• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Maniacmatt

Smash Rookie
Signed up to try and find a cool opponent I had a couple days ago. I was Little Mac and he was Link and we both charged in a bit and simultaneous used our side-b moves, which resulted in my Little Mac landing on top of the boomerang's whirlwind and getting tossed helplessly off the stage, without either of us taking a single percentage of damage. However, in a true display of sportsmanship, he jumped off the stage and died to even it out, and we finished the match on even ground. Super cool of whoever it was, and we had a few good matches besides, so let's swap codes or whatever.

If anyone fights me, I'm Matt online and mostly play a white Ike or Little Mac, though I play as Falco, Greninja and Olimar as well.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
If you ever stumble across a terrible player playing as any of my mains listed in my signature, named Homsar3, well, HI!

Hitokiri_Ace

Smash Rookie
If you fought a Zelda named Hito-Ace, that's me. :)
Well! That was fun, I'm at about 90 matches, 93% win.. and HOLY crap.. a lot better people on today it seemed... and YOU.... whoever was that Yellow Yoshi tossing those oh so salty eggs.. dang.. you took 2 games from me.. I got 2 from you.. (then I ran away) :p You are too good using those eggs man.. :|

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
Last night, I fought with a guy named Dehv. He had a legit Luigi, killed me several times with cyclones to the sky. My Mario and his Luigi went at it for about 15 matches. I've only won 3 of them, but they were all close. It progressed to the point where, at the start of a match, we both taunted, then crouched twice to indicate we're ready to fight. Kind of a handshake, if you will.

Name's Sir Waffle online if you've run into my Mario, Falcon, Ganondorf, or DK.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I played this incredible Japanese Greninja player in a set. The reads and tech were amazing. Nintendo, why couldn't you implement the Metroid Prime Hunters rival system? ;_;

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Today DOES seem better online. Had some great matches.

First against a Lucina with my Blue Falcon. It was pretty close with me winning by nearly a full stock, but the best part was that in the 3 games we played I literally could see the player learning how to get better with reads and not spam some stuff. Made me so happy that I could help someone like that.

Just a second ago against a Falcon named Danny. Great Falcon ditto, glad I could take it. Dude could hit some SUPER nice sweetspot knees off the ledge that I didn't expect. Glad I won, but great games!

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
If you see a guy named C.Falcon, then that would be me. But only if I beat you.
Omg! I think I played against you in Team Battle a few days ago, I was Squrvizard, if you remember, I was a Greninja. We were kind of back and forth. It doesn't show the full name though, so you'll see "Squirviz..."

I'm very late to the party, so you may not remember me.

Edit: I also heard this "chris" guy floating around in a few posts in this thread. I've seen him too. I ran into him 3 times. Of course anyone could be named "chris", so maybe it's not the same person.

Remember, if you see someone with the username was Squrvizard (won't see full name, it'll be "Squirviz..."), that's me. I'll likely be playing Greninja, but I switch it up sometimes.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hopefully starting this Friday, if you find a player named Bedoop-Man who plays a Toon Link, Duck Hunt and/or Game & Watch, that's me.
Unless it's an imitator. Those can kindly leave. :\

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Today I played a loooooooooot of games with a player named "ZERO". @CT ZeRo If that was you, it was an honour to get the chance to play against a top player.

Whoever you are, if you see this post I was the red Lucina named "RascalTC" and you were absolutely incredible. I also wish to ask you three questions:
1. Any pointers?
2. What should I do against ZSS? I struggle a lot with that matchup in For Glory.
3. What do you think of my Lucina's style? In our first games I used a lot of SH aerials, as that's what I'm used to doing, but later on I realised that having a stronger ground game was more effective against you. All those Dtilt and Ftilt pokes with grab mixups made me feel like I was playing Roy again.

Again, I don't know who you are, but our matches were so intense that I quit because I was out of breath and my throat was hurting.

Finally, you remember that Dthrow -> Bair -> Uair -> Utilt string I did against your Ike? I'd been practicing that in the lab :p

EDIT: I forgot to save replays of most of our earlier matches. I've got the ones of your Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Shulk, Ike, Marth and the second time you chose Sheik.

Last edited:

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
If "RMONK" is on here and ever sees this, i'd like him to know that his fox was very good and I had a good time getting wrecked by him. would like to play you again if possible

BBC7

Smash Ace
I still find it surprising that no one has encountered me. Am I really that rare to find or just unmemorable? (Yellow-Black Mega Man named Andi as a reminder)

T.Bunny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Judisu
3DS FC
0275-8644-0970
Add me i have no way to play Mii with people and she's like my second barring that they arent deemed illegal in the future

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I still find it surprising that no one has encountered me. Am I really that rare to find or just unmemorable? (Yellow-Black Mega Man named Andi as a reminder)
If you ignored the response I gave yesterday, I said I'm pretty sure I fought your mega man.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I...THINK I may have run into you? Did you fight a Purple/Black Dr. Mario named TTTTTsd at some point?

BBC7

Smash Ace
I...THINK I may have run into you? Did you fight a Purple/Black Dr. Mario named TTTTTsd at some point?
I fought a Black Dr. Mario before, one of the few people that managed to beat me without me beating him back at least once. To be fair, I was being kind of scrubby and I think I may have went for F-smashes that I should've known would be reflected.

