireball, so i just hold reflector until he get bored and decide to approach to run/jump to the other side of the stage. I repeat that until his % is high to finish. Then I just stall (rolling. shielding, jumping and running) and don't try to touch him for 3-4m. I repeat that until he ragequit or play fair. at the 3rd match he played fair but won hardly, the next match he return to mario do the same thing then after ragequit.

Last edited:

PartyHat

Smash Rookie

That's what exactly happened to myself! I played against a Fox that seriously just rolled to one edge, spam his lasers and if you come to close to him he rolls to the oder side. So I crouched with Pikachu to avoid his lasers after getting one Stock rid of him and suddenly got disconnected after a while.

To be honest this was kinda funny messing around with that guy.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Good games, @ Croi Croi . Congratulations on being the first Smashboards user I have found in For Glory, as far as I know! Good stuff with Lucario and Duck Hunt. I was the Bowser and Sonic, the guy you just now played. I would play more, but I have to go.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
50-60 is freezing for me haha. I'm up to play whenever you do get Wi-Fi access (if I'm available of course).
Yea, I stopped playing online for a bit (kept getting creamed by better people that have played the game longer than me, been focusing on other stuff at the moment.)

Ronk

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-1560-1125
Had some really fun matches for about an hour or so with somebody by the name of LordFred. Gah those Bowser Jr vs Luigi matches that we had. It was scary when you adapt and change your playstyle. It kind of pressured me into turtling more when I noticed you getting more aggressive.

I hope to play you again someday man. It's moment like those is what I live for when it comes to Smash. =D

This was charlize that you've played LordFred.
I played what I think was the same guy if you ever find him send him my way my name online is Ronk and I played purple Dedede.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
online my mii name is Capt. Zack was going by GT Zackc; before.
was using in game tag of captain! now using LILY. have i played any of you?~<3

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Don't know if this "Tra_SB" guy has SB in his name because he's from here but GGs. He played Sonic and Toonlink.

I was "SBMetal" who went Red DK and Falcon. Kind of got tired from all that rolling and as soon as you pulled out TL I knew it was going to be hell playing you. Couple in the lag factor and boom, Salt production. Didn't want any of that so I left.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
GGs to a purple Charizard named Munk. I won all but one but he kept them all close. Lots and lots of Fire Breath/Flamethrower spacing.

SlickDaddyV

Smash Rookie
DJ aka OVER9000

i may have lost everytime but damn did I have FUN playing you, hope to play again :D

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
some link player named eduardo

i really don't feel i'm exaggerating when i say i've never liked fighting link on for glory

that said, i'm really disappointed i got disconnected. that was a lot of fun.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
3DS/ GGs to a player named "Lobstaar"

You were the second person I've ever met in FG that knows how to communicate with me. The jab signals and crouches were really clear for both of us. You played some decent characters. A Black/Yellow Peach, Normal Yoshi and Fox.

I went Red Ness, Falcon, and DK. I also went Zelda to do her wave/goodbye taunt when I had to leave, which you responded to right away.

Hope you're on the site!

Last edited:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Played a guy who used the tag KIBA for a few matches. Was really fun. c: When our first match starts and I see a pink Captain Falcon telling me to "Come on!", I know I have met a real man. GGs buddy. Keep repping that Falcon and Shulk!

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I just fought a Peach mainer named ★Lily✰ in a Team For Glory room who pretty much destroyed our entire team by herself while her partner did little more than just watch, i assume as dumbfounded as we were.

Wherever you are, teach me, ★Lily✰ sensei D:

Hitokiri_Ace

Smash Rookie
Played a Zelda named @Bonren . Good game although it was quite laggy and I messed up a lot. I don't actually main Luigi but I use Duck Hunt. I just tend to mess around with other characters on For Glory occasionally

I also played several games vs Hito-ace. Ggs
Hey, nifty. :) It's been forever since you said this, but that's me. :D (I play Zelda mostly.)
Can't say I remember the matches.. been a while and all.. but I'm sure it was fun!

HerbSuperb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1409-4860
Just played a "snow" on for glory. I've seen someone with the same tag play on VGbootcamps stream for WiiU so it might be the same dude. Anyone know him or his smashboards name?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
This is more to see if anyone else has fought him, but I played a guy with the tag of チャンピオン (Champion, if you were wondering) earlier this morning. I played three matches with him. He started with default Little Mac and switched to gold Captain Falcon for one match. He ended the fight there with a DAir spike that would have been suicidal if it missed. I really enjoyed playing against him. Probably won't find him here since he seemed pretty solidly Japanese (being from Tokyo and everything). I could have played more against him if I didn't have to go, since he stuck around unlike most people with Japanese names I've fought.

So, uh, tl;dr: has anyone else fought a player with the tag チャンピオン who used Little Mac and Captain Falcon?

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Thanks ever so much to Spboy95 for some amazing matches last night. I made a lot of rookie mistakes, but you were a true gent regardless and I had a lot of fun fighting you. That Shulk / Ike battle should have been yours and I got really really lucky with it. I learned a lot from those matches and hope we can play again soon!

Thanks as well to lemonpenguin for some fun games. You're a cool guy and you played well, apologies for not sticking around longer, I had a blast all the same~

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
Good games to a player named CHAWIZA.... Those were the best matches I had in For Glory in a while. Your Luigi was a challenge to deal with.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
@Hyro

I think I fought you in Smash 3DS. (Typed @Hyro to see if I got any results for SB players, and sure enough, I got you)

I was the Blue Charizard, White ZSS, and Blue Captain Falcon. You started with Diddy, Mario(?), then Tink, and etc.

Didn't want to play Falcon, I thought I did, but I've got too much ZSS habits to pick him up again. My Charizard is something I only just picked up recently and am practicing.

Gg's hough, I admit I did get salty after one of the matches where I was ZSS, but tried to brush it off and go another Charizard match. I don't feel I played as well as I could've, but you were really good.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
played a diddy kong and captain falcon on wii u. mii name was Markus and in-game name was "SHREK" lel. anyway i was the olimar/peach nice characters

WhoaConstrictor

Smash Rookie
3DS

Hey Jun- fun set! I was Whoa on Pit. You're a fantastic Link player and that was some of the most fun I've had online. Kudos!

Last edited:

JackD

Smash Rookie
Fun games with someone named Boofy(Boffy?). The Rosalina + Luma matches were kind of roll-y and camp-y but all the other matches I really enjoyed. I was playing Fox and Yoshi

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
[Wii U] So, to whoever was named Sakura with a female Mii, long brown hair, and glasses who used ridley:4charizard: against my pink :4pit:, I doubt you come on here but if you do I had a lot of fun in our match. 80% of our 2 matches were just us goofing off, crouching, taunting, walking/running up close to our characters, and being dorks, but it was still a lot of fun. After coming off of a rather sizable loosing streak, having an off day, and being rather flustered this was a really nice stupid fun break from all the smashing. Thank you for bringing some mindless fun into for glory and making my night better. I love it when I find people like you in for glory, because I can be the same way.

LyonDRC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LyonDRC
Just played a bunch of matches against someone with the tag of SKY_MP3. It was red Marth vs black Sheik. I already added you but just wondering if you visit smashboards :p

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
To Chris from Florida playing Belch Ness: I really enjoyed the Ness ditto we had back there! Shout out to you, my good guy! I'm still learning Ness, so it would be super cool if you wanted to hit me up and help me with that!

To Glub/Glup (I forgot your name? Oh gosh, I'm sorry) from the Canary Islands: Your Zelda was really fun to play against. If I were you, however, I wouldn't put as much faith in teleport as you did. But it sure would be fun to fight you again!

Top Bottom