• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Fought a guy named "POM" for like an hour today (right now, from 2:30am to 3:30am). I think I only got like 2 wins against him (the first of which, he was Mario and just... fell of the stage twice). Great matches, good Capt. Falcon. Good demonstration of shorthop + fastfall nairs being so useful on a variety of characters.

I believe you used Capt. Falcon, Little Mac, and Mario.

I was "PR", the Pac-Man who kept short-hopping off stage into your grounded up-tilt meteor. I'll figure out the matchup eventually :-) Overall, they were quite low-lag, good quality matches, you must be on the East-Coast somewhere close to me.

PS: Your Pac-man sucks btw. Lol. Thanks for the mercy match.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Thought I ought to leave this here before I went to sleep. Played for a while in FF earlier and managed to find my friend @kaazers who watched me fight a couple other people. Soon after his sister joined us and watched, too.

GameMas... (cut off, forgot to check), you had a pretty good WFT, but watch the way you just walk into someone's space and begin tilting. Not a safe thing, even if I'm not used to fighting WFT. Pardoning your use of final smashes, you were fun to fight, and GGs.

TOCAN FL3X from.. Mexico, iirc; I had a lot of fun fighting your Marth, Luigi, and Falcon. We went even on all of our matches, and if only you wouldn't have resorted to items or KO'ing Kaz's sister's Shulk each time to win. GGs bro, show a little courtesy to those who don't use items against you, even if it is a FFA.

Diego, thanks for sticking around with us dorks and making the party even more fun up until you were disconnected. :b:

I was ☆Sassy, and I believe all that I used were Sumia Lucina, XY Hat Pikachu, dark Zelda, both white and black dress Rosalina, pink Robin, green female WFT, and GSD(I believe) DHD. Pretty sure I only used the first three while fighting.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I was ☆Sassy, and I believe all that I used were Sumia Lucina, XY Hat Pikachu, dark Zelda, both white and black dress Rosalina, pink Robin, green female WFT, and GSD(I believe) DHD. Pretty sure I only used the first three while fighting.
a Sumia Lucina? wait, I think I remember facing you at one point in For Glory, I was "Phoenix", predominantly a Dunban Shulk, though I play regular Male Robin, and a red Dark Pit...

Last edited:

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Just played a purple Yoshi named "Tim", we had pretty much the same level so it was really cool! I was the red Palutena "Tang'"

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to a guy named #SJ. Those were some very good games. Your Palutena is definitely the best I've seen, and your other characters were just as good. GGs.

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
I had some awesome Ness dittos with someone named OLLI last night/early this morning. They had Black Shirt, and I started with Pink/Purple, then switched to the Bee Suit. Really want to come by him again, maybe learn a thing or two, cuz after the first few matches, I just got bopped.

Mayday

Smash Cadet
GGs to MrFunny... (For Glory cut his name off). Played about an hour and a half straight with my Lucina vs his Yoshi. Lost a majority of the matches, but could feel my Lucina getting better. Had a lot of fun.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
BIG shoutout to a green Pit named Romano! If only more people would be like you, then for Glory would be absolutely fantastic. Fun, fast back and forth matches, this is the reason I love smash so much. I was purple and golden Captain Falcon named Konrad or Storm!

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
A few days ago I played a pretty good Toon Link named "zT Defu....", Falco named "Kouichi" and a guy who played a monster Link named "CheebDraco" but spelled with strange letters...shout out to those players! I would love to play you guys again....I played Shulk and my name online is Bonren.

LayingSnow

Smash Cadet
I only met a few japanese players which were a real challenge without lag...
If anyone meets me online: I'm LayingSnow in the game playing a white Greninja. See ya

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Speak of the devil,
I've seen Spirst assuming you play with the same name in game ;D
I took 1 game from you then you went on a rampage. First Greninja to teach me how not to play against Greninja. Shame I had to learn after the fact. Good games man.

Spirst

Speak of the devil,
I've seen Spirst assuming you play with the same name in game ;D
I took 1 game from you then you went on a rampage. First Greninja to teach me how not to play against Greninja. Shame I had to learn after the fact. Good games man.
Yep, that's me. I remember seeing your name as well though I can't remember who you used exactly.

And yeah, I have a habit of not taking majority of my games too seriously until I lose. Either way though, good games.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Yep, that's me. I remember seeing your name as well though I can't remember who you used exactly.

And yeah, I have a habit of not taking majority of my games too seriously until I lose. Either way though, good games.
Well I can understand how you wouldn't, I switched characters frequently ha and I can't pick a main to advertise yet, but my D3 trumped the lil frog. Your very tight shuri initiation and follow ups were new to me, it was a fun challenge, but I was punished in the process of discovering it haha. I'm down for a rematch in the future though :D

Spirst

Well I can understand how you wouldn't, I switched characters frequently ha and I can't pick a main to advertise yet, but my D3 trumped the lil frog. Your very tight shuri initiation and follow ups were new to me, it was a fun challenge, but I was punished in the process of discovering it haha. I'm down for a rematch in the future though :D
Oh, I remember now. I believe I got annoyed and then decided to go all-out afterwards. Yeah, D3 can be pretty tricky if you're not careful since the gordo toss can interrupt and his KO power is nothing to laugh at. I'd be down for a rematch. Just tell me when.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Sounds good (props to the creator of this board for it working)

3523-3234-0100
I'll add yours, and we can set up a friendly rematch soon :]

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
So if there's a RedSama out thwre who plays Pink Meta Knight, I was the gold Link/ Bee Suit Ness. Sorry I bailed, my folks wanted me to run an errand but then changed their minds.

