• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who still uses their main(s) from Smash Bros. 64?

Genghis Krahn

Smash Cadet
I thought It'd be interesting to see which characters have stayed interesting enough through 3 games, for a player to stay loyal to them. Or who has been loyal enough to their character that they stuck with them even if they got changed for the worse.

This doesn't even have to be about your main. Could be a secondary or just a character you like to use. The characters in discussion include:

- Mario
- Luigi
- Yoshi
- Donkey Kong
- Kirby
- Link
- Fox
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Captain Falcon
- Samus
- Ness

Which of these do you think have become a little stale? Which have changed with the games and continued to be fun to play? Are there any characters that you didn't like in SSB46, but you picked them up in Melee or Brawl?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I still use Kirby, and I still use the same color. :p

SirKibble

Smash Champion
In 64, I used Kirby, Link, Ness, and Jiggs, and I still use all of them.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
I've mained Yoshi in all three games (though I admit I did float around a bit before I finally decided to main him in Brawl)

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I mained Link in 64 and in Melee for a good amount of time, but with Brawl I never even thought of maining Link.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I mained Kirby and Fox in 64 and Melee(Fox obviously being my choice for more competitive matches, Kirby being more for fun at this point), and am maining Kirby again in Brawl(I can NOT get used to Fox with the different speed/gravity of Brawl, or else he would fit too.)

Thand

Smash Cadet
I mained Ness in 64 and Melee, and planned on maining him in Brawl. Then I was introduced to Lucas' haircut and it was all over.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
I use Jiggs in all three games... but only as my "second main".

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
In the original, I played as Link, Pikachu, and Fox most often. I lost interest in Fox back in Melee, but kept the other two. These days, I still play Pikachu on occasion. As for Link? Well. He's still one of my favorite characters- the only person I play as more than him is Sonic. Heh...

smashlink_aru

Smash Apprentice
I use link and toon link as my mains, I know people says link stinks but I really like to play as him.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
I really liked playing kirby in ssb64 but i found his melee form abysmal, but now my love for kirby has returned

Hikki

Smash Rookie
My main characters totally changed from game to game. In 64, I mained Ness. (DJC aerial combos FTW), in Melee I mained Captain Falcon (don't even need to say why), and in Brawl I use many characters in a highly competitive level, some of them being King D3, Wolf, Snake and some others.

Genghis Krahn

Smash Cadet
In 64 I mostly used Pikachu, Kirby, Captain Falcon, and Mario.

I stuck to Pikachu mostly in Melee. I still used C. Falcon quite a bit. Mario and Kirby once in a while. The only newcomer in Melee I used much was Mewtwo, and I started using Samus a bit more.

In Brawl I still use Pikachu, and I'm liking the Brawl Kirby a better than the Melee Kirby. I'm also using Mario more now. I haven't been using C. Falcon much, but I've been wanting to pick him up again. And in Brawl I picked up Luigi, and use him quite a bit.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu FTW! I've also been using Ness in the first two games but haven't even touched him in Brawl...

fortunArcanum

Smash Cadet
I started with Mario for about a week and then I discovered the joy of Ness. I haven't looked back since. The only characters to come even slightly close to Ness are Wario and Lucas but Ness still reigns supreme.

???????

Smash Journeyman
I've always used some form of Mario since the first Super Smash Bros.; I used Dr. Mario in Melee.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I Mained Kirby. Mained Kirby in Melee. And I continue to Main him.
I hated fox in 64 and Melee. Main Now.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well I've always been fond of Kirby and Samus ever since my 64 days, but kinda stopped playing as him in Melee since I found Bowser to be good as, but now that Sakurai inproved Kirby I have begun to play as him almost as much as my 64 days which I really miss btw.

BOFO

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff, and I was going to switch at first after checking here when the game first came out and I was doing terrible, but I stuck to it and now I can top most people I play easily.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I mained Pikachu and I still do now.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
My mains in SSB64 were Link, Pikachu, and Ness. I stopped using Ness and Pikachu in Melee. But used Link for fun every now and then. And I used Roy as my main in Melee. Now in Brawl, Pikachu and Ness are some of my favorite characters to play, even though they aren't my mains.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Throughout the Smash Series i've always enjoyed combat with swordsmen, so in SSB64 I mained Link, SSBM I mained Marth (I always preffered quick fighters, and as such chose Marth over Roy for that reason and the fact he was 1000x better in almost every respect), and now in SSBB at present i'm using Marth yet again, with a little Metaknight on the side :D

carlp

Smash Rookie
I have been Kirby since the beginning. I dabble with Pikachu, Link, and Captain Falcon still, but when I need a win in a big match, it's Kirby all the way.

MikeyRules112

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0576-3704-6465
I used Pikachu, Kirby, and Luigi in 64.

In Melee I still used Pikachu, Kirby, and Luigi while I picked up Ness and Fox.

Now in Brawl I dropped Fox for Falco while still using the other 4.

Top Bottom