• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who should i use?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nugget

Smash Cadet
yea yea, sounds like a newb kinda question, but i seriously have major issues staying loyal to any one character, and i get the feeling that it's hindering my overall ability to pwn...(btw just to put it into perspective for you, i've owned the game since it came out, such as most of you probably have, so i am by no means new to this game!) Im like a "jack of all trades, master of none" i can never stay with one character long enough to master them. i can pretty much own a lvl9 (nobody in my neighborhood plays :,\ )with all the characters. so i was just wondering who u ppl think i should main as. the characters i use most are the space animals, zelda/shiek (yes i use both), marth, and link. so basically, who out of those should i use? oh and dont gimme any of the "its a matter of personal preferance" crap! just give me your opinion on which of my best characters (mentioned above) you think has the greatest overall potential...:confused:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Go with someone you feel the most comfortable with. If you can't decide with that in mind then in my opinion, you should go with Fox or Marth. Fox is currently considered the best character in the game, is really fast, and can KO certain characters at low percentage with a simple shine spike. Marth has a huge quick striking range and can KO with F-smash at low percentages.

pdk

Smash Lord
nobody cares if you're loyal to a certain character, people like azen and chu are notable exactly for not doing that

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Bowser is a good option. Anyone who knows anything will tell you brute force & cooteness > speed! [/noobness]

What? I don't got anything to say. Can I get some privacy around here? Sheesh...

Giggidax

Smash Ace
wtf if uve owned the game for this long then cant u choose urself? and also, level 9's suck ugh to heck with level 9s!!!

anyway, why would u go by wat other people say? u should choose who u think ur best with. just because some other people prefer a certain character doesnt mean u should listen to them. trying to become good with a character that u dont approve of urself is pointless. whoever ur most comfortable with is ur most reasonable choice.

but anyway watever floats ur boat. i say go with fox.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Go with someone you feel the most comfortable with. If you can't decide with that in mind then in my opinion, you should go with Fox or Marth. Fox is currently considered the best character in the game, is really fast, and can KO certain characters at low percentage with a simple shine spike. Marth has a huge quick striking range and can KO with F-smash at low percentages.

FYI Fox is not considered the best character in the game. Sheik Marth Fox and Falco are all up for discussion and agreed to be the top 4.

As for you nugget, try different people and pick whoever you want :)

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Use whoever fits your style of play, I personally use Falco, because I like his style of play, and his techs aren't mindblowingly hard for me. I used to main Fox, but I learned about the advanced techs, and it's just very hard to short hop with Fox. So I wouldn't be able to shffl. So I chose a character with similar playstyle, and it works.

It's all about your style, which we have no idea what yours is. And for the record, don't fight level 9 computers.

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
I play Fox. >_> He's pretty cool. Play him. But then people will be all like "Oh, top-tier player, huh?" But I've always played Fox, and tiers are silly. I mean, why wouldn't you want to play something called a "space animal?"
Though, like Leoneri said, if you find Fox too fast/hard to really manage, try Falco. He's a bird, lol.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Though I have no idea who you are, who you like, nor do I care who you are, and what you're like, I'd like to reccomend Ice Climbers or Jigglypuff.

Middle tier characters that just annoy the HELL out of people.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
just play captain falcon
nobody hates captain falcon ^^
I hate Captin Falcon:mad: he moves across the stage so fast.If you really can't decide who to main then just practice all of the characters you mentioned above and they'll naturally separate themselves into mains and secondaries for you to use based on their perfomance. I'd say go with Marth because the technical skill set is not that hard to master for him. The only thing that will take any kind of work will be timing the IASA on his fair and d-tilt (Much more on the Fair since it has less stun and thus needs to be done faster.) He's also not as fast paced as the spacies or shiek, but he doesn't need to be. Or you could main Zelda/Shiek so people could be lik WTF you main Zelda?

nugget

Smash Cadet
level 9's suck ugh to heck with level 9s!!!
ok this is the second time im going to say this, nobody in my neighborhood plays and my friend who used to play moved to a different state. so, what, do you expect me to just not play?
oh and about choosing a character that i dont personally approve of, that is exactly the problem! ive approved of all the characters and mained with almost all of them at least once!
and thanks to the people who actually answered my question, i believe i will main as BOTH sheik AND falco!

happy smashing!:p

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Here's a little secret. Put the cursor in that little space approximately middle left of the screen (Above Player 1). Press A. That's the character you should main. Don't cry if you don't like that character. That's what God wants you to main.

If all else fails, play Zelda. :)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
just play captain falcon
nobody hates captain falcon ^^
I agree with Azianraven
Captain falcon is thy best character to use if you never want someone talk smack about who you use and best of all he's like 6th best in the game...but part of the reason why no one does is because he so hard to use....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom