• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

MightyTro

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-4767-9238
Yeah that was him, im sure.
If it was him, then man. Did he give my jiggly the ropes.
Kept his distance to force me to close in with his side+b, punished my whiffs. Stayed very agile and alert in every fight. I had to save a replay of one fight, just because of how nerve wracking it was.
I definitely need more training for sure... >_>

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
Signed up to try and find a cool opponent I had a couple days ago. I was Little Mac and he was Link and we both charged in a bit and simultaneous used our side-b moves, which resulted in my Little Mac landing on top of the boomerang's whirlwind and getting tossed helplessly off the stage, without either of us taking a single percentage of damage. However, in a true display of sportsmanship, he jumped off the stage and died to even it out, and we finished the match on even ground. Super cool of whoever it was, and we had a few good matches besides, so let's swap codes or whatever.

If anyone fights me, I'm Matt online and mostly play a white Ike or Little Mac, though I play as Falco, Greninja and Olimar as well.
Lmaoo finally found one, that was me, let me know if you want more fun matches

phugface

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phugface
3DS FC
4742-6216-1302
I played over a dozen great games with a guy named Alex, he switched characters a lot and I stayed Palutena. The wins went back and forth and there was 0 lag but honestly I was so tired I had to go. Great games dude, would love to play again!

Last edited:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
My name on For Glory is obviously Gabukin, I usually play Robin, of course. but I also play Ness, Shulk, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.
Hey I think I played you, your name looks familiar.

My mains are sonic, Kirby and Mega man but I might of played with a few others. I remember you were pretty darn good.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I am the red dressed Rosalina named Suigintou. (EDIT: I've changed my name to Shiliski to match my name here)

If you see me, know that I have come for your stocks and will show you no mercy.

Just kidding, I'm not actually not as invincible as I like to pretend, but if you've seen me online I'd like to say "Hello!"

I also met an interesting Lucario by the name of Joshua earlier today. You lost over and over but you never gave up and you were really starting to learn. Some of the moves you pulled off really impressed me. I think you've got some good potential. I remember one time I saw you use Double Team and go careening off the side of the screen, and I figured you were as good as dead because I remember when I mained Lucario in Brawl that was pretty much a death sentence, but you made it back to the stage and I was really surprised by that.

Keep trying. You're good at executing your moves, you just need to read your opponents better. If you're on smashboards, hit me up if you want a few more matches later on. The Lucina mirror matches were fun too, but I think you need to rely upon counter less. Lucina is powerful enough to go aggressive, so you don't need to play defensive with her.

Last edited:

RWB

Smash Ace
I played over a dozen great games with a guy named Alex, he switched characters a lot and I stayed Palutena. The wins went back and forth and there was 0 lag but honestly I was so tired I had to go. Great games dude, would love to play again!
Think I played the same guy. Good with a lot of different characters.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Good games to the Hen[star] player in 1v1 FG. I was (Ü), using Link, G&W and some others.

Last edited:

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Yo, @ Xtremee Xtremee . Did I play you earlier today? I played a Saturn shirt Ness named Link and I played as Lucario, Greninja, and Robin. If so, man, those PK Fire grabs were sick. I got punished for shielding so darn much haha, but I needed something to eat. If that was you,GGs!

Terramorphic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3625-8838-7933
playing a bowser now named hanako, keeps trying to get the KO with the suicide. it's making me sad. good bowser. Really close matches so far.

Noponis

Smash Rookie
Played someone called "Ian" for a while
he used shiek for a few matches , then falcon
i used jiggly for all but the last, in which i switched to ganon
in case you read this:sorry, i didnt mean to sd at the end, i wanted to jump from the ledge and try to grab you with side b , but circlepad **** ups are still a thing for me

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
Yo, @ Xtremee Xtremee . Did I play you earlier today? I played a Saturn shirt Ness named Link and I played as Lucario, Greninja, and Robin. If so, man, those PK Fire grabs were sick. I got punished for shielding so darn much haha, but I needed something to eat. If that was you,GGs!
Not this link lol, I been at work all day so far, but that's weird since I do play with ness anyways after im done with work and gym let's have some fun

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Might have been me. I played several great rounds with a Ness player around then, mostly using Mega Man. If it was you, we had some really fun games!
IIRC I did 5 rounds with this "Zero", I don't remember if he used someone other than Mega Man.

If you remember my screen name, PM me! :)

cptnOlimar

Smash Rookie
Is there a guy named Sora out there who changed his character every round? Some great matches man.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Not this link lol, I been at work all day so far, but that's weird since I do play with ness anyways after im done with work and gym let's have some fun
Aww darn. Alrighty then! We shall fight soon!

Oh and I fought a bit online today. Looking for a Squeak who destroyed my Lucario with a green Captian Falcon at Boxing Ring and also looking for a nano who played a great green Marth at Reset Bomb Forest! And if anybody fights a green Pikachu named Julius, they spam Thunder Jolt like no tomorrow. Just sayin'

Last edited:

RWB

Smash Ace
Played someone called "Ian" for a while
he used shiek for a few matches , then falcon
i used jiggly for all but the last, in which i switched to ganon
in case you read this:sorry, i didnt mean to sd at the end, i wanted to jump from the ledge and try to grab you with side b , but circlepad **** ups are still a thing for me
I also fought an Ian, but he played Little Mac and Samus.

Bittersweet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eskay64
3DS FC
2449-5765-1828
Damn, I was gonna make a thread like this, but it was gonna be written as a letter. Oh well.

Dear Skittles,
Your Yoshi is too much. Please continue to wreck face. I would have loved to challenge you some more.

Dear CVIL,
Never use Robin again. You're taking it from "camping" to "the Blair Witch Project" and it doesn't work.

If anyone meets a LUNCH in For Glory, I apologize if there is lag or if I beat you. And if I don't beat you, I apologize even more.
You're taking it from "camping" to "the Blair Witch Project" and it doesn't work.
I don't know who you are, but just for referencing Blair Witch, I have respect for you.

~~~~~~~~
Anyway, if anyone has faced an Old Manondorf or a Melia-colored Shulk named "Bitte", that'd be me.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
My online name is Javier, and I normally play Dr. Mario (Yellow), Lucina (Tharja Black) and occasionally Pac-Man (Regular). I don't remember many names right now but I'll check this thread often to see if I run into someone I fought.

Resonance

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-7948-1408
Online name is Wilson, I usually play Rosalina.

I had some good matches with some good players. I saw Darkpeach but isn't sure if that was the legit one.(Was using Megaman and Wii Fit)

WhuTom

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-9000-8776
I just got taken apart and I mean destroyed by a Little Mac user called Mr. Disco. He was a little bit campy and stayed away from the edge like it was the plague but he nevertheless annihilated me in 2 games.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
If you run into a mediocre orange Mac, or a terrible dalmatian DHD, menu screen shirt Ness or purple armband Pac-Man named Joshua, it's me.
Feel free to kick my ***.
I think I might've met your Mac online 2-3 days ago. I'm "MFR" and I may have used either default color Shulk or pink hoodie Mac.

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
So I'm Ian. But I think I'm not the same Ian that has been referred to. I generally start of will Mac, and then switch to Robin, Palutena, WFT, Link or Lucario.

I've had some great games the last few days, but I haven't been paying attention to the names. I'll start being more attentive!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Where's a villager named Ian? He plays Villager(ofc) and just did the most honorable and yet least necessary thing. I botched and SD'd with Falcon early game and he evened it out...mad respect even if you didn't have to! (Nice Villager too!)

WhuTom

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-9000-8776
Is it possible to change your Smash online name? If so, how? I don't remember ever setting mine as Tom (presume it just got it from my DS general info or something) and theres probably tons of Toms, so if possible I'd put it as WhuTom for distinction...

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Just change the name of your system's primary Mii and it should work. S'what I did so I would be TTTTTsd online and nobody could confuse me for anyone else ever.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
This Kirby player that rage-quit *right* before he lost to my ZSS.
Know that I still got the win, you cheap, cheap person.
You know who you are.

fidelis hodie

Smash Rookie
Thank you "Ad" for teaching my the little mac matchup and how to effectively deal with it last night. I main jiggs and we must have been back and forth for at least half an hour in for glory.

I discovered so many great things. So many.

you are a blessing lol

Bittersweet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eskay64
3DS FC
2449-5765-1828
So I just had about an hour and a half's worth of battles with someone named "Scout". I lost most of the time, but I had a few moments of taking him aback -- particularly when I switched to Shulk and beat him twice before returning to my losing streak. He played MK, Kirby, Dedede, Ike, and Palutena. So if you're here, GGs.

And I've noticed that a ton of For Glory players are honorable enough to SD after the other player fumbles off the stage themselves. Kudos to all of you, really.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I fought this guy named Mr. 3DS as my Mega Man, he gave me quite the run-around until I realized that I shouldn't be scared of Counter, just position myself so that when he uses Counter, he does nothing significant. Man, did he kill my W/L ratio. He beat my Mega Man 9 times and it really hurt, until the last few fights. (His Little Mac seemed to be his biggest threat, I beat him when he was using any other character) Down to a 76% win rate now, I was at 79%.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
****ing hell this XTRPRIME or whatever is a coward. Cowards are the worst kind, they force me to be a coward sometimes.

jackpot_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1593-6120
If you ever come across a Ludwig player named "er¢e" who you're absolutely destroying, that would be me.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
I just faced a Mario player named BladeYKM (or something similar), who is TOO STRONK!! XD If you're reading this, I'm the guy who switched to Peach at the end after a few rounds as Marth. I don't play as her too often so I was surprised I got a KO in! Anyway nice matches.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
Hey I think I played you, your name looks familiar.

My mains are sonic, Kirby and Mega man but I might of played with a few others. I remember you were pretty darn good.
I recognize your name! GG's :) I think you online name was "Jords2g..." It was to big for the Percentage bar lol.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Yo, @ Player -0 Player -0 did I see you in For Glory teams as P-0? They stayed one round as a Dr. Mario then left. I was the white dress Rosalina playing badly lol. I go by Sassy.

Also, whoever you are Dodge, awesome C.Falcon, and I hope you can forgive me for how badly I played on either side.
Psh, I'm too poor to have a 3DS/Smash 4 right now. Maybe later.

Spoiler to hide jealousy.

Top Bottom