Jasir

Smash Rookie
I know i have seen Rockman's name be mentioned in this thread but didn't know how good he actually was until I played him. Just played Rockman's Rockman and he is the best megaman I have ever seen. All my wins were definitely a fluke and Rockman if you see this you sir are an amazing player

Rimz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grimpuppet
I just had some awesome games against a Greninja named Angel. My name ingame is Rima and I did play a Red Fox. If you read this please send me a PM. I would love to add you to friends and play again. Your Greninja is AWESOME!

Cheers!

bolin

Smash Rookie
wow what an awesome player i met today o.O
his name was skyward and he played an unbeatable samus. played 10 games and could only take 2 stocks

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I believe I may have just had the pleasure of playing SmashBoards' own @ ndayday ndayday . You were green Dedede and I was the black Marth who taunted after I broke your shield. Sorry about that and the pretty awful lag - I'm on my parents' internet at the moment, and didn't realise it was so bad. Just decided to test it out, and you were the unfortunate guinea pig :p rest assured I'll not be using that again, for the benefit of all involved :p

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
Just played a guy named "wzrd" who played lots of characters pretty well. I'm really happy to have played so many matches against you, shout out to him!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I believe I may have just had the pleasure of playing SmashBoards' own @ ndayday ndayday . You were green Dedede and I was the black Marth who taunted after I broke your shield. Sorry about that and the pretty awful lag - I'm on my parents' internet at the moment, and didn't realise it was so bad. Just decided to test it out, and you were the unfortunate guinea pig :p rest assured I'll not be using that again, for the benefit of all involved :p
Oh sweet
yeah, I would have stuck around but that was pretty unbearable.

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
Had some fun games today with MInty, sword, and Sam m9.
I play pink haired Lucina, red Peach and red megaman.
Forgot who minty played but sword your Marth was great. The pivot dancing and dash dance meta was real.
Sam m9 we were on par stock for stock

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just had some fun 2v2 For Glory matches with a Shulk named DOGEH (might have been DOGGEH). If you're somehow reading this, it was really fun playing with (and against) you.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
OK, seriously, who has Nintendo ID "Dubbed"? I NEED to know. It's the most awesome player I've played against. Not only was he very good, but he was very fair and cool. If I fell down a life by accident, he would to, to make it fair. If we got a cool moment/KO, we would both taunt. It was awesome!

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
Edit
Had some fun games today with MInty, sword, and Sam m9.
I play pink haired Lucina, red Peach and red megaman.
Forgot who minty played but sword your Marth was great. The pivot dancing and dash dance meta was real.
Sam m9 we were on par stock for stock
: I go by trell btw

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Didn't catch the name, but just played a Puff and had the best moment haha solid back and forth, then we trade airs, I hop back up and get a knee kill. They come back into battle....do the Puff deflation taunt. Best ever, if that was you against 7YearItch <3333

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
a Sumia Lucina? wait, I think I remember facing you at one point in For Glory, I was "Phoenix", predominantly a Dunban Shulk, though I play regular Male Robin, and a red Dark Pit...
Do you mean 1v1 FG? I haven't been in there yet.. I've pretty much been in just FF smash and FG teams.
Did you play For Fun 2V2 yesterday with a guy called Melonfrog? You ring a bell... But that small font is really hurting my eyes :(
Actually no, I've only been in FF's FFA. And I'm sorry about my font.. D:

Is this better?

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I've been playing a lot of for glory matches today. My name's "Powerst..." online FYI.
Shoutouts to WiiGi (R.O.B), Zack (Rosalina), God (Diddy), and MKGibran (Jigglypuff). You guys are awesome!
Also, Shoutouts to Chris who started off with Ike and ended with a Yellow Charizard on Brinstar (played for a solid hour). I was sorta messing with you with the amount of characters I changed too, then I showed off Link, who was my true main. If you're here on SmashBoards, here's a tip: flare blitz is not a good move to keep spamming since it increases your %, so try to save it as a last resort or use it if you know that it will definitely kill the player. GGs.

What do you guys think of my Link, if you've encountered me as him?

Last edited:

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
Just played Soul for roughly an hour - demolished me with.. well basically everything.. I just managed to score a few wins with Sheik and Ganondorf (your Ganon kill excluded of course :p)

Very fun matches - I'd be glad to fight you again :)

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Jeepy! I don't know if you're out there but those were some of the most fun games I've had in FG. The non stop Ganon ditto was packed with so much power you needed safety goggles so the screen didn't blind you. No but really, thanks for the solid practice and for being a great challenge and player. I lost more than I won, but I felt most the games were solid. I learned a thing or two as well :D

Top Bottom