• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who wants to go to EVO 2008 !!

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
First game of a match to be played on Evo Custom Map. Players can decide to play on any map, if both players agree.

Excessive stalling or abusing terrain to not engage the enemy is prohibited, and can be enforced by a tournament director only. This will result in a loss of the match.

Losing player can pick a new stage or new character, not both.

Winner keeps character (users of Samus/Zamus, Zelda/Shiek, and Pokemon Trainer are currently ALLOWED to change which character/mode they start in even after a win) but must select character/mode before other player has to choose stage/character.

2 Stock, 3 Min timer, 3/5 Games

Items on medium spawn.

Sudden Death will decide the outcome of the game.

Allowed Items: Banana Peel, Unira, Spring, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Smoke Ball, Freezie, Super Scope, Sandbag, Food, Screw Attack, Warp Star, Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Baseball Bat, Lip's Stick, Star Rod, Hothead, Smash Ball, Ray Gun, Pitfall, Cracker Launcher, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Bumper, Blast Box, Franklin Badge.

Banned Stages: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, Warioware, Spear Pillar, Flat Zone 2, Original Mario Brothers, Mushroomy Kingdom, Norfair.
nooo they banned norfair
but left in the dk scrolling stage LOL

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=155899

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'd go. The ruleset could use tweaking, but to be honest I've always wanted a big items on tourney.

I'm surprised everyone is ****ting themselves over the rule sets though.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Honestly, i've entered one of their online tourneys with the rules they have set. Its a lot of fun, and items aren't as broken as you would think. Its just another way to play; don't bash it till you've tried it

Handorin

Smash Hero
Rules are more of a guideline. Who said we had to follow them? Lawlz. Where is the first one at?

S0FT

Smash Ace
Dont know why you guys are sweating it? Its brawl.... Doesnt matter if final smashes are on or if all stages or unbanned.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
dang, i had planned on entering brawl for evo... but i guess im gonna enter 3rd strike and guilty gear... and probably tekken.... and marvel vs capcom... THEY NEED MARIO KART FOR THE DS...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'd go anyway; my gripe would be the time limit.

Yeah, it's a pain, and it's certainly different, but it's not -that- bad.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
It does, but the rules for the tourney suck. The items are going to interfere with the match. And u won't need any type of skill to win a match with these rules.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It does, but the rules for the tourney suck. The items are going to interfere with the match. And u won't need any type of skill to win a match with these rules.
Items don't negate skill, they add a random factor to the game that, ironically, through skill is actually quite simple to over come.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
I 100% AGREE with you man... people already have

guns: FOX/FALCO/WOLF/Zero Suit Samus/Diddy Kong
Blaster: Samus
fire balls: mario/luigi/lucas/ness/Zelda
Bow & Arrows: Pit/Link/Young Link
Waddle D's: Kind D3
Thunderballs: Pikachu/Ness/Lucas
Underamour that does 10% damage: Zero Suit Samus
Bombs: Link/ Young Link/Samus/Snake
Boomerangs: Link/Young Link
Plink: Falco/Lucas (although fox and wolf have one also, it's not a projectile)
Flamethrower: PK Trainer
Water Gun: PK Trainer
Razor Leaf: PK Trainer
FART: Wario
needles: Sheik
bananas: Diddy Kong
Motor Cycles: Wario

that's all I can think of right now, and that's enough dam items in the game already... 2 many to be correct

EVO IS GONNA BE CRAZY:psycho:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Avoiding final smashes is easy. Especially sonics.
Most of them aren't that bad... the ones that are hard to avoid are usually easy to punish. Dumb *** zero lazer loses me a stock every time I'd use it hit or miss because of it's ridiculous cool down times after the shot. Peach's can be easily avoided and drops health items on the field.

Two examples, but I'm sure you can understand what I mean. none of the final smashes are anywhere near a guaranteed stock. At least in my experience.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
sonics is good, but the mechanics of it kind of balance it's self out, the faster he moves the more knock back he has but the harder it is for him to redirect his momentummaking it easy to spot dodge or roll past it. Sonic can stand still on top of you to counter that but the knock back would be negligible and he'd have to give chase predicting your DI and guess when/if you'll dodge, a friend of mine got pretty good with it though. Ii'll agree sonics final smash is probably one of the better ones in the game, but even then sonic has a really hard time killing people in general. He needs his final smash, thats probably why he is so gimped on everything but speed...

Finch

Smash Lord
Seriously, sonic's final smash is impossible to avoid without losing a stock. Same for every landmaster. Sonic is also probably the best character in the game at getting final smashes considering his speed, very high jump and fair.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Items don't negate skill, they add a random factor to the game that, ironically, through skill is actually quite simple to over come.
your right skill is easy to avoid with item. And there are a couple of finalsmashes that are unavoidable and you will get killed or at least get some major damage put on you. And thats not including the other item. The items take away the random factor away from the match.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
land masters kills depend a lot on your character and the stage, with my shiek I'd generally have little to no issue regardless of the level. With sonic all you need is a good dodge to avoid a lot of it, at least as far as my experiences have shown me, it can be hard but it isn't guaranteed.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
To all who asked for MM's in MKDS.

I take you all on.

Bring it.

<3

On Topic-Those rules blow.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Lol This kid must be serious^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Um never tried that before lol. I'd prefer IRL.

Of course we can always play for fun also. :)

You know, friendlies before I TAKE YO MONEY <3

Edit- Lol I'm just playing, I'm not THAT arrogant lol. I've never seen you play so who knows, maybe you can trash me, maybe you can't. I'd like to see what you can do though, we should play sometime. :)

Top Bottom