If you ignored the response I gave yesterday, I said I'm pretty sure I fought your mega man.
I don't know which character you used or your name, so I was unsure. I didn't ignore your response, however. I just couldn't confirm it, is all.

Last edited:

T.Bunny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Judisu
3DS FC
0275-8644-0970
SevenYearItch

of that was in the last 2 days it may have been me, i remember losing to a blue falcon a few times.

My name was Bunny

I'd love to play more add me

Goobgoyle

Smash Cadet
NNID
RWolffe
3DS FC
3394-3566-2944
My name is Rae online. Played some pretty awesome matches against a Robin. He was legit as all hell. Wish I remembered the name, tho. I'd like to get more rounds in.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I fought a Black Dr. Mario before, one of the few people that managed to beat me without me beating him back at least once. To be fair, I was being kind of scrubby and I think I may have went for F-smashes that I should've known would be reflected.

I don't know which character you used or your name, so I was unsure. I didn't ignore your response, however. I just couldn't confirm it, is all.
Have you fought a black dress Rosa or saturn shirt Ness named Shania` at any point? I only remember fighting one mega man wearing that costume and I remember encountering an Andi. Not sure if it was you or not.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
...I think.
Well if you have, then that was me. I tend to play keep away with Rosa. If you get too close, I'd hit you away with Rosa, then up smash with Luma. Oddly enough, I specifically remember the match being on Green Hill. If that was you, then I find that nice.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Could've been me, maybe? I cape a lot so there's potential for that...there's not a lot of Doc users so it's fairly likely, perhaps.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Could've been me, maybe? I cape a lot so there's potential for that...there's not a lot of Doc users so it's fairly likely, perhaps.
I've actually grown interested in having Dr. Mario as a secondary main, although Mega Man will be hard to replace for me because I started with him in the demo and I do the most successful as him in fights. I've also been using Fox-trotting as movement instead of Rolling lately, because Fox-trotting still leaves your options open. It also opens up the option of Glide Tossing[dash momentum + jump and toss(simutaneously)], which is handy for a character that can summon his own items.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
SevenYearItch

of that was in the last 2 days it may have been me, i remember losing to a blue falcon a few times.

My name was Bunny

I'd love to play more add me
Was today actually. Don't remember the name actually. I'll add though even if it wasn't you in the end haha

Solarman

Smash Cadet
I've seen a few black and yellow megamen around. I'm Solar and I usually play Atomic fire Megaman and MURICA Mac.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I'm very bad at Smash, so I was kind of terrified of entering For Glory mode. I didn't want to ruin everyone's flow, you dig? The first guy I ran into beat me effortlessly with Bowser and immediately disconnected. I somehow ran into someone called Brown who played with Samus and Zero Suit Samus, but mostly Samus. You played with me (Default Yoshi for 3 games, default Ness for 2 games) and even when you beat me you kept on going and it was a really nice experience. I even won twice, which made me really happy because it means I'm not hopeless. Thanks for making me feel welcome on For Glory!

Jasir

Smash Rookie
Has anyone come across a player called Jasir? That's me. btw i fought this godlike player called "loius" and he wrecked me, picked my character and wrecked me again and i like to thin k of myself as a fairly decent player, with over 200 wins and less than 50 losses in 1v1 mode.

sweq32

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sweq32
I go by Sweq32 on Smash as well. I doubt anyone has here has seen me, but look out for me. I don't have a definitive character so I usually change it up every so often. Though I feel like most people find me annoying to face because of my rolling habit and would prefer to forget me, sometimes.

harbinqer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5343-9989-0010
Played a killer :rosalina: / :4falcon: by the name of chadman
Would love the chance to maybe rematch and possibly redeem myself from those mediocre matches I played

RoySFNR

Smash Rookie
Damn, this game seriously needs a add friend option. Might be a long shot but anyone of you named Harald or Hareld in game? Just got done playing about 15 matches versus his :4robinm:/:4lucina: and after winning about 3 or 4, he proceded to download me and destroy every single character I thought I was strong with.

My in game name is Rai x SFNR which is shortened to Rai x S and I played :rosalina:/:4link:/:4lucario:/:4fox:/:4falco: I believe. Would like a rematch once the tilt wears off :substitute:

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I'm looking for someone who goes by J. I don't even know how many matches we played (I know I lost most of em cause I'm a scrub haha) but, I had a lot of fun with ya :) We had a mirror Mario match with you as regular Mario and I was fire Mario and we caped a fireball back and forth on Gaur Plains I believe. Shoot me your FC if you're on here!

If anybody on this thread finds me, I play pretty decently not really with:4lucario: :4greninja: :4charizard::4mario::4robinf::4sheik::4zss::4littlemac::4sheik::4lucina::4yoshi:and :4ness: by the name of ShyKChan (or possibly Kaylin if I change it~)

Online really really needs an add friend option T^T

Shout out to ely♪ for giving my Lucario a heck of a fight with a black Falco! I'd like your FC too if you're on here!

Last edited:

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
if anyone sees "WOAP" that's all me. i use pink costumes only excluding my White Ike. (in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month)

Last edited:
Top Bottom