• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who still plays samus?!?!

ADHD

Smash Hero
I started to pick her up at late melee, right before brawl came out, I literally just learned to missile cancel with her lol.

I want to know, is she capable of winning a large tournament? Not that it matters to me, she's still a beast.

rhan

Smash Hero
Any character can win a tournement. It all depends on the skill of the player.

Samus is a pretty good character to use. You might need to look up things about her if your going to try to get into the competitive scene.

-Super Wavedash
-Double Missle'ing
-Her matchups
-Bomb jumping

Those are just a few things I could think of at the moment. :\

EDIT: You've got the best sig ever...Dont ever change it!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
No, Samus can't win a tournament unless she employs the Peach strategy and has an ICs player take out everyone that she can't. She's terrible.

ADHD

Smash Hero
No, Samus can't win a tournament unless she employs the Peach strategy and has an ICs player take out everyone that she can't. She's terrible.
Was that sarcasm? I really couldn't tell. She's a solid character, and I know she has lots of trouble for that reason, she's just not broken.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
My region is garbage.
There I said it.
We were all thinking it.
...Except maybe Iori, because even if I could read his mind I couldn't decipher anything I found there.

But seriously, if I moved to Cali/Florida/Northeast I'd rarely make brackets in region-wide tourneys.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I started plating her about a month and a half ago, and I'm doing better with her than with my previous main, Mario. I might move to another character, but she's my main for now.

rhan

Smash Hero
D'oH said:
Sarcasim over the net fails. Nuff said.

F8 iS RiPPiN said:
See: Wes, HugS.
Best people to copy....I mean learn from. Don't forget Mike Nasty! ;D

ChromePirate said:
I've watched them lately, what makes HugS so good though? He has such weird spacing.
I looked at HugS for defensive play. His spacing is his best trait.

AIDS

Smash Lord
I am like the only Samus main in B.C. and Finally on the PR, so I guess samus is not a bad charecter, just not as many players, if there is 3 fox's compared to 1 samus, fox has 3 times as much chance to win, and this is my excuse for low numbers of samus's coming #1 in tournaments.

I still play samus!!!!
*Claps* Good job, you seem exited to say this.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I am like the only Samus main in B.C. and Finally on the PR, so I guess samus is not a bad charecter, just not as many players, if there is 3 fox's compared to 1 samus, fox has 3 times as much chance to win, and this is my excuse for low numbers of samus's coming #1 in tournaments.
If there is ONE fox compared to 1 Samus, Fox STILL has 3 times the odds of winning because he's just flat out one of the best characters in the game (if not the best), with way more favorable matchups.

ADHD

Smash Hero
If there is ONE fox compared to 1 Samus, Fox STILL has 3 times the odds of winning because he's just flat out one of the best characters in the game (if not the best), with way more favorable matchups.
So what, samus has her own advantages.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Samus is great. I love her as a character in her games and as a fighter in Melee. She fits so perfectly into my style, I love it. With Samus, I feel as if there is no opponent I can't beat.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Samus is a unique Charecter, and as Corey games said in a nother thread, there seems to be many people who are learning smash melee, many new people. So I would say Samus in Melee is starting to get very popular.

Top Bottom